• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TNTBMXer

Apr 12, 2010
    So let me get this straight. Stripped lowers are c&c, hbars are c&c, but a completed lower is a 7 day wait?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thanks everyone. I told the guy it really isn't worth the aggravation. It's much less BS to just cash & carry a complete rifle and be done with it.

It really is fun to walk out of a store with an evil black rifle. It makes me feel a little dirty (in a good way):D

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Thanks everyone. I told the guy it really isn't worth the aggravation. It's much less BS to just cash & carry a complete rifle and be done with it.

Yep it is better just to buy completed rifles now with the way the new laws are written especially since you can only have a HBAR upper in 5.56 anyway it makes more sense to just buy the complete rifle to avoid the hassle and wait.

Of course non-5.56 AR rifles are not affected by the new law so there is that option to buy in completed form.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Looks like I am screwed, unless letter shows up today or tomorrow. :o

You don't need the letter in hand. I know that some people hve called the MSP to check the status of their designated collector letter and were told that they were good to go.As long as they have you in their system at the MSP...Buy,Buy,Buy!

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    You don't need the letter in hand. I know that some people hve called the MSP to check the status of their designated collector letter and were told that they were good to go.As long as they have you in their system at the MSP...Buy,Buy,Buy!

I wonder if it is the same person that I called about my HQL?

Or does anyone know who to call?

Feb 28, 2013
    Is the lower you're interested in a private sale, or at a dealer?

If a dealer, will he let you put a deposit in it until you can submit another app?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Is the lower you're interested in a private sale, or at a dealer?

If a dealer, will he let you put a deposit in it until you can submit another app?

It was a dealer down in Salisbury. I've decided if/when I am ready, I'll just get a complete rifle from one of our IPs.

Only reason I asked above about the DC letter was so I could get paperwork started on a 22 I put a deposit on for my wife at The Gun Shop.

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    I'm coming up on 2 weeks for a FFL dealer to release my lower. They told me that its an 8 day release and that the 8 days are "business days". On top of that they said my paperwork hasn't come back yet. I don't understand what's talking so long.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm coming up on 2 weeks for a FFL dealer to release my lower. They told me that its an 8 day release and that the 8 days are "business days". On top of that they said my paperwork hasn't come back yet. I don't understand what's talking so long.

Its simple, they are lieing to you about sending in your paperwork on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom