• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The best current list is in this thread:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

Another site with lots of good information:
    http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative.html

Just keep telling yourself now you can vote against them twice, in the primary and the general elections. Next go get your friends and neighbors to do the same weather it is about guns, taxes, sharing bathrooms, the economy or anything else we need to get people to vote them out in the primary.

Yep, this exactly.

I need to put this awesome 'how to' thread in my signature block.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

Mr H

Banana'd
    Been thinking on how tro really spread the word on this.

We know that keening and wailing on the interwebz isn't enough. We need more spread on the message and the concept.

I had thought that just word-of-mouth would be right, to spread the word while keeping a low(ish) profile.

But then I thought to myself...

Self, there are many oddball groups out there spouting off in all kinds of bizarre directions. Would it be so bad if everyone knew what we were up to, and really put a scare in the D candidates?

I'd love to hear the thoughts on it.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I don't know if you could call it low profile with a web site like Free State DINOs. Skins_Brew started that months ago. He could probably use a helping hand with a few folks adopting their district and keeping it updated with the latest strategies.

I'm more than a little worried about this election. Where did the numbers, the energy, and yes, the heartfelt passion, we saw during the fight against FSA2013 disappear to? I know our strongpoint is pulling a miracle out of our butts at the very last minute but getting people to step up and work a bit for some pro-2A candidates with the primary only 2 months away is frustrating at times.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't know if you could call it low profile with a web site like Free State DINOs. Skins_Brew started that months ago. He could probably use a helping hand with a few folks adopting their district and keeping it updated with the latest strategies.

I'm more than a little worried about this election. Where did the numbers, the energy, and yes, the heartfelt passion, we saw during the fight against FSA2013 disappear to? I know our strongpoint is pulling a miracle out of our butts at the very last minute but getting people to step up and work a bit for some pro-2A candidates with the primary only 2 months away is frustrating at times.

Unless something is happening I can't see, the FSD site isn't getting wide penetration, which is why I say "ish". I do agree he can use folks helping out, and he has posted for "District Managers" to help with the legwork.

This community--and I hate to say it like this, as I hold the vast majority in very high regard--is lazy. The reliance by the majority on others is palpable, and somewhat embarrassing.

We are many thousands strong on any given day, mountains to shore, top to bottom. Even so, we can only muster however-many dozens to do the day-to-day things we need to further the cause???

I'll be very honest here. I feel shame some days for the lack of broad, deep commitment from the community here.

MDShooters. Firearms. This implies the ability and right to use tham as we deem appropriate.

Rights--much like our brains, muscles, and perishable skills--are only as helpful as our commitment to feed, develop, and exercise them. It's saddening/maddening to see how few step up, while so many expect them to.

RodeoJim

Mar 4, 2013
    AA County, DPRMd.
    As of today my family's commitment to the Operation DINO is completed. Received my new voter card today. Wife's came last week. District 32 has a somewhat brighter glimmer of hope.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Unless something is happening I can't see, the FSD site isn't getting wide penetration, which is why I say "ish". I do agree he can use folks helping out, and he has posted for "District Managers" to help with the legwork.

This community--and I hate to say it like this, as I hold the vast majority in very high regard--is lazy. The reliance by the majority on others is palpable, and somewhat embarrassing.

We are many thousands strong on any given day, mountains to shore, top to bottom. Even so, we can only muster however-many dozens to do the day-to-day things we need to further the cause???

I'll be very honest here. I feel shame some days for the lack of broad, deep commitment from the community here.

MDShooters. Firearms. This implies the ability and right to use tham as we deem appropriate.

Rights--much like our brains, muscles, and perishable skills--are only as helpful as our commitment to feed, develop, and exercise them. It's saddening/maddening to see how few step up, while so many expect them to.

Saying, "I want to help the cause, but..." is no better than a politician saying, "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..."

The sad thing is the people who need to hear this will never see it because they aren't even motivated enough to read through this thread, much less get up and do something.:sad20:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I think Free State Dino's web site focuses on too small an area and anyone who quickly looks at the map who is not in the shaded area figures it has nothing to do with them and moves on. However, there are DINO opportunities in many other areas in the state wide races and local government races.

My suggestion is a campaign to encourage every DINO to personally recruit at least two more DINO's and have the recruits do the same. Most people need a personal explanation of what DINO is, why it is important, how it applies to where they live, and most important that registering as a DINO doesn't make them a "true Democrat". I find explaining that it is like an undercover cop or international spy helps take away the bad taste of registering and be sure to make the point that when they write the politicians as a "Registered Democrat" they don't automatically throw it in the trash.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Another factor that I think is lost on some is that, as a DINO, you really have to focus on both sides of the street.

Support the [more] conservative candidates, while actively working to unseat the problem people.

Double-Agents are back in fashion, dontchaknow!!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    We're only worried about 2014 at this point.

But, in all cases, the individual has to determine where their vote will do the most good. Some districts don't need DINOs, some need all they can get,

That all depends on how wide you take your view. If you are in a R safe zone, becoming a DINO gives you the ability to affect other races, such as governor, congressional, AG for the "other" party. Want Frosh out of office and looking for more attorney work in November? Vote him out in the primary.

Brown needs to find a new line of work also.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In many R safe zones the Republicans only have one R running in the primary for many offices.

The more votes against liberal Democrats the more the Democratic Party will be recruiting more conservative candidates. The politicians want to get elected and stay in power and will back whoever can get elected.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    What will happen if a RINO runs in a primary? What if Chris Christie runs in the Presidential primary?

You can always change your registration back. If you want you can register for one party in the primary and change it to another party for the general, you can change voter registrations as often as you like.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    On my ammo hunt today, while waiting for the sales clerk, I chatted up a guy about the DINO strategy. Some people seem to not be able to get past their emotional convictions about who they align with to think about voting strategy. Any conversational suggestions on how to get people there? BTW, he left with the freestate dinos URL written down, so hopefully the message with penetrate with time.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    On my ammo hunt today, while waiting for the sales clerk, I chatted up a guy about the DINO strategy. Some people seem to not be able to get past their emotional convictions about who they align with to think about voting strategy. Any conversational suggestions on how to get people there? BTW, he left with the freestate dinos URL written down, so hopefully the message with penetrate with time.

I think Free State Dino's web site focuses on too small an area and anyone who quickly looks at the map who is not in the shaded area figures it has nothing to do with them and moves on. However, there are DINO opportunities in many other areas in the state wide races and local government races.

My suggestion is a campaign to encourage every DINO to personally recruit at least two more DINO's and have the recruits do the same. Most people need a personal explanation of what DINO is, why it is important, how it applies to where they live, and most important that registering as a DINO doesn't make them a "true Democrat". I find explaining that it is like an undercover cop or international spy helps take away the bad taste of registering and be sure to make the point that when they write the politicians as a "Registered Democrat" they don't automatically throw it in the trash.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

You did well. The only thing better would have been to talk him into the nearest tattoo place and having it done on his forehead...something to strive for:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom