• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I need a new safe, also would need it delivered to Wesminster area, and moved up 8 steps, to a landing, then 6 more steps. Any suggestions? Any guess on what it would cost to get it delivered?

Thanks,
    Tom

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    We have Fort Knox and Heritage Safes in stock, and we have an in-house moving/delivery company that can deliver ad install. (Licensed and Insured. )

Come by if interested.

geeezer

Feb 8, 2013
    Mike Thompson
    Thompson Safes
    7313 Grove Road
    Frederick, MD 21704
    301-631-1500
    301-471-7407

I purchased a safe from him. He delivered. Good service.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I can vouch for A1's safes & service. I got a great Ft Knox from them & had it delivered to Westminster using their mover for a very reasonable price.

Sprta

Jan 5, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Buy the safe from Walmart Online (they have a number of different safes). They will deliver it to your local store for free or for about 11.00 shipping charge they will deliver it to your home. Give the delivery guy 25.00 and he will move it for you.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Buy the safe from Walmart Online (they have a number of different safes). They will deliver it to your local store for free or for about 11.00 shipping charge they will deliver it to your home. Give the delivery guy 25.00 and he will move it for you.

Seriously? Great way to get somebody hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Seriously? Great way to get somebody hurt.

^^^This^^^

It's one thing to slip the delivery guy $25 to roll the thing into a garage with his pallet jack. But having him try to deal with steps (like he would do that for twenty five bucks) is an accident waiting to happen.

Reminds me of a statement made by one of the instructors in the first safe moving class I took many years ago: "You're not a safe mover 'til you've rode one of these son of a B****es down a flight of stairs!"

I've never done that. But even I've have had my share of minor "mishaps" over the years. (And I know what I'm doing.)

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Mike Thompson
    Thompson Safes
    7313 Grove Road
    Frederick, MD 21704
    301-631-1500
    301-471-7407

I purchased a safe from him. He delivered. Good service.

Bought my first from these guys too but didn't have them deliver. Awesome group of guys. Need to look into another one from them soon.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    http://www.sturdysafe.com/ for the safe
    model-2419

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    From a servicing point of view, I don't know if I like what I think I'm seeing in that picture. (As far as the safe, anyway.) :)

It appears that most of the boltwork is enclosed in pretty much a welded metal box. If there's a boltwork problem one day down the road, how are you supposed to fix it?

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Bobby-

Simple. All you need is grinding wheel, cutting torch, sawzall.....and a welder to put it all back together. Unless I am missing something that I cannot see in the pic, that is a huge design flaw.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Zanotti safes are crazy expensive with a long wait to boot. I'd go to A1 Safes on Bel Air Rd in Fallston. Dave is a good guy and very reasonable. Cont Arms is closer to you and has nice safes but more expensive.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Carolina Safes in Waldorf. Bought my Liberty safe there and they hauled it up to Annapolis, down a flight of steps, 90 degree turn into my basement. Showed up on time, worked quickly. He won't accept payment until the safe is in your house and you're satisfied.

+1 on Carolina Safes. Great people to deal with, great customer service, and professional delivery.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    From a servicing point of view, I don't know if I like what I think I'm seeing in that picture. (As far as the safe, anyway.) :)

It appears that most of the boltwork is enclosed in pretty much a welded metal box. If there's a boltwork problem one day down the road, how are you supposed to fix it?

From their website.

Link

Free of Servicing And Repairs
    Sturdy Safe linkage will never need to be serviced, nor will it break, even with years of abuse. We offer a lifetime warranty to back up this claim. Even in heavy use environments (like sheriff departments), with 20 or more openings a day, our safes have never had a single failure in 30 years. The only thing an owner might want to do after (many years) is oil the deadbolts, if the handle bar gets stiffer over time, or replace an electronic lock after 9-12 years.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Free of Servicing And Repairs
    Sturdy Safe linkage will never need to be serviced, nor will it break,

"Famous last words..."
    :)

If it's mechanical, it can break.

Welds can fatigue. Nuts can loosen up. Clips can break. Maybe they do make them so good that it's not a "common problem". But one day, something will go wrong within that welded up box.

The point I was making was that if it does break, there's no (easy) way to fix it. Building it without some sort of service access, because of over confidence, will eventually bite them in the @$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom