• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    This is too good to put in the WC.

A couple weeks ago it was reported that 2 Polish explorers approached the government with a deal to share 10% of the gold reportedly hidden underground in in WW2 era Nazi train. The Germans had extensive works built into the mountains. The US press quickly lost interest, but not so overseas, where there are daily updates in the press.

The anonymous explorers have since identified themselves and produced ground radar images. Apparently there have been rumors for years of a gold train, but other "experts" say it could be poison gas, tanks etc.

I think it's loaded with MP-44s and the czar' missing Amber Room.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11812174/Has-a-lost-Nazi-ghost-train-carrying-gold-finally-been-found-Two-treasure-hunters-think-so.html
    http://www.businessinsider.com/poland-clear-site-nazi-ghost-train

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Ian following this closely. I would love to see a train loaded with Nazi weapons and treasure. They did steal a lot of art and other valuables. I'm sure it is possible that they could still be out there hidden.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Maybe they can return all the gold teeth, gold eye glass frames, and gold jewelry to the rightful owners.

That's right. I forgot. The rightful owners were shoved into 2,000 degree ovens and incinerated.

Nice that countless millions lost their lives and the whole world was set on fire so treasure hunters could profit from the conflagration 70 years later.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Maybe they can return all the gold teeth, gold eye glass frames, and gold jewelry to the rightful owners.

That's right. I forgot. The rightful owners were shoved into 2,000 degree ovens and incinerated.

Nice that countless millions lost their lives and the whole world was set on fire so treasure hunters could profit from the conflagration 70 years later.

However if you read the full length of the second article you would have noted that the government has pledged to return all stolen items to their rightful owners.

That being said, it's spectacular that these old finds are being discovered and dug-up. And it will go a long way towards returning that which was stolen in WW II to its rightful owners.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The problem is that if they find firearms in it, especially Nazi-era arms, the German government's likely to order them destroyed. Imagine finding a trainload of unissued Sturmgewehr 44s sent off to the smelter to placate Aryan apologists... Oy vey.

DollZ

Sep 11, 2015
    Thanks so Much for this post and for putting it where all can see it - I find this a fascinating issue as well

Sooo is Geraldo gonna be there? :)

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    To me the fact that something can be hidden for so long and not found is incredible. I mean... It's not like it's a treasure chest. It's a frickin train. The thought of there still being real undiscovered treasures like that hidden right under our noses is awesome.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    this is the coolest thing going on in the world right now

Totally agree. I just hope once it's unearthed they actually announce and show the contents. My fear would be that the governments "hide" items of substantial cultural or monetary value. Also read that Russia is already trying to lay claim to the contents...basically saying that it's more than likely that some of it had to have been stolen by the Nazis in Russian terrority and they deserve to have it back. Will be very interesting to watch it all unfold.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member

Its not their fault. I would guess they weren't even born then. That's what people do after events like that. I know many guys that hunt for Civil War stuff that doesn't make them bad people. Just hunters of lost history.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    the government has pledged to return all stolen items to their rightful owners.

That being said, it's spectacular that these old finds are being discovered and dug-up. And it will go a long way towards returning that which was stolen in WW II to its rightful owners.

And the government is here to help you. Besides the obvious problem that most of those people are dead, governments have been very slow to return Nazi loot. Families are tied up in courts for years.

Here's what 100 tons of Nazi gold hidden in a salt mine look like:

Attachments

• gold.jpg
      gold.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 1,286

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    This what they are calling an armored train. Wouldn't you have loved one of those on your Lionel train set?

Attachments

• train.JPG
      train.JPG
      41.6 KB · Views: 1,164
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads