• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    300,000 doses of sleepy ... not wacked. They get wacked when they wake back up and don't have another dose.

300,000 doses divided by 60,000 addicts in the city ... only 5 doses per addict ... I have no idea where the notion that 300,000 doses was going to put any significant dent in the supply. It was a single day's worth - its spent and long gone since April.

You're right, and you didn't even take into consideration the suburbanites rolling in with a pocket full of cash, buying up everything in sight.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I doubt that somehow they equally divided the drugs among all the addicts. A select few groups targeted the pharmacies and got all those drugs before others had a chance.

So, your theory is that they got the junk and are sitting on it?

To what end?

If they have it and are sitting on it, its a reason not to fight, not a reason to fight; it would bring calm.

It was scooped up and jammed into the regular supply stream at the wholesale level and is long gone. It represented nothing more than a single shipping container or truck's worth of product. Like Jimet adds ... factor in the rest of the state, half a day's worth or less on the market no matter who has it or sells it or when.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I don't think this is quite true. Drug demand is not that elastic. The usual users will queue up for the usual dose, but a lessened police presence is not necessarily going to create more drug users.

The drug industry in Baltimore supplies beyond the city limits. Addicts dont have a need for a set amount per day, if they have more money to spend, they will buy more or shift from cheaper to more expensive product.

I recall the recent riots having been an opportunity for cheap resupply from looted pharmacies.

I believe that the effect of that loot is grossly exaggerated. 300k doses sounds like a big number, compared with the numbers the Florida pill-mills push into the market every week, it is a small amount.

Violence flares up anytime there is a change in the market. New suppliers, new gangs, major federal busts that eliminate a stable organization. It's like digging up a rat burrow during construction.

Personally, I think it's heat-related. Global warming is killing all these people.

Lol, you and O'Malley.

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    the population gets the policing it wants so the bodies pile up and up. in 1973 i wthat the feds and state pured into norwest baltimore. orked northwest baltimore from what i see hasnt chnanged much. what ever happened to all the money hey let spephanie hump a radio car and hump calls wouldnt last more than 2 shifts in the summer. i do feel sorry for the folks who live up there they dont have a chance, well maybe not all the folks who live there.
    over my 40 yrs policing rarely saw a gun changenot pleabargened away. no manditory sentence if crime is not charged just my 1.5 cents

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    The only hope this city has at this point is a State take over, like Camden NJ. This way the police force gets overhauled and stronger, money gets shifted to hopefully the right places, and maybe we can help some of the future.

What's been going on isn't working at all, and a culture change for the city's residents is badly needed, maybe this will help a few out.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The NRA, SAF, firearms community at large shouldn't miss this golden opportunity while police nationally are under pressure and murder is skyrocketing nationwide. A big media campaign is in order, under a 2A self defense banner:

"Americans want less policing and more self reliance. With that comes your responsibility to be prepared for your own self-defense. Learn from the NRA about firearms safety and responsible gun ownership. Join us."

And they need to buy air time and run it in liberal, urban markets and start educating people, who vote.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Also, couldn't this increase in crimes, prove that the firearms safety act of 2013 isn't working? If anything, it proves that the bad guys are no longer afraid of the system or the police.

Repeal is in order.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Honestly, I don't think there would be a difference, FSA or no FSA.

The biggest problem is that the D establishment is wedded to keeping residents dependent and themselves in power. Where they blew it is in alienating LE in favor of a race narrative.

Only slightly less beneficial would be allowing citizens to carry.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    FSA 2013 may or may not have impacted the killing. But I think that is the wrong way to look at it. Anecdotally I see a lot of shotguns flying off the shelves.

The issue is containment of the damage: whether the gangs keep to themselves, or rather threaten retribution against witnesses; rob/loot small businesses and residents with cash, etc.

There is zero chance I spend money in Baltimore. My wife had to go to downtown and she sounded pretty nervous. multiply that across the region, shops are going bankrupt due to lower traffic.

I predict that if this continues much longer, when the numbers come out maybe next year, there is a massive exodus and the tax base is way down. Frankly, I am not sure Baltimore comes back from this.

The establishment created an environment where people feel dependent on the police, and then alienated the police. Public safety is a three legged stool: the public, the police, and the economy. You can balance on two legs, when the residents cannot protect themselves, with a really strong economy and strong police force, that's how NYC gets by. You could balance on one leg for a while, if you are really good. But, the Baltimore economy was rickety and rotten to begin with. The police and the economy were barely containing the crime even before the riots. Now: no legs.

I think people need to seriously start thinking about plan D (emergency manager or bankruptcy).

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Honestly, I don't think there would be a difference, FSA or no FSA.

The False Security Act of 2013 was never intended to impact criminals. I believe one provision that would have actually addressed actual criminals was weeded out after in somehow almost snuck through.
    And, honestly you are right, concealed carry would do very little to help the current situation in Baltimore since a vast majority of the "victims" were felons anyway.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It all started with welfare. When you have 4th and 5th generations depending on welfare, this is going to happen. I promise you, if welfare was a temporary solution to people that have fallen on hard times, Baltimore would be a changed city. Now the question arises, are we too late to turn the city around. I believe the city is lost. I do not see how it can turn the corner on this spiraling problem.

Slavery is alive and well in this city. But instead of being owned by the plantation boss, they are owned by the democratic leadership, that has allowed (welcomed) this type of activity for far too long.

I do not hold out any hope for this city and I do believe the problems are expanding into parts of Baltimore County. If Baltimore County doesn't act on this threat, it too will be lost in 25 years.

Get rid of Section 8 house after 2 years. Again, this should be used for folks that have come up on hard times.

Start D&A testing of all welfare and section 8 housing recipients. Do not allow their Independence Cards to buy anything but necessities. No subs or pizzas, no more shrimp salad sandwiches, or anything that isn't needed. A picture ID should also be required to use the card. **AND VOTE** (added)

/soapbox mode

^ This.

Any one of us can have some bad luck. Many of us have. But we (as a group) pulled ourselves up and got out lives back in order. And, instead of lifetime section 8, how about we utilize the abandoned military barracks across the country? If that housing is good enough for the defenders of our country, it's damn sure good enough for freeloaders and folks down on their luck turning their lives around. Fix them up a bit, put a 12' fence around them, armed guards at the gate. Zero tolerance for drugs, alcohol, tobacco. Mandatory education for everybody under retirement age, including trade schools. Everybody must work. Kids go to school. Adults cook, clean, maintain buildings and grounds, do laundry, etc. Retirement age folks babysit the younger kids and read to them during the day. Everybody contributes. Uncle Sam supplies medical care, food, teachers, necessities. My guess is that it would not only save 2/3 the cost of what we're paying now, but it would reduce crime, help people who want to get out of their ******** neighborhoods, and give them a safe place to live.

You can leave whenever you want. You will be encouraged to find a better life for yourself on the outside. If you want, you can stay here for the rest of your life. But YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE something to the community, in a good way. Or you can go back to your old ways.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ^ This.

Any one of us can have some bad luck. Many of us have. But we (as a group) pulled ourselves up and got out lives back in order. And, instead of lifetime section 8, how about we utilize the abandoned military barracks across the country? If that housing is good enough for the defenders of our country, it's damn sure good enough for freeloaders and folks down on their luck turning their lives around. Fix them up a bit, put a 12' fence around them, armed guards at the gate. Zero tolerance for drugs, alcohol, tobacco. Mandatory education for everybody under retirement age, including trade schools. Everybody must work. Kids go to school. Adults cook, clean, maintain buildings and grounds, do laundry, etc. Retirement age folks babysit the younger kids and read to them during the day. Everybody contributes. Uncle Sam supplies medical care, food, teachers, necessities. My guess is that it would not only save 2/3 the cost of what we're paying now, but it would reduce crime, help people who want to get out of their ******** neighborhoods, and give them a safe place to live.

You can leave whenever you want. You will be encouraged to find a better life for yourself on the outside. If you want, you can stay here for the rest of your life. But YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE something to the community, in a good way. Or you can go back to your old ways.
    That makes too much sense, they'll never go for it

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The False Security Act of 2013 was never intended to impact criminals. I believe one provision that would have actually addressed actual criminals was weeded out after in somehow almost snuck through.
    And, honestly you are right, concealed carry would do very little to help the current situation in Baltimore since a vast majority of the "victims" were felons anyway.

Going to assume you mean "legal" concealed carry. :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Again, wrong way to think about it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Sounds more like a pissing context, and folks are taking their balls and going home.

Webster's all...

Attachments

• cartman_00099124.jpg
      cartman_00099124.jpg
      15.6 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981