• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Longhammer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 23, 2009
    God bless America and God bless JoeBob. Putting in an order now!
    Order in!

Last edited:

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I had a great experience buying my .357 from JoeBob. My FFL welcomed the transfer. In fact, when I was there prior to purchasing, they told me to use them if I found something online. Of course, I bought ammo and then a shotgun and then my wife bought a 9mm. I'd say they benefitted from the transfer.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I mainly only buy online.
    I never understood the pissing match local FFL's had with certain retailers.
    Granted I don't know all the details of a transfer... But when Vince at Gideon was still around I have crap sent to him almost weekly. He never once had an issue weather I called him or not. I think like with everything else and sing it with me......
    "It's all about the money money money!"

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Sounds to me like Joe bobs customers are to blame. And instead of Joe Bob dealing with his customers he bashes 2A because he doesn't like their policy.

When we called for clarification our business was insulted, and they deemed us no longer worthy to do transfers with them since we were not, by their classification: "A Mom & Pop". That's the issue, and that's ********. I wouldn't have said a damn thing, had we not gotten the answer we did.

A customer not following their rules might have instigated things, but it could have been pretty easily solved when we called. Instead we got the middle finger, ear-to-ear. That's pretty stupid, IMO.

If our mutual customers get caught in the cross fire, we wanted to let them know why. It's not our issue, nor was it our decision, nor were we given an option.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Well this will make my next order easier on me. 2A can go have lunch with Frosh and I'll spend with Joe Bob. He helped out with BCG's on more than one occasion and has had the most outstanding shipping department Ive run across in all my 20 years of retail...

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Well this will make my next order easier on me. 2A can go have lunch with Frosh and I'll spend with Joe Bob. He helped out with BCG's on more than one occasion and has had the most outstanding shipping department Ive run across in all my 20 years of retail...

Exactly!!!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I never used 2A when I lived in MD so I have nothing negative or positive to say about them. However, I have ordered many times from JoeBob. All I can say is his customer service is outstanding and I will continue to use him and recommend him to everyone I know.
    2A fanboys will still use 2A and JoeBob fanboys will still use JoeBob. I hate to see 2 IPs go at it so I say we let this thread die a quick death.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    When we called for clarification our business was insulted, and they deemed us no longer worthy to do transfers with them since we were not, by their classification: "A Mom & Pop". That's the issue, and that's ********. I wouldn't have said a damn thing, had we not gotten the answer we did.

A customer not following their rules might have instigated things, but it could have been pretty easily solved when we called. Instead we got the middle finger, ear-to-ear. That's pretty stupid, IMO.

If our mutual customers get caught in the cross fire, we wanted to let them know why. It's not our issue, nor was it our decision, nor were we given an option.

You have obviously taken the high road.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.

+1 I'm with you there

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Sounds to me like Joe bobs customers are to blame. And instead of Joe Bob dealing with his customers he bashes 2A because he doesn't like their policy.

?????????

JBO's customer is also a customer of 2A Sales! Who ever advised JBO to transfer to 2A Sales is probably a previous customer of 2A Sales. It is the customers responsibility to notify the FFL that they (the customer) is shipping something to the FFL.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    This has been going on for a while. Because a dealer can't come close to a Internet price, they either refuse it or charge a stupid amount to do the transfer. I don't do transfers with those places because of those kinds of polices. If they have a old rifle in there at a good amount I might buy it, but my transfers go to a friends shop and I'll happily drive the hour there to do business with a person who doesn't try to gouge you on a transfer.

For any IP's reading this.. You might think that doing the transfer for someone is gonna hurt your business cause it's something you could have sold them and made the 50.00 on. While that's partly true.. It will hurt your business alot more if you are butt raping ppl on transfers. I usually buy stuff thats older, you dont have...So Sure I might have something shipped to you but I might also buy something you have while I'm there. If you charge a crazy amount, I just never go to your store. You loose every time.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

I agree 110% , it's ******** and they are not the only shop tht acts tht way

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Almost every FFL I have done business with has given me a copy of their FFL for spur of the moment purchases. All they ever ask is to be informed of any incoming items. They have never had a problem receiving an announced item for me.

Unfortunately in the current climate, FFL's safes are FULL of firearms awaiting the "Not Disapproved" and storage room is at a premium. I am guessing this is 2As issue, but as I have never used or visited 2A, I am only guessing.

Also Joebob is one of my favorite retailers and I would never consider them an "Internet Clearing House".:sad20::sad20:

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

The customer was at fault, apparently, but the customer isn't refusing to do business with Joe Bob. 2A is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom