• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am pretty sure he can't either even if he wanted to. If you have another petition to congress I can sign, please post it.

He would veto it. Good luck getting a 3/4 majority to override a veto. Focus your efforts elsewhere.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Invite an anti-gun liberal friend to a free day at the gun range. If you can convince them that guns can be fun and aren't inherently unstable/dangerous and used solely to "spray classrooms of innocent children and furry animals", then you may've stolen a vote away from the Obama/Bloomberg/O'Malley crisis and taken a small step towards returning Maryland to the United States of America and the rule of law.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am pretty sure he can't either even if he wanted to. If you have another petition to congress I can sign, please post it.

Well the executive branch is a check to the legislature. He could defund the ATF NFA Branch. The AG could refuse to prosecute any NFA violations. He could pretty much destroy the NFA if the President wanted to and use the Constitution as justification and rightly so. If they can pretty much stop enforcing immigration, one of the primary functions of a working Government, he could surely defang the Hughes Admendment. However no recent President would consider it.

I agree... spend your time fighting something else as this is not even going to the correct branch of Government.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    IF the R's gain control in the Senate this year AND IF a favorable R is elected to the White House in 2016, we MAY be able to solicit Congress for a modification of FOPA 1986 on some benign grounds. Back-door a line out of the Hughes Amendment (via Amendment) at midnight before the session closes, as happened before. Voila...

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    IF the R's gain control in the Senate this year AND IF a favorable R is elected to the White House in 2016, we MAY be able to solicit Congress for a modification of FOPA 1986 on some benign grounds. Back-door a line out of the Hughes Amendment (via Amendment) at midnight before the session closes, as happened before. Voila...

Yeah... Since the NRA backed and Reagan signed the Bill. Bush Sr and Jr gave us import bans. The last Rep was Romney who signed an AWB in his state as Governor. I am sure we are going to find a Rep that Gun Friendly. Thats some drunk dreaming going on there...

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    the biggest voice against the repeal will be machine gun owners.:rolleyes:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    the biggest voice against the repeal will be machine gun owners.:rolleyes:

I use to think so but not really anymore. I own a M16 that will drop to about 1/30th of its value. I own a Mac which will drop to 1/10th of its value. I own three Maxims that may actually go up in value given that more people could own them and the value is historic and worldwide. However to be safe, lets 1/2 the current value. I would, without second thought, in one second repeal the NFA, the Hughes Amendment...etc.

While you may have a point for those into the investment side of it, any of us that actually shoot them would see the saving we would have in future purchases! It would quickly make up for the loss of value on the front end. I mean a SAW is like $100K. It would drop to about $10K or less. I will take it! I could turn several parts kits I have and instead of rebuilding into semi autos, I could turn them into MGs... If you actually like guns and see them as more than money in the bank, its not hard to see they would be willing to take the loss in value to get access to more guns!

Also many MGs are old guns and may not actually lose value! Think of a Gatling gun. Not a MG but still gets crazy money. My Maxims cost as much here as they do in Europe where they can not fire them! Yeah I mean the guy with a bunch of M16s is going to lose value but those with historic guns might actually see them increase in value as the demand may grow as more can own without the hassle.

Also there is the idea of how much your freedom is worth to you? Would you sell away your right to own firearms for say $100K? No, why not? So to assume that money is more valuable than People's God given right to keep and Bear arms and 2A that recognizes this right might not be correct.

I did not hear people with "pre-Ban" semi autos and High Cap mags calling for Bush to extend the AWB even if they lost a lot of value when it ended!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    think about it for a minute. my 100k investment would be worth a whole lot less if mgs were available again in mass. what would a pre-86 16k m-16 be valued at if new ones were available again for 2 to 3k for everyone?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    think about it for a minute. my 100k investment would be worth a whole lot less if mgs were available again in mass. what would a pre-86 16k m-16 be valued at if new ones were available again for 2 to 3k for everyone?

I can't tell if you are intimating that you are more concerned with your investment than people's constitutional rights. Could you clarify?

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Invite an anti-gun liberal friend to a free day at the gun range. If you can convince them that guns can be fun and aren't inherently unstable/dangerous and used solely to "spray classrooms of innocent children and furry animals", then you may've stolen a vote away from the Obama/Bloomberg/O'Malley crisis and taken a small step towards returning Maryland to the United States of America and the rule of law.
    This is a good point, and the right way to go, but how many here have liberal anti gun friends?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Wonderful. Before I disparaged your position, I wanted to be sure. Honesty is appreciated.

Nice to know that there are indeed folks out there more concerned with their investment than people's rights. I would happily sacrifice my investment so that people could enjoy machine guns like they did before 1986.

I think it's fair to assert that people in your vein are one, albeit low in the relevance factor, of the reasons efforts to change the law are largely absent.

I mean, why would I care about changing Maryland's FSA? I don't want other people to have the cool stuff I do plus I have a purchase order for things I don't have.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Wonderful. Before I disparaged your position, I wanted to be sure. Honesty is appreciated.

Nice to know that there are indeed folks out there more concerned with their investment than people's rights. I would happily sacrifice my investment so that people could enjoy machine guns like they did before 1986.

I think it's fair to assert that people in your vein are one, albeit low in the relevance factor, of the reasons efforts to change the law are largely absent.

I mean, why would I care about changing Maryland's FSA? I don't want other people to have the cool stuff I do plus I have a purchase order for things I don't have.

Sell me your $250k house for $50K, what do you say?... huh?
    most investers will give you the same answer.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Sell me your $250k house for $50K, what do you say?... huh?
    most investers will give you the same answer.

So owning a home is a right now like buying a firearm? I guess you and Obama had a conversation recently. Owning a home and buying something that is artificially inflated in price by an unconstitutional law are comparable in your mind?

Essentially, I am concluding you are not a gun person, don't really care about the rights of others and simply buy machine guns to make money. Everyone else who can't afford those things, thanks to the unconstitutional law, should just get over it. Nice.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    So owning a home is a right now like buying a firearm? I guess you and Obama had a conversation recently. Owning a home and buying something that is artificially inflated in price by an unconstitutional law are comparable in your mind?

Essentially, I am concluding you are not a gun person, don't really care about the rights of others and simply buy machine guns to make money. Everyone else who can't afford those things should just get over it. Nice.

dont be offended. you asked for my opinion. i am not barak obama.
    i understand and appreciate 2nd amendment rights.
    how many mg owners have chimed in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom