• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Blame your local elected officials for passing an anti ammo bill that was struck down by the courts because the laws violated MD's state preemption law. Even though the laws were ruled invalid, they are still technically on the books in MoCo and Annapolis.

Not sure if either place would introduce legislation to remove the dead code from their books.

BTW, AIM Surplus is also a very good place to geta mmo.

Annapolis introduced a bill to prevent ammo from being shipped here? Rofl. I mean IMO most if not all gun control is useless and doesn't prevent crime, and only serves to prevent people who aren't inclined to break the law from having guns. That being said, there are some gun control measures that I can see why some uninformed people would THINK would work. But this? Seriously? I can't even understand how the MOST uninformed anti-gun politician could think this would safe a single life.

Oh well.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Annapolis introduced a bill to prevent ammo from being shipped here? Rofl. I mean IMO most if not all gun control is useless and doesn't prevent crime, and only serves to prevent people who aren't inclined to break the law from having guns. That being said, there are some gun control measures that I can see why some uninformed people would THINK would work. But this? Seriously? I can't even understand how the MOST uninformed anti-gun politician could think this would safe a single life.

Oh well.

Someone posted the MoCo law that was struck down. I have never seen what Annapolis wrote. If I remember the MoCo law, it made buying ammo illegal unless you could show your ID to the seller in person.

Find a 2A friendly person in the city government and see if they will introduce a bill to remove the offending code.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Online:
    - Target Sports USA: Good prices and free shipping on cases (not as good a deal for buying in smaller quantities)
    - Cabelas: When they have bulk specials, throw in an ammo box, etc. - but only when they have free or $5 shipping

Used to do more AIM, Midway, and others when they had sales but not so much now due to shipping costs. Also SOG and a few others for milsurp 762.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The Wally World in Mt Airy has an employee who is really good about keeping the ammo shelves stocked and he is almost always at or near the counter. Elsewhere my experience with buying ammo at WalMart involves: 20 minutes of walking around the store trying to "find the manager who has the keys", at least one person who doesn't speak English, a wet floor, a customer service rep who speaks some kind of Glen Burnie/Dundalk dialect that not even the manager understands - hence my second trip the customer service counter to have them "page the manager who has the keys", and finally proving that I'm 21 eight or nine times because the register keeps asking every single time a box of 9mm is scanned. :rolleyes:

In general I try to buy my ammo from small businesses whenever practical and reasonably economical. A few years ago I read a fairly impartial book titled THE WALMART EFFECT. It explains how WalMart has drastically improved the buying power of the lower middle class while at the same destroying small businesses, essentially gutting small towns, severely cheapened the quality of available goods, shipped manufacturing jobs overseas... You get the point... :patriot:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    This site normally covers all the online shops. Pretty comprehensive, but doesn't cover places like Walmart or local gun shops. You could use it for reference plus shipping when comparing to local prices.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom