3-22 Carry Introduced for 2016 Legislative Session!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Here's the playlist of every House and Senate meeting to date:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoqVk1SqBulN6kjk-lHZ5EsfZQjdGwhgw

It should be up for second reading tomorrow, with 3rd reading and a vote on Saturday!

It will then go back to the House to approve any Amendments (there was a good one in Senate Judiciary) and then onto the Gov's desk.

Tomblin's veto is expected and current numbers should easily provide us with the simple majority for an override which we'll have plenty of time to do. :party29:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Here's the playlist of every House and Senate meeting to date:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoqVk1SqBulN6kjk-lHZ5EsfZQjdGwhgw

It should be up for second reading tomorrow, with 3rd reading and a vote on Saturday!

It will then go back to the House to approve any Amendments (there was a good one in Senate Judiciary) and then onto the Gov's desk.

Tomblin's veto is expected and current numbers should easily provide us with the simple majority for an override which we'll have plenty of time to do. :party29:

What was the amendment?

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Maybe this
    Thank you for your At the outset, you should know that I do not take orders from Bloomberg or anyone else. I do try to exercise my common sense in being a public servant, and on this bill, I used my nearly 50 years as a gun owner, shooter, hunter, and in self-defense.

That said, I believe the right to bear arms, while inviolate, comes with responsibilities particularly when carrying concealed in public. My amendments never interfered with the right to own and bear arms, which I would not do, but went to safety issues for our families and children.

You and I know that a great responsibility comes with handling any weapon. I know, and perhaps you know, that many folks who will be buying a gun for the first time will not take the time to learn how to safely handle their weapon unless we make it a responsibility. The novice will buy a handgun, keep it in the car, then in a pressure situation, nervously pull it out under circumstances they deem appropriate. They shoot the bad guy, great. They shoot themselves, their passenger in the car, my daughter or son or some other innocent bystander, then that is an avoidable tragedy.

As to the other amendments, I did not want people carrying weapons to be wrongly arrested because of inconsistent application of the law, so one amendment made it clear that you cannot carry concealed in any school (the bill originally said you can't carry in a public school, but you could in a private school unless the school had a policy to the contrary) while preserving the right of a private school to permit concealed weapons under a plan. I also do not believe that guns and alcohol are a good mix and tried to avoid that combination with an amendment.
    Kindest regards,
    Senator Mike Romano
    12 District

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    3rd Reading this Monday.
    Then to House for concurrence or committee.
    Then to Governor's Desk.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Contact your WV Delegates IMMEDIATELY as HB4145 is likely to be voted on this morning sometime. Ask that the Bill get Concurrence. We do not want it to go back to conference, whereby it could get delayed. Again ask for Concurrence. Just rumors, but some say Del. Armstead may try to send it back to conference. Then the delay where it will be too late to override the Governor's impending veto.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Got this in my email a little while ago:

Constitutional Carry Passes Legislature
    Today, the House amended HB4145 to add a $50 tax credit for training. They then immediately sent it to the Senate, who immediately concurred. I have never seen such quick cooperation between the houses before the last day of the session.

This is in no small part due to the leadership of the House and Senate.

Net result: The bill now goes to the governor where we expect a veto. After the veto, both houses are expected to override.

Constitutional Carry has passed a huge milestone.

Contact Senate President Bill Cole's office at (304) 357-7801 and thank him for his leadership in recovering your liberties.

Contact Speaker Tim Armstead at (304) 340-3210 and tell him the same.

And from the WVCDL BoD, please accept our deepest thanks. Every phone call and email you sent had an effect. Each of you that showed up at Lobby Day (and other days) at the capitol to fight for your liberty had an effect. You have done a service to your state that cannot be overstated. And consider this. Generations of West Virginians to come may now have their rights recognized thanks to your efforts. Sit back and consider the ramifications of your efforts, and what they really mean now and in the future. Wear your accomplishment with pride.

You make us all proud of our state. It is humbling. Truly.
    Find us on Facebook

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    You'd think the Governor would sign if he has any future political aspirations in the state. After all, why veto something which is going to be overridden easily?

Well done this year by WVCDL. Governor will have 5 days (from when it officially hits his desk which is any day now), and we still have several more weeks left of the legislative session. There will be no running out the clock like last year.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    He'll say that he vetoed it to stand with the police, or erred on the side of safety.

I don't know that he has any further aspirations anyway.

Very glad to have moved back in time to see this happen. It's a big deal.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Vetoed by Gov. Tomblin. Hopefully override is in progress. If you're in WV, contact your legislators. Even if you're a MD resident, contact legislators in border districts. They do listen to what their neighbors have to say.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Second friggin time I've browsed over this thread only to figure out it's not MD.....

Slow learner.:sad20:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Got a lot of family in Grant County, going to be taking a trip out there real soon. Would love to see a veto override

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom