• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    I was just going to post this as well...a great article that backs up the argument that we don't need more new laws - we need to enforce the ones we already have. I know of no pro-2A person who is against prosecuting criminals and those lying on the forms to receive a gun. We support keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and those who are mentally incompetent and also those making straw purchases. And finally and most importantly - prosecute, convict and sentence criminals who use guns in a crime to the fullest extent of the law. Leave the rest of us alone....all we want to do is enjoy our constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I know of no pro-2A person who is against prosecuting criminals and those lying on the forms to receive a gun. We support keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and those who are mentally incompetent and also those making straw purchases.

Be careful. Many of those who make the same argument use it to try and justify things like universal registration.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Actually, this is probably going to be used in the weird "President Obama is the best friend gun owners have in Washington" argument. Really. These folks bring up some of the petty stuff like allowing CCW in National Parks by permit holders and ultimately letting the Koreans Garands (but not the M1 carbines) be turned over to the CMP after enough badgering as well as legislative failures at passing gun control (because Obama totally helped with that) and claim that it makes President Obama a great supporter of the Second Amendment.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Personally, I thiong we should all shift our focus to limiting the right to keep an armed bear. We have far too many bears walking around with sidearms. What's that for, anyway???

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    This probably isn't something cause by an Obama policy. The downward trend started in '04, right in the middle of W. Bush's presidency. Whatever happened to start the trend started there.

However, Obama is on the hook for not cracking down on illegal gun sales like he's promised to again and again, and the data presented in this article is perfect for proving that he hasn't.

Last edited:

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    Personally, I thiong we should all shift our focus to limiting the right to keep an armed bear. We have far too many bears walking around with sidearms. What's that for, anyway???

California-Flag-RKBA-Infringed-TriBlack-Shirt-Detail-1.jpg

From the last paragraph;

one ATF agent said. “We can’t just go it alone anymore, or even lead a case. We need buy-in from everybody: local law enforcement, other agencies. Then, and only then, are we able to sell it internally and will the U.S. attorney come onboard.”

This is a major part of the problem.The following stories are FACT (from A.A. county with state charges) I know these people;

(1)Convicted felon (multiple) found with guns in closet,state dropped charges and allowed a family member to pick them up from Southern district with just a signature.I guess AACPD can act as a private party for transfers??

(2)Convicted felon charged with possession of "regulated firearm;illegal possession" and "rifle/shotgun unregistered" (sawed-off shotgun which had been stolen).

There's a lot more to these 2 and either the state or the feds don't want any part of it.I can come up with a few others.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom