• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    This was the first time shooting my P-64 Polish Radom. I have to say, this thing is a tack driver. It very well may be the most accurate pistol, in my arsenal. First of all, you know that I already posted my account of the spring change I did on it. And I have to report, that the trigger is phenomenal now. But I wanted to give a range report, so I shot 50 PPU ball ammo from 21 ft. I had ZERO ftf.'s/fte's. I would most certainly take it into battle, and trust it 100% with my life. But, it is very punishing to shoot. Even with the recoil spring changed, it stings the webbing of your shooting hand. And after shooting 300 break in rounds with my PPK/S, and it only being 38 degrease, I could only do 50 more with the Radom. After 21 rounds, I took a picture, because you can't have the afore mentioned title of a thread, without proof.
    IMG_0004.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nice.
    trigger makes all the difference in the world. Very important IMO next to the shooter himself. Even with a good trigger it takes a good shooter to plant those like that. Nice job. My star B has such a good trigger and with putting some white out on the front sight, most stay in the 10 ring when I'm doing my part

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Mine is the same way. Very accurate and reliable. The Poles did an excellent job on these, and the Radom factory has always been known for quality work, even going back to their Mausers.

It makes me want to scream every time I read some interwebz "expert" call these PPK clones. They were designed ground up by a special commission in Poland which is why they were also called the CZAK pistols over there.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Nice shooting. I did my spring change on my P-64 last night and look forward to taking mine to the range, possibly tomorrow.
    You said the recoil was somewhat punishing. Have you shot the PA-63, and how do they compare? Being that the PA-63 has an aluminum frame, I would think the 64 would be less so.
    Just asking. Because I have the 63 and it can be taxing. Was hoping the 64 would be more comfortable.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I took my recently purchased P64 to the range right before the cold weather set in and was also pleasantly surprised by its accuracy. The closest I could set up a target that day was 25 yards and I figured I'd just bring the P64 to test it out, not really expecting much, but I was pie-plating all my shots at that distance. That's about as good as I can do with any other pistol I own, and it was the first time I shot that little thing. I have to say though, after firing 4 magazines, I was done with it for the day. "Punishing" is no exaggeration. I've installed the Wolff recoil & hammer springs but haven't had a chance to test them out yet.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Nice shooting!

Off the rest at 25 yards, my dad's P64 outshoots a Walther P1, a Nazi PPK, a Walther P99, and a Bulgarian Makarov.

They are good shooting little guns!

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I noticed it has the same construction as a p230 (sig) fixed barrel to the frame wheras the Walter has a barrel with a link. I found my P230 to be extremely accurate. I wonder if that is why.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I noticed it has the same construction as a p230 (sig) fixed barrel to the frame wheras the Walter has a barrel with a link. I found my P230 to be extremely accurate. I wonder if that is why.

Fixed-barrel pistols should, in theory, be more accurate... But it isn't always the case.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    This was the first time shooting my P-64 Polish Radom. I have to say, this thing is a tack driver. It very well may be the most accurate pistol, in my arsenal. First of all, you know that I already posted my account of the spring change I did on it. And I have to report, that the trigger is phenomenal now. But I wanted to give a range report, so I shot 50 PPU ball ammo from 21 ft. I had ZERO ftf.'s/fte's. I would most certainly take it into battle, and trust it 100% with my life. But, it is very punishing to shoot. Even with the recoil spring changed, it stings the webbing of your shooting hand. And after shooting 300 break in rounds with my PPK/S, and it only being 38 degrease, I could only do 50 more with the Radom. After 21 rounds, I took a picture, because you can't have the afore mentioned title of a thread, without proof.
    View attachment 142491

That's why it's my primary (lazy) carry.

It's small, accurate as hell, and packs a wallop

Did I mention utterly reliable?

I love it so damned much, and will conitnue to carry the shit out of it.

Update:
    polished the recess and detent notch where the safety rides and secures, and now it's so smooth as to be incredible.

Still probably carry it safety off, but good to know if I want to I can carry safety on with no problem.

If you do this yourself make sure to polish the actual RECESS where the detent holds the safety in the safe position, when you're done put some teflon lubricant grease on it and it's butter smooth and so easy to thumb off as to be incredible.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Nice shooting. I did my spring change on my P-64 last night and look forward to taking mine to the range, possibly tomorrow.
    You said the recoil was somewhat punishing. Have you shot the PA-63, and how do they compare? Being that the PA-63 has an aluminum frame, I would think the 64 would be less so.
    Just asking. Because I have the 63 and it can be taxing. Was hoping the 64 would be more comfortable.

the Pa-63 is the only handgun I own that I dread shooting.

Which sucks because it's nearly as accurate as the P64, but yeah, it just seems to channel all the energy right into your web, and god help you if there's any rought metal there

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom