• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    You guys and gals are wasting your time. Take a look around PG, Montgomery, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore county and tell me what you see. If that cancer continues to spread, as it has in the past 20 years, you'll will never, ever offset the political clout of these areas.

You'd best serve out your time in Merryland and then "head for the hills" as thousands of retiring residents have done. I made the mistake of taking retirement from the US Army in Laurel, MD in 1984 and have regretted that decision every day since 1991 when PG county went over 50% other.

Oh ok. So we should just do nothing. Your pessimism is not needed here.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not that there is any shortage of homegrown RINO's , but still wouldn't make any difference if they did.

The Dem primary IS the ONLY election for all statewide offices , and local elections for at least 75% of population. If you don't vote in the Dem primary , you are effectivly disenfranchised.

And it's not just the Reps who are disenfranchised, but also the large and growing number of Unaffiliated ( aka Independent ) voters. The majority of those in the past would have been moderate Dems , but they have been turned off the corruption , and being out of touch of the Dem party , if not political parties generally.

This has left the hard Left faction of Dems able to control the primaries and the Platforms.

Getting large numbers of former Reps , Libertarians , Independents into the Md Dem party won't make Md into a conservative/libertarian paradise , but it will bring Md back closer to the center , and closer to the will of the overall electorate.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    You guys and gals are wasting your time. Take a look around PG, Montgomery, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore county and tell me what you see. If that cancer continues to spread, as it has in the past 20 years, you'll will never, ever offset the political clout of these areas.

You'd best serve out your time in Merryland and then "head for the hills" as thousands of retiring residents have done. I made the mistake of taking retirement from the US Army in Laurel, MD in 1984 and have regretted that decision every day since 1991 when PG county went over 50% other.

You are wrong. Some of the representatives in MoCo didn't win by that much the last time. So if enough go and vote against them, they could be outed.
    Karen Montgomery for one only won by a VERY small margin.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It won't change things a lot but will make them have to spend money and attack themselves in the primaries. Bleeds the beast a little at least.

Also, if you take out the incumbents (which you could only do in the primaries since a dem will win the general election) it will weaken them overall in Annapolis since they will lose seniority, leadership positions, etc.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You can't wash off Democrat but when you write your elected officials, you should be doing that regularly, they will now read your letters and e-mails because you always start off "As a registered Democrat who votes in every election I think you should...."
    Be sure to sign your letters the same as the name your registration is under because they do check. If you are registered as Robert Smith don't include your name as Bob Smith.

A hand written letter from a registered constituent of the same party carries more weight than any other contact except those from people who donate and the bribers. You might want to mention you would consider donating if they '....better represented the views of yourself and your friends....". Above all politicians want to be reelected, so they don't have to get a real job.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    If you are in a conservative district like Harford, Carroll, Washington then do not become a DINO. It will only hurt us in those districts. If you live in a blue district then by all means do it because your vote does not count at this point.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    For anyone who is skeptical, look at the 2012 primary results. Many D's won by only a couple hundred votes.

Also, why do you think certain groups have so much influence in the Maryland D party. It's because they are politically active and vote in the primaries. While Maryland is a D state, most D's are politically passive, and do not vote in the primaries.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , even if you are in a conservative or Republican district , still go DINO . You can still vote for your prefered candidate in the General election. And I can personally assure you that pro-gun Republicans happily accept support from DINO's .

But without being registered Dem you will remain totally disenfranchised for all Statewide Offices.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yes you need to become a DINO in conservative districts to prevent the liberals from gaining a foothold. The Republican choice is almost always conservative make the Democratic primary also nominate a conservative then vote for the best conservative in the general election.

I may be registered a DINO but in my heart I am neither Republican nor Democrat I am a CONSERVATIVE. I register and vote any way I have to to get Conservatives elected.

Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    Yes you need to become a DINO in conservative districts to prevent the liberals from gaining a foothold. The Republican choice is almost always conservative make the Democratic primary also nominate a conservative then vote for the best conservative in the general election.

I may be registered a DINO but in my heart I am neither Republican nor Democrat I am a CONSERVATIVE. I register and vote any way I have to to get Conservatives elected.

Great mindset!
    :thumbsup:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Also, for the longer term registered DINOs will throw off their future gerrymandering. District borders have been squished around in the past to include or exclude a single dwelling!

gstaniii

Oct 11, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I've been a DINO since the day I registered to vote 25 years ago, but what am I supposed to do in the upcoming gubernatorial primary?

One is a bumbling incompetent
    One is a virulent Marxist Montgomery county radical (who likes to party apparently)
    One looks like Ferris Bueller in drag (and is also a radical)

Who is the lesser evil?

suggestions welcome

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    You guys and gals are wasting your time. Take a look around PG, Montgomery, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore county and tell me what you see.
    still trying to figure how AA and counties like PG and Montgomery are on the same level

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Oh ok. So we should just do nothing. Your pessimism is not needed here.

I'm more realistic than most who post here. If any of you think for one minute that you'll be able to capture sufficient seats in either the House or the Senate, you are sadly mistaken.

The votes last session were never close, and an extra vote pickup here or there, will never sway the outcome on any MD gun bills.

You guys need to be realistic; the cause is lost; head for the hills.

The Democrat party in MD is rotten to the core, and they will find ways to thwart us at every turn. God help you, if the LtGov and the How Co exec get elected; that turkey from Howard can't even speak a decent sentence and hasn't a clue how to protect the citizens of his county.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom