• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states:

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida;

PA already had a signed agreement with FL and now they have signed a new one. PA has been in a running argument with residents of PA carrying in PA with a FL Non-Resident Permit/License. Mainly in Philadelphia is where this has been coming up. But from the new agreement PA will no longer Honor the FL Non-Resident Permit/License. FL no longer puts the Address of their Permit/License holder on the Permit/License so your state issued ID will tell them your state of Residence. You can read the new agreement here:
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states:

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida;

PA already had a signed agreement with FL and now they have signed a new one. PA has been in a running argument with residents of PA carrying in PA with a FL Non-Resident Permit/License. Mainly in Philadelphia is where this has been coming up. But from the new agreement PA will no longer Honor the FL Non-Resident Permit/License. FL no longer puts the Address of their Permit/License holder on the Permit/License so your state issued ID will tell them your state of Residence. You can read the new agreement here:
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf
    Awesome. :mad54:
    Doesn't PA require you have a permit from your own state in order to receive one of theirs? Sounds like Gray Peterson's suit from Denver might be useful, if he ever gets a ruling...

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Does that mean Utah will follow?

Doubt it. Utah requires you to have a PA Permit if you live in PA. They worded there so that if the state you live in doesn't have a reciprocal agreement aka MD then you can get one. If your state does aka PA then you must get one from your home state.

Thanks
    Robert

PS. I wouldn't be surprised if FL makes a similar change.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Interesting, its weird in PA some things they act like a commonwealth others a state.

I own 60+acres (and grew up) in a County in PA and yet the sheriff wont issue a non resident even though he can. I need to walk down the street and have a conversation with him personally next time I visit the folks.

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    The AG website no longer contains the language from the former AG regarding reciprocity of the license regardless of your place of residence.....

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I am still a FL resident. Going to apply for CCW there and get it shipped here. Does anyone know a good place to get a fingerprint card done in MoCo?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There is a dupe thread about this, not sure who will be "official", or if they will merge.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105613

posted in the other thread:

Just got off the phone with the AG office, this is what I was told:

The agreement dated feb 1st closed the "FL loophole", only FL residents had reciprocity with a FL permit, slipped it under the radar.

People were upset that they have unknowingly been criminals for a week, so it was changed, the new letter dated today. PA residents will no longer be able to carry in PA on a FL permit after 120 days from today. They said this should only affect PA residents, not FL or 3rd party states, I told them that is not what the old notice said, and the new notice says nothing about 3rd party stte residents. Pretty much went downhill from there, and I probably made it on a new list. She was elected without much effort, she ran her campaign in Philly, and kept quiet in the rest of the state, she really needs to go.

for those inclined to contact the office, light her up, I know lots of MDers family included that carry on FL permits in PA
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contactus/
    717-787-3391

my letter FWIW:
    I have been advised that your office has modified the Licence to carry reciprocity agreement with Florida. This is an inexcusable affront to the rights of citizens in all states. I carry lawfully in PA with a PA resident permit, numerous family and friends visit PA from surrounding states, and many have the popular FL non-resident permit. If your purpouse was to require PA residents to obtain a PA LTCF permit, then you have far overstepped that goal, and seem to have denied the residents of every other state their right to carry the means for self defense while in Pennsylvania. There are no notable crimes reported, shootings, or accidents that would illustrate any actual problem with the prior reciprocity agreement, making this decision even more puzzling. You have disarmed millions of PA visitors in response to a problem that does not exist. I can assure you Myself, and the gun rights community will be watching your actions closely, and will be energised and mobilized in future elections to ensure those who would disarm citizens are replaced with officials who will support our second ammendment rights.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    There is a dupe thread about this, not sure who will be "official", or if they will merge.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105613

posted in the other thread:

Just got off the phone with the AG office, this is what I was told:

The agreement dated feb 1st closed the "FL loophole", only FL residents had reciprocity with a FL permit, slipped it under the radar.

People were upset that they have unknowingly been criminals for a week, so it was changed, the new letter dated today. PA residents will no longer be able to carry in PA on a FL permit after 120 days from today. They said this should only affect PA residents, not FL or 3rd party states, I told them that is not what the old notice said, and the new notice says nothing about 3rd party stte residents. Pretty much went downhill from there, and I probably made it on a new list. She was elected without much effort, she ran her campaign in Philly, and kept quiet in the rest of the state, she really needs to go.

for those inclined to contact the office, light her up, I know lots of MDers family included that carry on FL permits in PA
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contactus/
    717-787-3391

my letter FWIW:

So if i am understanding what you are saying. i as a MD resident can get a FL CCW and carry in PA but a PA resident now has to apply for a PA CCW permit. What is up with these politicians have they all been slipped the stupid pills.

2ndsupporter

Mar 1, 2012
    The strongest statement made is open carry which is legal by anyone passing thru the state or resident. The state constitution protects this.

Not being able to prosecute an arrest otherwise makes a good case for concealed. When in PA Open carry. It's allowed.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So if i am understanding what you are saying. i as a MD resident can get a FL CCW and carry in PA but a PA resident now has to apply for a PA CCW permit. What is up with these politicians have they all been slipped the stupid pills.

There were 2 AG statements, the first on Feb 1st basically said only FL resident permits would be honored effective immediately, so a PA resident, Md resident, or basically resident of ANY state except FL cannot carry concealed with only a FL permit.

She changed it in a 2nd letter today Feb 8th that primarily delayed it for 120 days.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/Firearm_Reciprocity_Notice_02062013.pdf
    When I called the office they tried to tapdance around it's effect on people from 3rd party states like MD. This is a big deal to me, my brother Smokey0118 carries on a FL permit when he comes up to visit, so unless the AG changes it, our legislature straightens it out, or he gets a VA, UT or most any other permit, he has to open carry.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009

You need to read the agreement. It states that PA will only honor permits issued to "Legal residents of Florida." That would mean all FL permits issued to non residents of FL would be invalid in PA. Not just PA Residents. The AG Signed the agreement to keep PA residents from carrying on a FL non resident but that agreements states FL Non resident permits are not valid in PA. Link Above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom