• ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    That fat guy on the left sure is pale. :lol2:

Not after today, try beet red!

The Official sign-in count was 54. Some of those were couples (both wearing by the way) and I'm sure we missed some. I met two at the Irish bar, actively pushing brochures, that had not signed (They became 53 and 54). I hope we picked up some new folks and they join the forums. My best guess would be in the 70's for people who participated wearing empty holsters.

Thanks again for all their help. Being a grass roots effort, we rely on word of mouth to get the word out. If 10 people tell 10 people, and those 10 people tell 10 people, etc. etc. we can have the support we need to get changes made in this State. Representative Riley needs our support. We also need to convince other Representatives that they should be supporting our efforts.

Tomorrow we start working the details for the 2nd Open Holster Day.

-Boxcab (I'm heading to the showers)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

The Official sign-in count was 54. Some of those were couples (both wearing by the way) and I'm sure we missed some. I met two at the Irish bar, actively pushing brochures, that had not signed (They became 53 and 54). I hope we picked up some new folks and they join the forums. My best guess would be in the 70's for people who participated wearing empty holsters.

Thanks again for all their help. Being a grass roots effort, we rely on word of mouth to get the word out. If 10 people tell 10 people, and those 10 people tell 10 people, etc. etc. we can have the support we need to get changes made in this State. Representative Riley needs our support. We also need to convince other Representatives that they should be supporting our efforts.

Tomorrow we start working the details for the 2nd Open Holster Day.

-Boxcab (I'm heading to the showers)

:thumbsup::party29:

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    Looke like everyone had a good day.

I got stuck finishing a deck.

I'm in for the next one!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Absolutely. It's a miracle I don't get a tan after a long day at the office, exposed to all that fluorescent lighting.

Boxcab, thanks so much for your work in organizing this protest. This is a grass roots effort, but without consistent efforts, this day surely would not have been successful. :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A bigger turnout next time would be nice, but 54 people signing is petty good. As someone (Norton, I think) mentioned, a table would be good as well. I was glad I could make
    it, it was nice to meet everyone and put faces to some names. Looking forward to the next event.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    It's a great day when my wife goes into so many shops and limits her purchases to one item! None of the shop keepers commented on my attire or the message it conveyed.

During our walk up and down West Street, we overheard several groups talking about the empty holster folks. One, in particular, involved two seasoned men, one explaining in some detail concealed carry and the right to self protection. If I were to sum up the public's reaction, it was neutral. No flags raised, no burning desire to learn more. From the reports of others, some converts were made. That's what it was all about.

Many thanks to Dan for putting this event together. Kudos to all the participants. I hope we'll all be heading to the Inner Harbor before long to repeat the process.

Don and Judy Pollock

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Nice day today. Thanks Boxcab for organizing, and everyone else who attended today. Hopefully we gained some allies. Overall it was a step in the right direction. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I had a great time too. It was good to meet more MD Shooters and it was definitely positive. I look forward to the next one and will do what I can to help with it.

On a side note it took me 5 1/2 hours to get from Annapolis to Ocean City this afternoon. Sucked.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I had a great time too. It was good to meet more MD Shooters and it was definitely positive. I look forward to the next one and will do what I can to help with it.

On a side note it took me 5 1/2 hours to get from Annapolis to Ocean City this afternoon. Sucked.

Yeah we saw the RTE 50 traffic. Sorry it took you so long but now that you're there - :beer:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I feel bad about not showing. My wife is just too sick: I couldn't leave her alone. (She has severe chronic health problems, and is getting worse.)

I was hoping to get a Reuban sandwich down there. Can't get a decent reuban in Eldersburg anymore...

Set a date for the next one, and I hope I'll be able to make it. (I did send in my membership to MSI the other day, with a little extra contribution.)

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I feel bad about not showing. My wife is just too sick: I couldn't leave her alone. (She has severe chronic health problems, and is getting worse.)

I was hoping to get a Reuban sandwich down there. Can't get a decent reuban in Eldersburg anymore...

Set a date for the next one, and I hope I'll be able to make it. (I did send in my membership to MSI the other day, with a little extra contribution.)

Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. We wish both of you all the best.

hjc4604

Aug 1, 2009
    Sykesville
    Open Holster Day attendance

Add 2 more attendees. My wife and I got there about 1:30 (I was up all night and had to get some sleep) and stayed till 5. I wore the holster that came with my SA 1911 and my wife wore the paddle holster I got for my CCW class in Myrtle Beach, SC. (I own property there so I could get a nonresident permit, Takes 4 months) We shopped and ate, walked, went to the Naval Academy but never saw anyone else. Nobody seemed to notice at all. I've got the 20 flyers I printed out for souvenirs though. Also picked up a Marine Corps Flag but couldn't find any decent shirts, just Navy ones, even at the Naval Academy. I did strike up a conversation with an Army vet at Sam's Club on the way home though, gave him some info and my contact info. I'm new at this and hope to get to more events, especially the CCW hearings.

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    No, but Delegate Dan Riley showed up with a big-damned-holster on. Just remember, there's politicians that >say< that they support and there's those that >demonstrate< that they support us. Delegate Riley is the latter.

and he was a history teacher at Magnolia Middle School
    Oh and incase anyone wondered the concert was AWESOME!!! Paul is 67 and was dancing around like he was 20 again

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Got there late, family following farther behind still. Went strolling all around. After the neighborhood parking time ran out, went to Mall, then lunch/ dinner at Fudds . Despite making point to dig out high visability holsters ( if I always wear two full holsters, why change just because empty ? opps make that 3, the permanent belt was on belt, but not recoginazable as a holster) seems like I was invisable. I suppose that is a reaction in itself. The only brocure I handed out was to the people to whom I gave a jump start while cruissing for a parking spot.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Thank You

My apologies for the lateness of the following.

I want to thank everyone that helped with getting The 1st Open Holster Day off the ground and making it happen. :clap::clap::clap::clap:I am terrible with names, so I won’t use them, but I want to thank those that,

Helped create the concept of Open Holster Day

Helped me design and proof the flyers and brochures

Helped me write coherent letters to the public officials

Helped spread the word by posting flyers at gun shops and clubs

Helped spread the word on other forums

Helped by contacting their own Representatives and asking for their participation

Helped by showing up and being seen in Annapolis :patriot:

Helped pass out the literature in Annapolis

Helped by befriending those who joined us from outside MDShooters and MSI

Helped by encouraging myself to continue

Helped in any way that I am forgetting to mention

I also want to thank DD214 and the MDShooters Staff for allowing us this Forum to plan, organize and pull off the event! :party29:

For the 2nd Open Holster Day, I ask all of you mentioned above and everyone else that can contribute in any way, please help us out. A grass roots effort relies on everyone doing a little, so a lot can be accomplished.

Thank you all again,

-Boxcab

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom