• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    I took the inexpensive route and got a Stevens 320 from Dicks. Shoots fine for my HD purposes. Not exactly a collectors dream, but fills my need for a house gun.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I took the inexpensive route and got a Stevens 320 from Dicks. Shoots fine for my HD purposes. Not exactly a collectors dream, but fills my need for a house gun.

My Mom (mother - not the twit!) just got the Stevens and had them change the stock out with an adjustable with pistol grip. If she were in Maryland, the "twit" would call it a "banned" gun - she needed the adjustable stock for short LOP and the pistol grip so she could cycle the pump action easier. Oh - and she's 72 and likes shooting - told her about the proposed MOM (twit) bills and she just muttered "idiots"! :lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Pistol grip 870 with 18" barrel and extended tube.

Cheap and all anyone needs for a HD shotgun.

Trogdor

Nov 13, 2011
    I got a Mossy 500 when I turned 18 and it sat next to my bed until I was 21 and got my first pistol, which is now my choice for when things go bump in the night. The 500 eats everything I have ever shot out of it. I think you would be better served with a pistol but a 18.5 or 20 inch barrel pump isn't the most difficult thing to maneuver around a house.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I like the 18.5" cylinder bore 870, synthetic. I was going to compare the plastic on the 887 to an 870, but forgot the only thing metal on my 870 is the barrel and receiver. :rolleyes:

870 Express finish sucks if you don't pay attention to it.

We don't know the reliability and longevity, but my friend bought an Import Turkey shotgun; Silver Eagle Tactical, for under $400 you have a 4+1 capacity autoloader with some tacticool features. Downside is replacement part availability.... not like a Google search on 870 or Mossberg parts.

The Silver Eagle cycled my 1oz clay reloads, and two various comparable 9 pellet 00 Buck factory loads without changing anything or hiccuping.

Not sure how it will be after +10,000 hulls ran through it in short time, but I don't think the average shotgun owner ever come close to those numbers except clay shooters.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    A Benelli Nova is also a great HD shotgun. Not as many aftermarket parts as a 870, but it is very low maintenance.

GoldenRing

Dec 19, 2012
    When it comes to buying gun's, if you anything like me just grab the first one that you can afford and that is available. Reason being, in a few month's youll be back to buy another. I have my eye on a shotgun that hold's 7 in the tube, but today I picked up an 870 wingmaster that holds 4. There is a nice mossberg on the classifieds right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom