NC soldier arrested for long gun carry at Mall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    He was charged with..

"going armed to the terror of the public"

Huh? What? :sad20: Did some liberal asshat come up with that descriptor?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I hate this "terror" label... It's on every fvcking thing. :rolleyes:

A NATION OF PUSSIES THE CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ....HAVE BECOME.

Except for the few that I know (my present company included) that guffaw... over this insane ********. :sad20:

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    On all days for this article to pop up it had to be this one. This is atrocious and exactly the problem with this country right now. Its making it really damn hard to celebrate when all of the things our founder fought for are being thrown out the window at the whim of some politician, police officer or idiot judge. How is that even a legitimate charge????? The fact that there is any argument especially on this forum is straight up ridiculous.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Armed terror and/or manacing laws go back to the 1700s. It's not something new.

Time, Place, Manner.

Learn it or someone will teach you the hard way.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Armed terror and/or manacing laws go back to the 1700s. It's not something new.

Time, Place, Manner.

Learn it or someone will teach you the hard way.

It doesn't mean they aren't ********. Precedent just means it was accepted before so it must be ok now. Nonsense. I'll buy menacing if he walked in the mall with the rifle in his hands loaded and pointing at folks. Hanging off his back while he walks is only menacing to libtards who are terrified of evil guns regardless of how and when they are presented.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Two different discussions.

#1 - We can speak from 20/20 hindsight about how he could have been low profile , and not brought attention to himself.

#2 - We can talk about the inherent criminalizing of hurt feelings in the absence of underlying aactual criminal activity. [ Insert usual 1A nd 14A based scenrios where whiners of various stripes predictably would have hurt feelings over various legal and proctected activities.]

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Fayettevile being home to a military base you'd think these morons would be somewhat used to seeing people in military attire on a regular basis. NC is not the most gun friendly state in the country, they have some strange laws. For instance your local sherif can refuse to sign off on a permit depending on what county you are in. They do however have a VERY active pro gun organization, GRNC. Going armed to the terror of the public could apply to any OC person if this charge flies.
    Amazing how many crazy laws are on the books, like -second degree depraved heart murder.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Fayettevile being home to a military base you'd think these morons would be somewhat used to seeing people in military attire on a regular basis.

I didn't read anywhere that he was in uniform. A guy in civvies with rifle AND gear is cause for alarm.

A single soldier uniformed with gear AND rifle is something you'd never see in a mall and would be cause as well. Nobody says "oh that's normal. We see them armed in the mall all the time". People around there know that soldiers do not carry weapons on or off post.

I don't care what one is used to seeing outside the mall on army post. It's what is going on inside somewhere else that doesn't appear normal which is cause for alarm.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It was Mike Smigiel, former MD Del. to the GA and a huge 2A supporter. Bart did it to himself.

Personal attacks should never be tolerated.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    But you agree it didn't justify BB's comments?
    I didn't see it, but, knowing his history I'm sure he pushed it (and knew better). A shame really, he was generally a decent dude, liked reading about his move and stuff. Oh well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's not like he wasn't repeatedly warned.

He knew what he was doing.

I agree, aside from his blatant racist comments, and an occasion ad hominem attack, he was a good guy. But rules are rules.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Was that actually filmed in MD?

About a minute or so into it, the officer mentions "the city". This fool should have known he can't do that in Baltimore.

It was Mike Smigiel, former MD Del. to the GA and a huge 2A supporter. Bart did it to himself.

Personal attacks should never be tolerated.

The video was staged and scripted if I recall correctly. It was to prove a point. Whether or not that point was proven I leave to the masses to decide.

But you agree it didn't justify BB's comments?

Were other comments deleted? The last one wasn't that bad (calling the video "excrement"). At least I took that comment to be about the video, not anyone in the video.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Bart had a long history of this. It didn't matter who or what it was aimed at. It wasn't his first offense. The mods had enough.

Their forum, their rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom