• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Im going to need a bigger safe. Or another one.

Is it worth trading in a safe or are you better off just buying another?
    I have a liberty colonial 30 and was thinking of getting a fatboy which is little more than double the capacity. Not sure which way to go.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Buy the safe from Walmart Online (they have a number of different safes). They will deliver it to your local store for free or for about 11.00 shipping charge they will deliver it to your home. Give the delivery guy 25.00 and he will move it for you.

I drive for a common carrier freight company. Safes are one of the things that we deliver. I can assure you that neither I, nor any of our drivers, will move a safe into your house for $25.

Feb 28, 2013
    Buy the safe from Walmart Online (they have a number of different safes). They will deliver it to your local store for free or for about 11.00 shipping charge they will deliver it to your home. Give the delivery guy 25.00 and he will move it for you.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.:sad20:

I am one of those "delivery guys", as I work for a freight line for which safes are a common commodity. I will repeat that we are a FREIGHT LINE, not safe movers, and 25 bucks will NOT get any safe I deliver to anyone's home taken in the house. We don't and WILL NOT do that.

Be careful when shopping for this type of product on the internet, and try to think it through completely. Whenever I deliver a safe, the first words out of my mouth are "how do YOU intend to get this thing to it's final resting place", because I had one get refused once because some moron thought I was dragging it into the basement.

In the garage is all you're getting out of me, and that is IF the driveway is paved, and the garage is even accessable.

Feb 28, 2013
    I drive for a common carrier freight company. Safes are one of the things that we deliver. I can assure you that neither I, nor any of our drivers, will move a safe into your house for $25.

I took one into someones' garage once for $100.:D

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.:sad20:

I am one of those "delivery guys", as I work for a freight line for which safes are a common commodity. I will repeat that we are a FREIGHT LINE, not safe movers, and 25 bucks will NOT get any safe I deliver to anyone's home taken in the house. We don't and WILL NOT do that.

Be careful when shopping for this type of product on the internet, and try to think it through completely. Whenever I deliver a safe, the first words out of my mouth are "how do YOU intend to get this thing to it's final resting place", because I had one get refused once because some moron thought I was dragging it into the basement.

In the garage is all you're getting out of me, and that is IF the driveway is paved, and the garage is even accessable.

Yup. They are advertised with "curbside delivery" for a reason.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md

I have a liberty colonial 30 and was thinking of getting a fatboy which is little more than double the capacity. Not sure which way to go.

Trade in's don't usually get but about 1/2 of what it's worth used.
    Better off keeping or private sale. But for the right price I would be interested :D

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Keep it and make it your goal to fill up both of them

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I can't comment on longevity, as the one I helped one of our MDS members install is only a few years old now. But if their warranty statements are as true as the rest of their advertising, breakage will be way less of an issue than with any safe from a big box store.
    Not that I'm any kind of expert, but they're the best safes I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom