Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :sad20: They just don't learn.

Who heads these guys up anyway?
    CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

Murple

Mar 25, 2009
    Severna Park
    I was planning to order a bunch of Brown Bear from AIM, but I think I'm going to get it from J&G now, even though it'll cost me an extra $27.

Beats throwing another $35 at NRA & hoping for the best.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    And the #1 answer is...

The BATF wants to eliminate any competition to their OWN illegal gun-running operations.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    And the #1 answer is...

The BATF wants to eliminate any competition to their OWN illegal gun-running operations.

(1) Guns down south, Drugs up north. Perhaps the BATF has taken over the CIA drug network.....right Maxine Waters?

(2) So let me get this straight. Help me out fellas:

--I own a store that sell guns in the town of Hilt, California, which is about 20 miles from the Oregon border, but roughly 790 miles from Tijuana. But since California is a border state the jack-booted thugs of the BATF want me to report the sales.

Now here's the kicker

--But if my gun store is in Laughlin, NV, which is only 230 miles due north of the toilet (Mejico), and taking into account that Nevada is not a border state....I'm exempt.

Who the fvck is the idiot at the BATF who came up with this latest scam?

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    (1) Guns down south, Drugs up north. Perhaps the BATF has taken over the CIA drug network.....right Maxine Waters?

(2) So let me get this straight. Help me out fellas:

--I own a store that sell guns in the town of Hilt, California, which is about 20 miles from the Oregon border, but roughly 790 miles from Tijuana. But since California is a border state the jack-booted thugs of the BATF want me to report the sales.

Now here's the kicker

--But if my gun store is in Laughlin, NV, which is only 230 miles due north of the toilet (Mejico), and taking into account that Nevada is not a border state....I'm exempt.

Who the fvck is the idiot at the BATF who came up with this latest scam?

BarackObama_Nov4_08_WaveAfterSpchChic.jpg

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    I just wish the dang thing would show up on PACER! I'd really like to read the complaint... Mark, I'm sure would like to add it to the ever growing list of 2A cases, as would I.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    So I got curious, went back to PACER ... No Joy. Then went to the NRA-ILA site and found ....

It turns out that there is a good reason this lawsuit hasn't been listed yet at the DC Federal District Court.

This NRA-ILA alert, says the the NRA funded lawsuit was filed just today, Aug. 3rd.

That news item then lists a news story about the suit from the N.Y. Times, also published today.

From the Times story:

While the suit is being paid for by the N.R.A., it is being brought in the name of the two Arizona dealers, J&G Sales of Prescott and Foothills Firearms of Yuma. The complaint said that about 8,479 licensed dealers were in the four states affected by the rule.

The Times story does give a very brief (and misleading) nod to Fast and Furious.

So either the NRA mislead J&G Sales as to when the suit was (going to be) filed, or J&G misunderstood the NRA.

Either way, the case should be available within a day, certainly by Friday. Assuming the case was actually filed. sigh.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Persistence pays off. Here's what I just posted over at TFL (more or less):

J&G SALES, LTD. et al v. MELSON: Filed 08/03/11 in D.C. Federal District Court. Case #1:11-cv-01402-BAH. Stephan Halbrook (NRA), attorney for the plaintiffs. Suit seeks injunction and declaratory relief from the attempt by the BATF to require FFL's in the 4 border States to notify the BATF of multiple semi-automatic rifle sales, as being beyond the statutory authority granted by the Congress.

Complaint: http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.dcd.149463/gov.uscourts.dcd.149463.1.0.pdf

Internet Archive
    Justia Summary

NATIONAL SHOOTING SPORTS FOUNDATION, INC. v. MELSON: Filed 08/03/11 in D.C. Federal District Court. Case #1:11-cv-01401-RMC. Vincent E. Verrocchio, attorney for plaintiffs. Suit seeks injunction and declaratory relief from the attempt by the BATF to require FFL's in the 4 border States to notify the BATF of multiple semi-automatic rifle sales, as being beyond the statutory authority granted by the Congress.

Complaint: http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.dcd.149464/gov.uscourts.dcd.149464.1.0.pdf

Internet Archive
    Justia Summary <-- this may not be an active link at Justia, yet. but it will be shortly.

This is not going to go away, quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom