• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Funny you say that-the president of my company once told me I was "wasting" my time collecting guns and ammo for a SHTF situation because I can't eat steel or lead. He told me he was getting his pantry and other supplies in order so his family would survive any situation. He lost his smugness when I told him, "No problem-now that I know where a good stash is, my family with our "guns" will come over and take all of his food.... I told him we'd be nice enough not to destroy his house or hurt his family but couldn't guarantee other families or "groups" would extend the same courtesy.
    He is now the proud owner of an Remington 870 and Glock 22:D

Bliss Ninny Meets Immovable Object (aka Reality) and the synapses start firing.....I'm glad to hear he bought a couple of guns!

I think I'll go surf over at WR for a little Tin Foil/Gloom and Doom entertainment for a little while.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    His posts (ferfal) rearranged my SHTF thinking.....

I don't expect thermoenuclear/biohazard/zombie attack....I think East L.A. or mexico city on steriods...

For my shtf....

What SD can I take to work?

How can I minimize my reliance on things outside my control while functioning in an ultra violent police state?

How can I minimize my targetability? Working on superfund sites I am not alway's in the best part of town...Urban areas? 95 corolla, rural areas? 2000 tacoma....never stand out...

I always have a .30-30 LA when I'm out of town, effective and non threatening to LEO's...If ever a Katrina hits DC and I am out of town I will get home to my family....i always have 2 days of supplies and basic tools in my rig...

This year I'm adding reloading to my skills. Pistol for production. Rifle for accuracy. I'll be starting a thread in the spring asking for help picking a setup.

I think a lot about life in those third world countries and realize we are growing closer to them rather than the other way around....

Better to be prepared than not....

Dave

p.s. what's WR?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    WR is WarRifles.com, bunch of tinfoil hat stuff over there as well as some good stuff on rifles. I mostly go there for the M1A stuff, it is getting to be a bit much as far as the tinfoil hat crap goes and I don't think I will be a site supporter there next year. There has been a ton of drama lately and a few of the Maryland folks that I have PM'd about here are starting to join us.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I was following War rifles for a while when they first started the M1a group buys and found their prices higher than locally in Maryland. Having learned that guns are never competitively priced in Maryland turned me off to them right away. Lotsa knowledgeable guys though...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My guess is common courtesy will be the first thing to disappear

In that case, we are already knee deep in it, based on the way people treat one another in this area.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sure seems like its gone already....

Agreed. I no longer expect courtesy, I'd settle for civility. I'm so surprised by children being courteous now days that if one is courteous to me in say a store, I'll seek out the parent and complement them.

I run into (literally) grown men at work who have no idea of the existence of, or the meaning of, the words "excuse me" if you happen to be in their way. They will either impatiently walk on your heels or try to to wordlessly push by you (usually rewarded by a random elbow and "Oh, excuse me").

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    We humans could use a lesson in common courtesy from the Corinians. Here's a little song about it...

Yep. I'll bet they even said "Pardon the anal-probe" when he was aboard the mothership.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah- speaking of anal probes, maybe all of this culminated from his trip to Man Francisco recently........

That would explain where this guy's other hand is and why "Jason" has a grin on his face.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    alien522y.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member