• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    the Pa-63 is the only handgun I own that I dread shooting.

Which sucks because it's nearly as accurate as the P64, but yeah, it just seems to channel all the energy right into your web, and god help you if there's any rought metal there

I hear you. It has that funky beaver tail built into the frame, and that just hammers into my hand while I shoot. It's a cool gun, though, and mine is a good shooter as well. I also got one in .32 ACP

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    the Pa-63 is the only handgun I own that I dread shooting.

Which sucks because it's nearly as accurate as the P64, but yeah, it just seems to channel all the energy right into your web, and god help you if there's any rought metal there
    I was wearing leather gloves, and it still hurt.

Maswell

Nov 19, 2014
    That's why it's my primary (lazy) carry.

It's small, accurate as hell, and packs a wallop

Did I mention utterly reliable?

I love it so damned much, and will conitnue to carry the shit out of it.

Update:
    polished the recess and detent notch where the safety rides and secures, and now it's so smooth as to be incredible.

Still probably carry it safety off, but good to know if I want to I can carry safety on with no problem.

If you do this yourself make sure to polish the actual RECESS where the detent holds the safety in the safe position, when you're done put some teflon lubricant grease on it and it's butter smooth and so easy to thumb off as to be incredible.

I wouldn't suggest carrying the p64 safety off. The only time the firing pin is blocked is with the safety on. There's a couple stories of accidental discharge from them being dropped (on the hammer) and one guy that shot himself in the leg when the hammer got caught in his shorts and snapped back enough to light off the round. I'd suggest carrying round in the chamber safety on and practice disengaging. It's one of the downsides to carrying an older warhorse pistol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As chance has it, I also did a range test with the PPK/S.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=168931

Ironically, although a German made PPK has always been one of those guns on the "list", your thread has me checking out the Radom P-64 at the AIM website (both the $259 excellent condition ones and the $219 good shape shooters). Might get one to play with a fixed barrel designed pistol; slide bite be damned. Lol.

Links (Grade 2s are harder to find on the AIM website):
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ish+Radom+P-64+9x18+Pistol+Grade+2&search=p64
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3P64

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Ironically, although a German made PPK has always been one of those guns on the "list", your thread has me checking out the Radom P-64 at the AIM website (both the $259 excellent condition ones and the $219 good shape shooters). Might get one to play with a fixed barrel designed pistol; slide bite be damned. Lol.

Links (Grade 2s are harder to find on the AIM website):
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ish+Radom+P-64+9x18+Pistol+Grade+2&search=p64
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3P64

I got mine here $199.95 + shipping etc. They also have "VG" @ $229.95
    http://www.jgsales.com/polish-p64-s...er,-blued,-good-condition,-used.-p-62500.html

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got mine here $199.95 + shipping etc. They also have "VG" @ $229.95
    http://www.jgsales.com/polish-p64-s...er,-blued,-good-condition,-used.-p-62500.html

Shoot, I was impatient and already ordered from AIM. The melted slide look on the P-64 combined with the desire to get a fixed barrel centerfire pistol was too much. Would have saved money at J&G (and have gotten firearms from them before - they were very quick to ship - although the shipment charge might have been higher). I am going to order some of their spare mags at $20/each. Appreciate the link. :thumbsup:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Shoot, I was impatient and already ordered from AIM. The melted slide look on the P-64 combined with the desire to get a fixed barrel centerfire pistol was too much. Would have saved money at J&G (and have gotten firearms from them before - they were very quick to ship - although the shipment charge might have been higher). I am going to order some of their spare mags at $20/each. Appreciate the link. :thumbsup:
    I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the AIM gun. That's where I got mine, and mine is excellent. :):thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I paid $10 extra for a litter pick. Where else can you find an all metal gun with this level of engineering in the condition this batch is in for the price that AIM and J&G are offering? It's a great concealed carry size, has a more potent round than a 380 (in fact, prices seem to better for 9x18mm also), and runs reliably according to many reports out there. After one ammo finicky 380 (a Sig P238), I'm loathe to get another right away.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I was really pleased with the condition of mine from J&G. Just a couple places where the holster had worn the finish. Touched up very nicely with some cold blue.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was really pleased with the condition of mine from J&G. Just a couple places where the holster had worn the finish. Touched up very nicely with some cold blue.

Cool. :thumbsup:

I'll add pics to this thread when I get mine as well (if Bafflingbs doesn't mind).

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I paid $10 extra for a litter pick. Where else can you find an all metal gun with this level of engineering in the condition this batch is in for the price that AIM and J&G are offering? It's a great concealed carry size, has a more potent round than a 380 (in fact, prices seem to better for 9x18mm also), and runs reliably according to many reports out there. After one ammo finicky 380 (a Sig P238), I'm loathe to get another right away.

You won't regret it.

But....Now that you have one gun in 9x18 you absolutely MUST get the best (IMO) 9x18 out there, the CZ 82

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    You won't regret it.

But....Now that you have one gun in 9x18 you absolutely MUST get the best (IMO) 9x18 out there, the CZ 82

That's what I did, was lucky enough to get one from another MDS member through the classifieds just a few weeks after I got the P64. Between the weather and my schedule haven't been able to shoot it yet but it's a really nice pistol.

brentb636

Nov 16, 2013
    Holland, Mi
    I've never had problems shooting either my PA-63's or my SMC-918 , after putting in stiffer recoil springs, but I find the P64 to be painful. Different strokes, I guess. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom