• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Oh crap......plus we probably cant count on the recent spat of Ukranian ammo to continue (though i have heard this is just a rebrand/passed through but actually Wolf et al)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It could, but I think the mere mention on forums is more likely to cause a panic run on eastern bloc ammo ... all by itself

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Damn, just when I thought 3000 rounds of steel cased 7.62x39 ought to be enough...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A lot of the combloc ammo was made, and stored, in former Soviet-occupied countries. Many of those countries still manufacture ammo, and/or have caches of ammo left over from the Cold War.

So even if imports from Russia are restricted, I don't think it will affect things too much.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A lot of the combloc ammo was made, and stored, in former Soviet-occupied countries. Many of those countries still manufacture ammo, and/or have caches of ammo left over from the Cold War.

So even if imports from Russia are restricted, I don't think it will affect things too much.

I believe that by itself is correct, but it doesn't stop panic buying, hoarding, rumor mongering ... and speculation on profiteering. :tdown:

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Crap, I remember my friend telling me this and I was think that it was not likely, but it seems something to definitely look out for.

Then again there probably is still some stuff sitting in warehouses right now waiting for approval from the ATF to hit our dealers. Or at least that is some rumor I heard long ago of why we have our stuff come in waves.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Realistically, by the time news like this comes out in a national publication like Examiner to us peons, the trade people have likely been aware of the possibility and probabilities already--they're doing their business thing in anticipation of trouble. It's just a matter of if the peons want to react and be proactive. Something may happen with supplies, nothing may happen with supplies. It's the concept that with this bit of knowledge, some of us peons can make some personal decisions and possibly be ahead of the curve. Knowledge is power, just apply it to your philosophy of ammo accumulation.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I half suspect the retailers are trying to cause an artificial shortage to boost prices back up.

Actually, the retailers would like nothing more than to have more ammo to sell to customers. Believe me, I work with them every day. These shortages benefit no one.

As to the issue of cutting off supplies, it wouldn't surprise me. That's what Bush #1 with Chinese ammo after Tienanmen Square. Not to mention trade in general with Russia is likely to be hugely affected. And lastly is the issue that those plants are likely to be tied up making ammo for Russia itself and its allies if things heat up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom