• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    at Cabelas today a lot of 22lr , Blazer 500 count 27.99 limit 1 . I had enough people to get 5 boxes but settled on 2 , not to be considered a hoarder :D

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Sad it is still going on.

What's sad is someone with this in their byline:

"NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor"

being one of the most prolific scalpers on the board. Says a good deal for what he thinks of supporting those he teaches.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I never would have dreamed that this thread would still be relevant over a year after I started it. Sad.

Agree. Seems like ammo in general is getting more available except for .22 LR. Not going to get into "hoarders and scalpers" but sooner or later the market will sort things out and return to some semblance of normalcy that reflects the record number of guns sold in the country over the last few years.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Agree. Seems like ammo in general is getting more available except for .22 LR. Not going to get into "hoarders and scalpers" but sooner or later the market will sort things out and return to some semblance of normalcy that reflects the record number of guns sold in the country over the last few years.

Sadly, it appears it will be later rather than sooner. I just hope that I have and can find enough to get me through this year.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Sad it is still going on.

What's sad is someone with this in their byline:

"NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor"

being one of the most prolific scalpers on the board. Says a good deal for what he thinks of supporting those he teaches.

SAd as some of us NRA instructors have had to cancel or cut back classes and other events (Women On Target) comes to mind as we do not have enough .22.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Let me know if you need some for a class. I may be able to help.

I think we will be okay. I know that MSRPA had to cancel their 3P match this year due to a shortage of .22 ammo.

We were lucky enough to have some reserve from last year and donations by some of our coaches/past students for the Women On Target events.

I am hoping it will soon pass but when I see prices of $14.00 per 100 for Remington Subsonics and $150.00 per 500 of Federal HV Match, I have to wonder.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That is sad...very sad. I know for certain the individual I was referring to watches this thread. He has posted in this thread. But none of those types care because others not shooting or learning to shoot doesn't benefit them.

The other sad part is moderators condone the practice by allowing the posts to stay up.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That is sad...very sad. I know for certain the individual I was referring to watches this thread. He has posted in this thread. But none of those types care because others not shooting or learning to shoot doesn't benefit them.

The other sad part is moderators condone the practice by allowing the posts to stay up.

It may be messed up, but its equally as messed up to try to suppress someone's attempt to make a buck.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

I am not so sure that the moderators have condoned anything by not deleting posts that aren't to your fancy or anyone else s. Are you sure you would want the moderators policing this type of thing? Seems like a path best left alone.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Bleeding pocketbooks by collectively cornering a market and killing a sport goes beyond making a buck. That type of mentality belongs in the oil, utility or federal affordable health care industry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom