• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Guess the old stand by excuse of " I was just following orders" hasn't improved since Nuremburg...

Use of unnecessary extreme force in a no knock raid should be infrequent and the rational for authorization double checked. Rubber stamping judges should be removed.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Hate to break it to you. When you put money in the bank, it ain't yours anymore. You are considered an unsecured creditor. So, if the bank makes a bad bet, they can use your deposits to cover their losses.

It's called a "bail in". Check your depositors agreement.

They may or may not. Not every bank or credit union has the same procedures, rules and contracts. You can use semantics to try and make a point but it is irrevalent. I'll use this as an example, I expect that whoever is watching my child to not make any mistakes when it comes to their safety. I can use other examples but it is pointless.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I've met the SWAT team in MoCo at an awards ceremony in VA......your not surviving

Don't think it always ends up that way.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/swat-team-deputy-killed-serving-knock-warrant/

As I've always said, no knock raids are frighteningly deadly, for everyone involved. SWAT may have warm bodies, body armor, training and weaponry, but it's not 100%.

We need to stop putting officers lives in danger and end these deadly no-knock raids. In at least one state it is now legal for a home owner to shoot at the cops if they're doing something illegal in your home.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Don't think it always ends up that way.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/swat-team-deputy-killed-serving-knock-warrant/

As I've always said, no knock raids are frighteningly deadly, for everyone involved. SWAT may have warm bodies, body armor, training and weaponry, but it's not 100%.

We need to stop putting officers lives in danger and end these deadly no-knock raids. In at least one state it is now legal for a home owner to shoot at the cops if they're doing something illegal in your home.

:envy:

Sad story.....sounds like flash bangs went off outside the trailer giving the occupant a early warning to secure his weapon and prepare for target acquisition.

Ironic that officer who requested the no knock warrant gets killed by it.

Final analysis...we are allowing this extreme measure of entering American homes for frivolous things like two pot plants and a misguided story of illegal possession of a firearms. To shoot or not to shoot if you deem yourself a law abiding citizen when the door gets kicked in will be a decision you have to ponder before it happens as this is a split second reaction that is required.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Final analysis...we are allowing this extreme measure of entering American homes for frivolous things like two pot plants and a misguided story of illegal possession of a firearms. To shoot or not to shoot if you deem yourself a law abiding citizen when the door gets kicked in will be a decision you have to ponder before it happens as this is a split second reaction that is required.

Frivilous is not the word.

It only takes an anonymous phonecall to 911, for an unfounded visit.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    At one time SWAT was reserved for rescuing hostages, responding to barricaded snipers and confronting armed insurgents (i.e. The Black Liberation Army). The problem lies with the fact that the vast majority of SWAT deployments today are for warrant service and most of those warrants are narcotics related. SWAT is a major expense and as a result agencies that employ such teams have to justify the cost of maintaining them - especially if they're staffed with personnel whose sole mission is to serve on the team. After all, you don't buy an expensive car just to leave it in the garage.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    At one time SWAT was reserved for rescuing hostages, responding to barricaded snipers and confronting armed insurgents (i.e. The Black Liberation Army). The problem lies with the fact that the vast majority of SWAT deployments today are for warrant service and most of those warrants are narcotics related. SWAT is a major expense and as a result agencies that employ such teams have to justify the cost of maintaining them - especially if they're staffed with personnel whose sole mission is to serve on the team. After all, you don't buy an expensive car just to leave it in the garage.

Now that the court ruled that SWAT teams cannot claim immunity, it just got a whole lot more expensive....

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I've met the SWAT team in MoCo at an awards ceremony in VA......your not surviving
    Great, so government has free license to send out a hit squad to anyone based on the reasons they can convince themselves are good enough, occasionally pay for it after the fact if it was sufficiently obvious it was an accident AND the judge is a nice guy, and the most you can do is still die anyway?

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Good. Maybe some of these jack booted thugs and their wise overloads will think twice when they are held personally responsible for their actions. Forget settlement which ends up being on the backs of the taxpayers. Put these power hungry, trigger happy goons and their bosses in the slammer!
    The main problem is the judges and DA's who would be tasked with putting them in the slammer like them better than they like average citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom