• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Is it even worthwhile to tell anyone from MoCo that I'll be stopping by? I feel they're all lost causes as many of the MoCo delegates supported FSA2014. And there are too many Liberal Elites to drown out like-minded folks like myself.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Is it even worthwhile to tell anyone from MoCo that I'll be stopping by? I feel they're all lost causes as many of the MoCo delegates supported FSA2014. And there are too many Liberal Elites to drown out like-minded folks like myself.

It is always worhtwhile ... the new folks in the legislature will take notice of any particular crowd. Even if your delegates and senators are not impressed or impressible ... it can put doubts in the minds of fence sitting legisiators in other districts ... always possibly the key vote that the anti's need.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    OK, If I go, how does that help restore gun rights? Someone actually speaks with the grandstanders this day on the issue?

Mr H

Banana'd
    It is always worhtwhile ... the new folks in the legislature will take notice of any particular crowd. Even if your delegates and senators are not impressed or impressible ... it can put doubts in the minds of fence sitting legisiators in other districts ... always possibly the key vote that the anti's need.

Also, letting the establishment folks know we aren't going anywhere, any time soon, will annoy the snot out of some, but might even get a few to actually take a minute to hear you out (even if they don't actually listen right away).

Plus, as folks will be circulating in small groups, you can have a chance to make it sort of a mini Town Hall

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK, If I go, how does that help restore gun rights? Someone actually speaks with the grandstanders this day on the issue?

It may seem simplistic, but trust me on this...

Everything we do is more than nothing, and folks doing nothing is what got us in this pickle for all those years.

Not pointing fingers here, but the general thought process of "it'll never change" is self-defeating, and we have now proving things CAN change.

I know folks might be tired of hearing this, but the elephant didn't grow into the raging herd bull in a year... so it will take some time to eat it... one bite at a time. But, if we bring others in, it goes much quicker, and we can get somewhere in the foreseeable future.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Never been to Annapolis but plan on trying to be there on Tuesday. Where to park and any other pointers would be appreciated. I have back problems and would like to not have to walk an extreme distance. Half mile or so is OK. I would also like to be able to sit for short periods or lean against something. Long term standing is brutal. Seems I remember from reading last years there were some requested do's and don'ts. Blessings and hope to see you guys in force on Tuesday.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Never been to Annapolis but plan on trying to be there on Tuesday. Where to park and any other pointers would be appreciated. I have back problems and would like to not have to walk an extreme distance. Half mile or so is OK. I would also like to be able to sit for short periods or lean against something. Long term standing is brutal. Seems I remember from reading last years there were some requested do's and don'ts. Blessings and hope to see you guys in force on Tuesday.

Great to hear that you'll be there!

Parking at the stadium and taking the shuttle in will drop you right in the heart of it all. Virtually no walking, other than between and inside the buildings.

As for don'ts, leave any potential problem items home (knives, etc.). Handheld signs/flags are OK, but sticks and poles are not.

We have a great relationship with the DGS folks (they take of the area and us), so be sure to tidy up as we go, and thank them for all their hard work.

Otherwise, it's pretty much come and have a say, and enjoy.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.

Here are some pointers I have found for surviving Annapolis during political season. Dress for the weather, right now that means layers, gloves and a hat. It is a little too late to order from the MSI website but blue is a very acceptable choice of color for this day. Like a gun show cash is king. The parking and the bus fare will not accept plastic figure $10 for parking and bus fare ( $6 parking at the navy parking lot and $2 each way to and from the event)
    Getting thru security with ease at the state house . While it is not intensive as getting on an airplane not being a problem by holding up everyone behind you IMHO is just common courtesy. The best way I found for this to happen is to have all your metal objects in a bag to send thru the scanner with your jacket as well. This will eliminate waiting for a tray and it will make getting thru security a breeze. Some things to remember about are belt buckles and steel toe shoes that seem to always trip the scanner. Be sure to check and triple check any bag you have placed ammo in before you carry it into the state house. That loose round of 22LR that fell into there will be found .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Here are some pointers I have found for surviving Annapolis during political season. Dress for the weather, right now that means layers, gloves and a hat. It is a little too late to order from the MSI website but blue is a very acceptable choice of color for this day. Like a gun show cash is king. The parking and the bus fare will not accept plastic figure $10 for parking and bus fare ( $6 parking at the navy parking lot and $2 each way to and from the event)
    Getting thru security with ease at the state house . While it is not intensive as getting on an airplane not being a problem by holding up everyone behind you IMHO is just common courtesy. The best way I found for this to happen is to have all your metal objects in a bag to send thru the scanner with your jacket as well. This will eliminate waiting for a tray and it will make getting thru security a breeze. Some things to remember about are belt buckles and steel toe shoes that seem to always trip the scanner. Be sure to check and triple check any bag you have placed ammo in before you carry it into the state house. That loose round of 22LR that fell into there will be found .

And bring extra $1 bills because the people behind and in front of you will not be prepaired to pay $2 CASH; no, the bus driver will not be able to make change for a $50, $20 or even a $10

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Yes, double check you pockets before trying to go inside. Don't ask me how I know. They wouldn't even let me throw my little pocket knife in the trash can right next to the door, had to go back outside, get rid of the knife and go to the end of the line. Wouldn't you know one of the Representatives recognized me and took me in by flashing his badge. If you get there early enough you can grab a place to sit on one of the benches or walls.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This can't be repeated enough: Leave your toys in the car (yes, even the 6-sided ones).

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    This can't be repeated enough: Leave your toys in the car (yes, even the 6-sided ones).

I was willing to share.

SKD.808-4T.jpg

:innocent0

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Looking like sunny and upper 40s for Tuesday!!

Pontious Pilot said this morning that the temps were going to be in the mid 50's today and it only reached about 42 so I wouldn't count on the upper 40's for Tuesday; figure low 40's at best (like today).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Pontious Pilot said this morning that the temps were going to be in the mid 50's today and it only reached about 42 so I wouldn't count on the upper 40's for Tuesday; figure low 40's at best (like today).

We made 55 here, and I am closer to Annapolis than you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom