• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    THIS THIS THIS. For the love of all that is good don't give them any reason to think that we are somehow less intelligent then they are. Use that spell checker and when you've finished writing read aloud what you have put down.

Better yet...have someone ELSE read what you have put down.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    what load are we to hold up and 2 or 3 more years before anything pro 2a is to show outwardly? what happened to as soon as he got in office? like I have said before I don't expect instant relief from our yokes but 2 or 3 more years?
    You need to understand that some people on here are better Republicans than they are gun owners, and will say any damn thing to get their guy elected. Hogan won't exercise the veto against us (probably). No one's really hoping for much more. Ehrlich part II.

Mr H

Banana'd
    what load are we to hold up and 2 or 3 more years before anything pro 2a is to show outwardly? what happened to as soon as he got in office? like I have said before I don't expect instant relief from our yokes but 2 or 3 more years?

I'm not beating this for the 95th time.

If you don't understand the long term project this is, and that it starts with little victories from both ends, then I offer you to get more directly involved with MSI, or another local or national .org to effect the change that is needed.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm not usually one to argue, but I'm curious what "small victories" Maryland gun owners have won?

-civil immunity
    -the original woolard decision
    -omega locks vs internal locks
    -the original sb281 vs what passed
    -we dont have a scarlet "gun owner" on our driver's licenses
    -msp stopped putting pii online
    -7th day release vs 180th day
    -ak's and ar's as sbr's on the handgun roster
    -lowers for pistols and hbars

these are all small victories

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Also don't forget that we helped quell every anti-gun bill that was introduced last year.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If it is petitioned out of committee in the house and passed to the senate wouldn't the senate judiciary still be able to desk drawer it?

Yes, you've always got to get it through committees on both sides. The only way around is to get the hearings moved to a different committee, i.e. get it moved to Health or Revenue instead of Judicial Proceedings. I believe bills can be introduced directly to the floor but it's an almost impossible thing to do. However, IIRC this is how Spendenning got some of his gun control schemes through when he couldn't get the votes in a judicial committee.

The Speaker or Senate President still have to approve any move of a bill into any committee in their side of the Assembly. I doubt they will. That's how Michael Busch was able to effectively block Ehrlich from getting slots for all those years (at the expense of the citizens) when the state needed money (until O"Malley got in and gambling suddenly went from being the Most Horrible Thing Republicans Could Do To The Poor to the greatest thing since sliced bread)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm not usually one to argue, but I'm curious what "small victories" Maryland gun owners have won?

Ok, seriously. Take a look at NYC and NJ gun laws. Or D.C. If O'Malley and Brown had their way, we'd be that bad. I realize you are looking for actual rollbacks, but a freighter does not turn on a dime.

This year there is a humongous budget hole. Do you doubt that under Brown, they would be upping fees, taxing ammo, and so on? We will probably be lucky if these bills get out or committee, and even then only the ones with favorable budget implications.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm not beating this for the 95th time.

If you don't understand the long term project this is, and that it starts with little victories from both ends, then I offer you to get more directly involved with MSI, or another local or national .org to effect the change that is needed.

my apologies for my ignorance. I will not ask any more questions.

Mr H

Banana'd
    my apologies for my ignorance. I will not ask any more questions.

That's not the point, and we all know it.

This is a conversation that has been ongoing for 3 and 4 years, and it all comes down to people becoming directly involved, and not just relying on the .orgs to do the all the heavy lifting.

The more the individuals in this state get into the sausage factory, the greater the chances of beating this thing back. It's why we will always need letters, phone calls, emails... and most importantly warm bodies in Analpolis.

If I came off brusque, I apologize. It's a tedious topic that we should all be aware of by now... and it was a pretty fkt day.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That's not the point, and we all know it.

This is a conversation that has been ongoing for 3 and 4 years, and it all comes down to people becoming directly involved, and not just relying on the .orgs to do the all the heavy lifting.

The more the individuals in this state get into the sausage factory, the greater the chances of beating this thing back. It's why we will always need letters, phone calls, emails... and most importantly warm bodies in Analpolis.

If I came off brusque, I apologize. It's a tedious topic that we should all be aware of by now... and it was a pretty fkt day.

my point is that there are a lot of us who are very directly involved and have dealt with their reps plenty that are waiting on Hogan to fulfill his promises to the 2a community. he has already missed his own timeframe he set. maybe us dummies misunderstood.but now we in the sausage factory hear well lets wait a while, then 3 or 4 years then next term. well that seems to make the govs word kinda sketchy at the least. maybe what I said here is brusque but I am just a country boy who doesn't know what such words mean.

sorry if I seem grouchy but ...well I am grouchy.:o

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    -civil immunity

Small victories are okay, for a while. When is enough enough? I've subscribed to every pro gun org, I've written my legislators, I've been to open holster rallies, and I vote. We're not "as bad as New York" is not aacceptable to me. As far as beating dead horses, I'll beat em into paste and then start jumping up and down on the stain.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    SB0136 was just introduced. It looks like a repeat of the diminution credits bill from last year. Sponsored by our good friend Senator Brochin.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    -civil immunity

Are you serious? They wanted to mark your driver's license in red?, did they want to mark it in yellow for 1st Admendment exercisers? WTH..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was under the impression that the discussion centered around a flag on the permit if you were prohibited.

My memory could be failing me however.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Crow Bait tipped this one off for us in regards to Baltimore County Sunday Hunting
    HB0018
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=hb0018&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2015RS

Repealing a specified restriction on Sunday deer hunting in Baltimore County; and authorizing the Department of Natural Resources to allow a person in Baltimore County to hunt any game bird or game mammal, except migratory game birds and wetland game birds, on a Sunday during the open season for that game bird or game mammal on private land.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Busy morning.
    3 more bills have been submitted:

SB0136 - Courtesy of Turncoa.. I mean Brochin.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0136&stab=01&ys=2015RS
    Prohibiting the earning of diminution credits to reduce the term of confinement of an inmate committed to the custody of the Commissioner of Correction or sentenced to a term of imprisonment in a local correctional facility who is serving a sentence for the use of specified firearms in the commission of specified crimes; prohibiting a court from suspending any part of a mandatory minimum sentence of five years; and applying the Act prospectively.

HB0188
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0188&stab=01&ys=2015RS

Establishing that a handgun permit issued to a retired law enforcement officer of the State or a county or municipal corporation of the State expires on the last day of the holder's birth month following 5 years after the date the permit is issued and may be renewed for successive periods of 5 years, under specified circumstances; and providing that an officer who applies for a permit renewal is not required to be fingerprinted except under specified circumstances.

HB0189
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb0189&stab=01&ys=2015RS

Authorizing the Secretary of State Police to accept a background investigation performed on behalf of an armored car company in place of a criminal history records check performed by the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services under specified circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom