• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Have you noticed the increasing number of legiscreatures that run unopposed over the years?

Partly that the current electorate really likes the incumbents / anointed candidates . Partly the districting is designed to give safe seats to one party , and challengers have little hope of getting within 20 points .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Have you noticed the increasing number of legiscreatures that run unopposed over the years?
    And until the Republican Party starts running candidates against the incumbent in every district to at least make them spend their own money, so they can't transfer it to another campaign fund for someone in a tight fight, then they will continue to win.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Partly that the current electorate really likes the incumbents / anointed candidates . Partly the districting is designed to give safe seats to one party , and challengers have little hope of getting within 20 points .
    The Republicans still need to challenge them and make them spend money. Most incumbents that run unopposed transfer funds from their campign funds to other incumbents in tight races, or even new Democrats running, to help them win.

They need to be forced to spend their money so they can't transfer it. Will they still win? Yep, but that fight then ties up their funding so they can't transfer it to someone else that very well may lose.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    MGA season is bad for my health and heart

Fvck those commie azz clowns

I try to be really involved but they are so dead set against actual public safety and the constitution that if i allow myself to get as involved as I want to be I believe I could very easily have a damn heart attack or stroke

The MGA is full of anti constitutional commies who hate legal gun owners and who want you unarmed and subservient and dependent on the government for your survival

Fvck them
    Love your posts. Direct a to the point and true

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    That's unique
    Indeed. No self reporting or retraining required for non-permit holders;

"Requiring a person who holds a handgun permit and accidentally discharges a firearm to register within 90 days for a certain firearms safety training course and complete the course within 6 months of the incident; requiring the Secretary of State Police to revoke a handgun permit of a certain person who fails to successfully complete a certain firearms safety training course; requiring the Secretary to provide certain written notice to a person whose handgun permit is revoked; etc."

:crazy:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

"Requiring a person who holds a handgun permit and accidentally discharges a firearm to register within 90 days for a certain firearms safety training course and complete the course within 6 months of the incident; requiring the Secretary of State Police to revoke a handgun permit of a certain person who fails to successfully complete a certain firearms safety training course; requiring the Secretary to provide certain written notice to a person whose handgun permit is revoked; etc."

:crazy:
    They'll make the argument that drivers are often sent to drivers education after accidents. They'll ignore driving is a privilege while carry is a right as usual.

And until the Republican Party starts running candidates against the incumbent in every district to at least make them spend their own money, so they can't transfer it to another campaign fund for someone in a tight fight, then they will continue to win.
    Have you looked at the makeup of the Republican party in the People's Republic of Maryland? Many of the so-called Republicans are nothing more than centrist Democrats who live in more conservative parts of the state and could not win if they ran as a Democrat. There are few true conservative Republicans in the Maryland General Assembly.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

"Requiring a person who holds a handgun permit and accidentally discharges a firearm …

Apparently, AD’s by non-Permit holders are not as dangerous and no hunter was ever injured or died from an AD. :sarcasm:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Here is one bill related to permits:
    SB0324 - Handgun Permits - Accidental Discharge and Training Requirements

I can't recall the guru's name who provides "evidence" to the MGA that guns are bad, but our "representatives" must have used his "statistical analysis" to come up with this piece of crap. There must have been a crap load of permit holders who have suffered AD's.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    FYI - Just got an email from the Republicans, with some firearm-related bills to push for:
    • SB 28: Violent Firearms Offenders Act has passed the Senate previously with bipartisan support and increases penalties for violent offenders and also closes the "drug dealer loophole."
    • SB 39: Gun Theft Felony Act makes the theft of a gun a felony, and not a misdemeanor and would be an important tool in getting illegal guns off our streets
    • SB 44: Safe Communities Act aims to ensure that violent offenders actually serve the duration of their sentence, and does not allow repeat, violent offenders to receive bail. It removes "good time credits" for 1st and 2nd degree murder and also caps those credits for other crimes of violence.
    • SB 52: Juvenile Justice Restoration Act seeks to right the recent wrongs of new juvenile justice laws that have made it nearly impossible to ensure that there are appropriate consequences for young offenders.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Have you looked at the makeup of the Republican party in the People's Republic of Maryland? Many of the so-called Republicans are nothing more than centrist Democrats who live in more conservative parts of the state and could not win if they ran as a Democrat. There are few true conservative Republicans in the Maryland General Assembly.
    Oh, I am very aware my friend.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I can't recall the guru's name who provides "evidence" to the MGA that guns are bad, but our "representatives" must have used his "statistical analysis" to come up with this piece of crap. There must have been a crap load of permit holders who have suffered AD's.
    Daniel Webster, the best that Bloomburg can buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom