• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    you are correct on the democrats. as a matter of fact we need everyone to vote republican but the dino movement should be done also.

and i was quoting my old man about the dress code mess from a few months ago. small things like that leave a bad taste in some peoples mouth for a long time. as for harping on it, well it should have never been an issue. it should have never been brought up. as for showing up i do when i can. i write emails and visit my reps more than most i would imagine. everyone needs to do something, thats for sure. most importantly we all need to vote and do so in a manner that helps our cause.

I was fully on your side over the camo dress code fiasco back in February.

Many people do not want to change their stripes, nor should they have to.

People should be welcomed as is.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I was fully on your side over the camo dress code fiasco back in February.

Many people do not want to change their stripes, nor should they have to.

People should be welcomed as is.

you sir are 100% correct on people not wanting to change.

we as a group should strive to get as much support for the cause as possible.

Feb 28, 2013
    There is no "likely" about it. It is fact.

If that's the case then why is it that there are at least 2 subforums on this site dedicated almost exclusively to hunters and sport shooters?

I used to tell my hunting friends about this place. I don't even tell them of its existence anymore.

Then the loss is theirs.

It is much harder to get them involved when they come here and see they are looked down upon.

Has it escaped your attention that the "looked down upon" you speak of works both ways?

When some of you realize that the term "fudd" is as insulting as the "N" word to more than a few people, maybe things can start to change.

if someone is insulted by that then they need to grow thicker skin. If that's all it takes to lose the support of hunters and sportshooters then as far as I'm concerned we never had it to begin with and we never will.

Until then, keep using that 30 round magazine to shoot yourselves in the foot.

Now see?

A remark like this is why we're having this discussion in the first place. This is what spawns the mentality that "fudds", or whatever term you prefer, are not to be trusted.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    it would be a shame if we lost some of the next elections by the 120,000 votes that the hunters in this state represent.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    There is no "likely" about it. It is fact.

I used to tell my hunting friends about this place. I don't even tell them of its existence anymore.

It is much harder to get them involved when they come here and see they are looked down upon.

When some of you realize that the term "fudd" is as insulting as the "N" word to more than a few people, maybe things can start to change.

Until then, keep using that 30 round magazine to shoot yourselves in the foot.

Raineman,

Have you classified your friends as so called Fudds? This is not an anti-Fudd site. Your comment about shooting ourselves in the foot with a 30 round magazine; how many hardworking 2A supporters do you think you offended by that statement?

This is part of the problem, tell your friends and let them decide. If they feel that people should not have so called high capacity magazines, semi-automatic rifles, and mandatory fingerprinting; they should be able to defend their opinions and not resort to name calling and being offensive. This is a community, not a club.

We have some that are knowledgeable, and some we need to take with a grain of salt. There is a great wealth of knowledge here on firearms, hunting, and other things (doctors, lawyers, engineers, computer techs, mechanics, and a host of other occupations). Not telling your friends about this site may be a disservice in my opinion. If they don't like a person's opinion, say so with a knowledgeable conversation. They may learn something they did not know and change their mind. If they don't even look at the site, they may never get a chance to learn anything.

Just my .02

Q

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I suppose the term Fuddy-Duddy is out of line???? :lol2:

That's still appropriate when the wooden stocked and blued steel .30-06, .243, long barrel shotguns, and muzzle loaders don't go bang when the hammer is dropped.

Just kidding. I own more wooden stocks than plastic stocks.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm willing to bet that a vast majority of "Fudds" are way more conservative in their ways than most of the self defense crowd. Most of my hunting buddies lean pretty far to the right, and generally vote that way. So, while Fudds are not showing up in droves to 2nd Amendment rallies, they are voting pro 2nd Amendment because in general their values already lean that way.

FYI - the guy in the video isn't a Fudd, he is a retard. Everything he said made absolutely no sense, and the end of the video regarding gun safety reinforced that. Of course, non-gun owners wouldn't have a clue what gun safety really is, so the man probably seemed brilliant to them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually *fuddy-duddy* would be a huge improvement. That is describing specific attitudes and actions applicable over a wide range of people, rather than a demeaning cartoon-ish sterotype of a whole class of people.

My mind boggles that there is even the catagory of hunter hating "gun advocates" .it must be a sign of the impending End Times.

People who may have discovered guns last week relatively speaking , likewise seem to think to fight for Gun Rights also started last week.

It has been hunters and target shooters who have been in the fight for generations. If it weren't for them your grandparents wouldn't have know what civillian guns were.

And what makes everyone think hunters aren't out there. Few hunters go into the woods, fields , marshes in suits , or even dockers and alligator shirts and popped collars. They wouldn't fit into the surroundings , nor allow you to be effective in your goals. Same thing dealing with politicritters.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    If that's the case then why is it that there are at least 2 subforums on this site dedicated almost exclusively to hunters and sport shooters?

Then the loss is theirs.

Has it escaped your attention that the "looked down upon" you speak of works both ways?

if someone is insulted by that then they need to grow thicker skin. If that's all it takes to lose the support of hunters and sportshooters then as far as I'm concerned we never had it to begin with and we never will.

Now see?

A remark like this is why we're having this discussion in the first place. This is what spawns the mentality that "fudds", or whatever term you prefer, are not to be trusted.

lol - there are other boards that are better for hunting than his board. Instead of two sub-forums they have forums like "Shotguns, Rifles, Muzzleloaders, Bows" like this forum and then "Wing Shooting" "Dogs" "Upland Hunting" "Big Game Hunting" and the list goes on and on. There are entire chatboards dedicated to waterfowling, upland hunting, etc.

When I have a hunting question, I am NOT coming to this board for an answer because the likelihood of finding somebody with the knowledge on here is pretty slim.

Your entire post is the reason there is a problem in the first place. You think hunters are losing something by NOT coming to this board. If you knew anything about hunting, you would know that the discussion on this board about hunting isn't even close to what it is on other boards.

Nope, a lot of the members on this board like to bash anything and everything they can that does not have to do with shooting/self defense. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have NEVER seen a group of people on a chatboard that is so willing to eat its own.

Here is one for you. I've come across plenty of ignorant, uneducated, poor English speaking (and I don't mean immigrants) target shooters and/or self defense oriented gun owners in my life that don't really have a clue what the 2nd Amendment is for and/or how to use a firearm correctly. However, I don't extrapolate those guys to the entire population of target shooters and/or self defense oriented gun owners out there.

I really sit here and wonder how many people talking trash about hunters in this thread actually know enough hunters such that their experience would equate to an adequate sampling that they could then extrapolate to ALL hunters.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It is true that MDS doesn't stand for Maryland Deer Hunters, but I have had some very good conversations with many members about deer hunting on this thread. And that includes a rather childish and amusing sparring match with another MDS member that included a lot picture posting. In the end, it all turned out well and I won't mention that members name here.

The reason your not going to find a whole lot of hunters and hunting information on this forum is because the hunting community in Maryland is very small. What are we, 2-4% of the population? With that kind of lop sided ratio, it stands to reason that your going to bump into way more non-hunters than hunters.

It's just like walking around any given store in Maryland. Chances are your going to be surrounded by more Liberal, bottom feeding, gun haters than fine, upstanding, Conservative, gun lovers.

I agree with you that one thing is brutally clear. Many members on MDS are more than ready and willing to bash the holy hell out of other MDS members for no apparent reason. In some perverse way, it makes them feel good I suppose. And when the person can mouth off and take personal shots at people and can do it in the safety of his home using a computer and a keyboard, it makes it that much easier.

So how about we all stop the bickering and get back to the job at hand. Protecting our right to own and use firearms.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    It is true that MDS doesn't stand for Maryland Deer Hunters, but I have had some very good conversations with many members about deer hunting on this thread. And that includes a rather childish and amusing sparring match with another MDS member that included a lot picture posting. In the end, it all turned out well and I won't mention that members name here.

The reason your not going to find a whole lot of hunters and hunting information on this forum is because the hunting community in Maryland is very small. What are we, 2-4% of the population? With that kind of lop sided ratio, it stands to reason that your going to bump into way more non-hunters than hunters.

It's just like walking around any given store in Maryland. Chances are your going to be surrounded by more Liberal, bottom feeding, gun haters than fine, upstanding, Conservative, gun lovers.

I agree with you that one thing is brutally clear. Many members on MDS are more than ready and willing to bash the holy hell out of other MDS members for no apparent reason. In some perverse way, it makes them feel good I suppose. And when the person can mouth off and take personal shots at people and can do it in the safety of his home using a computer and a keyboard, it makes it that much easier.

So how about we all stop the bickering and get back to the job at hand. Protecting our right to own and use firearms.

Oh sod off. :lol2::lol2:

wait wait ... :sarcasm:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Depends where you are in Maryland. The ratios are a little less lop sided in the western and eastern areas of Maryland. Don't make me post pictures to prove it. lol

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    :goodpost:

Gratuitous, "I know a guy" rebuttal in 3, 2, 1...

I can deliver.

We have a Fudd in the family. Very close family member, closer than a cousin or aunt. "Supports" 2A, conservative, Christian. .38 revolver owner, .22 Ruger pistol owner. Doesn't "understand" the need for high cap mags or "assault" rifle.

Great person, solid conservative. True Fudd in every sense of the word. Drives us nuts.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I work with a guy in a volunteer group that is very pissy about firearms despite the fact that the organization has a thorough, well thought out, and safe program. He is former Army. The antis and "only Feinstein and I can have guns" crowd is large in this state.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    165016_466989423348274_886068862_n.jpg

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I work with a guy in a volunteer group that is very pissy about firearms despite the fact that the organization has a thorough, well thought out, and safe program. He is former Army. The antis and "only Feinstein and I can have guns" crowd is large in this state.

i am in southern md and i work, hunt,shoot, fish and farm in all three counties and i never run into these people. yall must have them all in central md or they just avoid me, which is possible because i talk hunting, fishing,shooting and farming and i am very adamant about the 2nd amendment and the constitution. i run pretty good size construction jobs and everyone knows how i feel so i dont hear it at work ever either. if i did hear it i would surely have that person fired and removed from the site immediately. i guess i am intolerant.

edit: now i am not saying that we dont have haters and liberals and idiots down here, we have plenty of them, i am just saying that all the gun folk i know are not what yall call fudds, thats all.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You can cherry pick and run TV ads featuring actual Handgun Permit holders who are anti- 2A . Doesn't make them prevelant , or even wide spread.

Feb 28, 2013
    lol - there are other boards that are better for hunting than his board. Instead of two sub-forums they have forums like "Shotguns, Rifles, Muzzleloaders, Bows" like this forum and then "Wing Shooting" "Dogs" "Upland Hunting" "Big Game Hunting" and the list goes on and on. There are entire chatboards dedicated to waterfowling, upland hunting, etc.

When I have a hunting question, I am NOT coming to this board for an answer because the likelihood of finding somebody with the knowledge on here is pretty slim.

That may be. But it's what we got. Granted, some more traffic would be nice.

Your entire post is the reason there is a problem in the first place. You think hunters are losing something by NOT coming to this board. If you knew anything about hunting, you would know that the discussion on this board about hunting isn't even close to what it is on other boards.

I don't know anything about hunting other than as far as I'm concerned, deer are a menace. Nor did I ever make that claim. Frankly, I don't care about other sites. I'm a member here, because I like it here, and for the most part I've met some good people. You're misrepresenting my position. When I say that hunters are done a disservice by not being told about this place, I feel they miss out on the same opportunity.

Also, like I said several times in here now, I have nothing against hunters and sport shooters. My only issue is with those who look down at me because I choose to own "assault weapons". (Ugh!!)

I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy. If you don't want to own such a tool, that's your choice. But why cast aspersions on those of us who do?

Come on, Fabs. I know you're smarter than that.

Nope, a lot of the members on this board like to bash anything and everything they can that does not have to do with shooting/self defense. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have NEVER seen a group of people on a chatboard that is so willing to eat its own.

On this I whole-heartedly agree with you. I will never figure out why a bunch of folks who, for the most part, should be on the same side, yet can't ever seem to find common ground.

I didn't come here to make enemies, yet the same old BS goes on constantly, mostly from the "cool" kids around here. I thought I left this childish crap behind me in high school 20 years ago.

Apparently not. And one thing is for damn sure. Despite the constant demands by a few who shall remain nameless that "13ers should be seem and not heard", I am NOT going to roll over to appease these jerks. Hell will freeze over first.

Here is one for you. I've come across plenty of ignorant, uneducated, poor English speaking (and I don't mean immigrants) target shooters and/or self defense oriented gun owners in my life that don't really have a clue what the 2nd Amendment is for and/or how to use a firearm correctly. However, I don't extrapolate those guys to the entire population of target shooters and/or self defense oriented gun owners out there.

Well then, it seems that education is in order. I would like to think that's why most of us are here.

I haven't frequented many other gun sites. But what I do like about this one is that we are pretty much all from here. I think that's big feather in our cap.

I really sit here and wonder how many people talking trash about hunters in this thread actually know enough hunters such that their experience would equate to an adequate sampling that they could then extrapolate to ALL hunters.
    I have NOT done that, nor would I. I've wacked a deer on a bike before, so from where I sit there needs to MORE hunting, not less.

Also, you're changing the argument. The issue with the folks referred to as "fudds" in here is a political one, and nothing more as far as I'm concerned. But that doesn't matter. The 2nd Amendment is NOT about hunting. You know that as well as I do. It's about defense from tyranny, with weapons that are in common use. It just so happened that the most popular common use rifle in the country is a much maligned one.

I'll say "certain people" because I don't want to use the term again. But that's what "certain people" don't seem to want to accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom