• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    14 elects three delegates and one senator

top three vote count in delegate race get the position

last year, the #3 spot won by 542 votes so there is room there to get someone in

Current Senator and Delegates in this district are all anti-gun, and all voted for SB-281

This district does have rural areas however (see demographics) so if the independent go with us, there can be a pro-2A candidate elected

Incumbents (all voted for SB-281):

Senator Karen Montgomery - anti-2A no matter what she says publicly. Won 2010 primary by 116 votes after she eeked out the incumbent Rona Kramer (also an anti).

Delegate Anne Kaiser - anti-2A, one of the house whips, and never returns and mail or email correspondence concerning the 2A

Delegate Craig Zucker - anti-2A, does return letters stating party rhetoric

Delegate Eric Leudtke - seems to be the least anti-2A of the bunch, but still will vote the way the party requires. Does return emails and letters and has met with us.

All 4 have filed for re-election. They won the general election by wide margins (8k votes) over the R candidates.

John Evans (D) of Gaithersburg has filed for delegate, and is rumored to be pro-2A. I have reached out to him so far with no response. He is still developing his candidacy.

Last edited:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    here are the voter demographics for these districts:

14 Senate:
    2012 district population over 18 - 94476
    2014 registered voters - 88378
    2014 registered D - 44971
    2014 registered R - 20956
    2014 registered I - 17451

14 House (ELECTS 3):
    2012 district population over 18 - 94476
    2014 registered voters - 88378
    2014 registered D - 44971
    2014 registered R - 20956
    2014 registered I - 17451

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    John Evans announcement letter:

Dear friends and supporters,

I am announcing my candidacy for the Maryland House of Delegates in District 14 for the election year of 2014.

The House of Delegates is the lower house in the Maryland General Assembly which is in charge enacting Maryland’s laws, and proposes amendments to the Maryland Constitution. It is the first stop for a bill in the state legislative process. The Maryland General assembly is comprised of 47 districts represented by 47 Senators and 141 Delegates. The General Assembly meets for 90 days each year to discuss law changes and other matters. District 14 includes Damascus, some of Gaithersburg, Olney, Laytonsville, Brookeville, Sandy Spring, Calverton, and others.

I believe a more open and engaging government is needed in Maryland. We need to get all people interested in what is going on in our state. I can help make this change. Marylanders need to fully understand all the facets and implications of every law put into place. Our government needs to make a solid push for serious public involvement. I want to be part of the impetus for this shift in thinking. The opinion of the people matters in even the smallest actions of legislature. Having a well informed and engaged electorate can make the difference between constructive dialogue and utter chaos.

I think our government is not treating our civil rights with the respect they deserve. It's time someone “stands his ground” to solemnly defend our civil rights. I want to do my part to protect our inalienable rights. I want to be there on the ground floor to say, "No, we cannot violate the people like that”, before a bill ever becomes a law. I want to be the first line of defense and give our community a strong and active voice.

While I am just beginning the hard work to make this a reality, I can't do any of it without your help. It's not me or you, but all of us that make things happen in our government. I can only be as strong as the people who support me. I can do what is necessary to represent our community, and we need to be as loud as possible, together, so that we are heard. I need all of your help to be a projection of that voice. Even if you don't reside in District 14, or even Maryland, I need your help to get the word out, to support the cause, and to be engaged. Please share this wherever you can. Tell everyone you can that you care and you want a serious change.

I will do my best to keep updates flowing and to answer as many questions as possible. Please, do not hesitate to contact me. I know this is the start of something great.

-John Evans

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    14 elects three delegates and one senator

top three vote count in delegate race get the position

last year, the #3 spot won by 542 votes so there is room there to get someone in

Current Senator and Delegates in this district are all anti-gun, and all voted for SB-281

This district does have rural areas however (see demographics) so if the independent go with us, there can be a pro-2A candidate elected

Incumbents (all voted for SB-281):

Senator Karen Montgomery - anti-2A no matter what she says publicly. Won 2010 primary by 116 votes after she eeked out the incumbent Rona Kramer (also an anti).

Delegate Anne Kaiser - anti-2A, one of the house whips, and never returns and mail or email correspondence concerning the 2A

Delegate Craig Zucker - anti-2A, does return letters stating party rhetoric

Delegate Eric Leudtke - seems to be the least anti-2A of the bunch, but still will vote the way the party requires. Does return emails and letters and has met with us.

All 4 have filed for re-election. They won the general election by wide margins (8k votes) over the R candidates.

John Evans (D) of Gaithersburg has filed for delegate, and is rumored to be pro-2A. I have reached out to him so far with no response. He is still developing his candidacy.

Yea, hoping for a R to win D14 is pointless. I have no idea why these republicans continue to try every time...

The three incumbents formed a "slate" this last session, which is probably a ploy to keep people from running against them. You are spot on though, there is a lot of rural folks in D14 who might swing our way. We need top focus on getting these folks to switch parties. The D14 incumbents bank on Briggs Chaney and the Silver Spring to carry them through.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Yea, hoping for a R to win D14 is pointless. I have no idea why these republicans continue to try every time...

The three incumbents formed a "slate" this last session, which is probably a ploy to keep people from running against them. You are spot on though, there is a lot of rural folks in D14 who might swing our way. We need top focus on getting these folks to switch parties. The D14 incumbents bank on Briggs Chaney and the Silver Spring to carry them through.

Don't get it twisted, he is NOT a Republican by any stretch. He is a Democrat that is 2A friendly and at this point would be better than the other delegate choices who we already know are anti-2A right? He is also running as a Democrat, so..? Not my fight as I'm D15, but I thought I'd chime in.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    My son knows John Evans, not well, but enough to know his phosophy somewhat. In reality, I would call him more of a libertarian but John Evans is running as a democrat as no one else has a chance in D14. What he really wants is for govt to follow the law and stop infringing on individual rights and liberties. Sounds OK to me, at least as a DINO.

Dogmeat

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom