• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    21 rounds @21 ft. with a Walther PPK/S

I finally picked my PPK/S up from the FFL, last night. So, I took it to the range today, with the purpose of breaking it in. I was really hoping that all the bad press about the gun was just haters. I've heard how unreliable the PPK is, and hoped I had a good one. Weeeeeelllll. There's good and bad. The good; Yes, it is a hell of an accurate pistola. The round goes where you point it. The bad; it had multiple failures to feed. It seems to get caught up at the throat somehow. And after 300 rounds, it was still doing it, just not as bad. It also did it with the ball ammo and not the hollow points. It really liked the Precision One stuff. Not one feed problem in all 50 rounds of that. So, I guess thats a plus. I would definitely NOT trust my life to this firearm, as it is today. I also remember Chad saying that it was garbage, and the are much better options out there. I partly agree with you Lord Chad :bowdown:. There are more reliable options out there. For instance; my LCP. I've never had a FTF/FTE with that handy little pocket slayer. I WOULD and DO trust my life with that. But, with that said. It is NOT junk! It is extremely accurate, and, very well made. It is also one of the sexiest handguns ever made. (IMHO)
    Any hoot, here's a few pictures of the adventure.
    The first is 21 rounds at 21 ft. The targets are 8"
    IMG_0002.jpg
    The second is 50 rounds at 21 ft.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Blowback design may work for sub guns but it sucks in small pistols.

We have a PPK and I would not trust my life with it either......so I bought another Glock ;)

Tighten up that wrist Nancy and it'll shoot better :)

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    My home away from home, Myrtle Grove in LaPlata.

Nice thing is, when it snows - you have the range to yourself since everyone with a bit of sanity packs up and leaves. :D
    Yes sir! I had the range to myself too. I thought you might be working today. Otherwise I would've called.
    I meant to shoot the 586 to test the spring job I did on that. But, I forgot the ammo for it.:tdown:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Honestly, I was just trying to break the darn thing in. It doesn't like ball ammo. Go figure?

Not sure why not? Maybe some Nancy hands going on? :)

Gotta say at 7, I am surprised you drilled a big hole like that with a .380. I guess I am too lazy to concentrate that hard on making holes. But the 25 is great. I expect all your shooting to start at 25 and bring it back to 10 yards and stay there. 7 yard shooting is a waste of ammo for you. never shoot at 7 again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom