• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Anyone have experience bump firing from a prone position using a bipod?

I'm trying to see the practicality of employing an AR using a bumpfire stock in the prone position. Is it accurate enough to put down an effective cone of fire when fired prone with a bipod?

I'm also looking into the legality of using the bumpfire stock with a recoil rail. Is that legal?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

I'm trying to see the practicality of employing an AR using a bumpfire stock in the prone position. Is it accurate enough to put down an effective cone of fire when fired prone with a bipod?

I'm also looking into the legality of using the bumpfire stock with a recoil rail. Is that legal?

Recoil rail.

https://arklatextactical.com/recoil-rail.html

May 13, 2005
    A stock Yugo RPK can get rolling pretty good if the bipod has some fore/aft wiggle to it with your support hand pushing forward on the top of the rear stock... Romanian/Polish RPKs are insanely awesome with a bumpski stock or similar set up as well, and not as difficult to get buuuurrrrping. Pretty much what those things were meant to do :) Don't know anything about the recoil rail..

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    There is a huge thread on ARF about bump fire , a few guys built rifles specifically to bump fire, they do it prone just fine

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

IF you had unlimited ammo it would be ok for long term cover fire...but If you are trying to stop a threat...Id just keep sniping them...at some point you eventually will run out of ammo or get overrun...just my 2 cents...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    IF you had unlimited ammo it would be ok for long term cover fire...but If you are trying to stop a threat...Id just keep sniping them...at some point you eventually will run out of ammo or get overrun...just my 2 cents...

I have a couple of Ares MCR15 dual feed rifles with quick change heavy barrels that can be fun with an occasional splurge in dumping ammo at the range.

These are too heavy and still unproven in combat to be considered a serious defensive carbine. The bumpfire stock may just add to the fun. It is strictly a range toy.

The recoil rail used in conjunction with a bumpfire stock may make bumpfiring a bit more accurate and reliable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 371
    Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I also have an mcr15 being set up as a poor mans infantry automatic rifle. It's the mag fed version. I'm going to set it up with a fostech defend-ar bumpfire stock. A recoil rail, versa pod with a foregrip adapter and a 3x scope, beta c drum.

It's my relatively cheaper version of the HK M27 IAR that's civilian legal.

Waiting on parts

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Looks impressive in the video. They do not even hint about any legal issues.

I would think the addition of the spring may cause the atf to take issue with it being used in combination with a bump stock like the original atkins the stored energy in a spring is is causing the trigger to be pulled Foward to fire again not just Foward pressure from the shooters support arm.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I am wondering about the 2 attachment rule with AR's. Their website says PayPal is cool with it lol. SCARCQB how bad is the poi pattern without the rail, just curious ... in the video they had the bipod semi-secured between boards on the table I thought that may make an improvement similar to the rail attachment.
    Looks like it might help?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I am wondering about the 2 attachment rule with AR's. Their website says PayPal is cool with it lol. SCARCQB how bad is the poi pattern without the rail, just curious ... in the video they had the bipod semi-secured between boards on the table I thought that may make an improvement similar to the rail attachment.
    Looks like it might help?

No clue yet.. Still waiting on parts to complete the project. Ill keep you posted.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

:thumbsup:
    I checked out their website and it looks like it would be great with a bump fire stock. Unfortunately, it also says they have a spring in the recoil-rail. :(

I'm afraid, very afraid!!! The ATF seems to be pretty down on any type of high speed firing mod's that have a spring anywhere in the system.

Please prove to me that I'm wrong, because the recoil rail looks like it gives full control back to the shooter. That is to say, the gun doesn't tend to rise up as the high speed shooting takes place.

Seriously, I'd love to see a link showing ATF approval of the recoil-rail used together with the slidefire or bumpfire stock. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I would think the addition of the spring may cause the atf to take issue with it being used in combination with a bump stock like the original atkins the stored energy in a spring is is causing the trigger to be pulled Foward to fire again not just Foward pressure from the shooters support arm.

I don't know how I missed this post. My concern as well...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I predict a major softening in machine gun prices. MG prices are deep into "stupid" territory and Bumpfire is really cool and getting better, and WAY cheaper. If I had any MGs I'd sell them.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    :thumbsup:
    I checked out their website and it looks like it would be great with a bump fire stock. Unfortunately, it also says they have a spring in the recoil-rail. :(

I'm afraid, very afraid!!! The ATF seems to be pretty down on any type of high speed firing mod's that have a spring anywhere in the system.

There are a ton of these things that are sort of on the edge. The MG42 and MG3 tripods have spring loaded cradles. When you add a semi auto MG42... they run quickly with the remote trigger!

So I would not be to worried. Its still only shooting once per trigger pull. Frankly I would love to see if Adkins would stand up to a court room. I bet not and this is a far was from that.

I predict a major softening in machine gun prices. MG prices are deep into "stupid" territory and Bumpfire is really cool and getting better, and WAY cheaper. If I had any MGs I'd sell them.

Haha... well since the AR15 Slide fire stock came out, M16s have gone up 50-75%. So I would guess that stupid money keeps winning! ;)

The slidefire stocks are cool. One of the members here comes out and shoots his Shrike with a bumpfire stock with our MG shoot. Its nice and does get the job done. However, its not a replacement for FA.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Haha... well since the AR15 Slide fire stock came out, M16s have gone up 50-75%. So I would guess that stupid money keeps winning! ;)

The slidefire stocks are cool. One of the members here comes out and shoots his Shrike with a bumpfire stock with our MG shoot. Its nice and does get the job done. However, its not a replacement for FA.

Def not a replacement for FA, but a hell of a good substitute at literally about 1% of the cost of FA.

As the housing bubble has shown, stupid money can win for a quite a long time, but it loses in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom