• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I know that at least one (Hagerstown) will be approached.

I wonder how many of them really understand what they've signed up for.

Exactly! Think plan would be to: 1. Gather info on mayors who left the group, including the reasons and quotes. 2. Compose letter summarizing. 3. Distribute letter to mayors still in the group.

I'm presuming these three are Jews and would like to slap them with a box of matzo.

ANY Jew in favor of gun comtrol is either ignorant of the Holocaust, or a moron. :mad54:

Would expand that to "ANY human..." :) I would also add in Rwanda and Cambodia, which adds anoher 2.2 - 2.7 million total victims.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I'm presuming these three are Jews and would like to slap them with a box of matzo.

ANY Jew in favor of gun comtrol is either ignorant of the Holocaust, or a moron. :mad54:

From my personal experience, most Jews are incredibly antigun. Once had a conversation with one about it. She said having firearms would have done nothing to stop the Nazis. It’s amazing, if you are told enough times that you can’t beat a government with guerrilla tactic, you will start to believe it.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Given that military service is required in Israel, I guess you mean those in the USA feel this way.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Last I checked, Stalin and Mao weren't too keen on private ownership, either.......

;)

:thumbsup:

From my personal experience, most Jews are incredibly antigun. Once had a conversation with one about it. She said having firearms would have done nothing to stop the Nazis. It’s amazing, if you are told enough times that you can’t beat a government with guerrilla tactic, you will start to believe it.

Interesting. She must have thought the Nazis just decided to stop all on their own. There were no guns or any military involvement at all in stopping them...ridiculous. :banghead:

------------
    Moving back to the action plan:

We could possibly print out source 1B, and send with a brief letter asking for other mayors here in MD to resign from the group

Source 1A - NRA-ILA
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/6/mayors-for-gun-control.aspx

"The original focus, I thought, was going to be . . . on better enforcement of our existing laws..."

Source 1B - NY post artivle references in 1A
    http://nypost.com/2013/07/23/weaken...l-mayors-have-quit-bloombergs-anti-gun-group/

Source 2 - NRA-ILA listing criminal behavior of MAIG members
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2012/criminal-behavior-by-members-of-maig.aspx

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Hmmm...the title of the organization says exactly what is wrong with the organization and what they stand for.

Illegal Guns? What exactly is an illegal gun? Why is it illegal in America?

What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand? Apparently the infringed part is inconvenient, so they'll ignore that.

Its all about their narrative and messaging. The more you hear the words, "illegal guns", the more conditioned people become and associate all guns with being "illegal". Just like the words, "common sense gun laws that save lives". They are using the tactics of Progressives to condition an entire generation so that in the not to distant future even stricter gun control laws will eventually get passed. Sad but true.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Many of my relatives are like that.

I no longer speak to them.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    She said having firearms would have done nothing to stop the Nazis.

The firearms by themselves would have not stopped the Nazis you also need people who are trained and willing to use them to stop the Nazis or any other threat.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,...."

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Just a bump here...Excerpt from an article by Guns America

Hi Everyone,
    This week saw the exit of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Mayor John C. Tkazyik from “Mayors Against Illegal Guns,” or MAIG. You probably already know that this is a poisoned Bloomberg scam on the American people, including many of the mayors, to confiscate firearms from law abiding gun owners. MAIG removed their member roster in January from the website, but we found a copy on The Internet Archive. Please check the list for your mayor and use the phone, email, Twitter and Facebook to get him or her out of MAIG. Now is the time to influence election money for the 2014 elections, and shutting down MAIG will make a huge difference.
    The Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/2014010...nstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml
    This is a short link to share: http://bit.ly/1di3WnC
    Our full article, linked below, will show you how to get to the actual contact forms for the mayors using the archive.org page, and we also have a web page and PDF backup of the list as well.
    Fire Your Mayor! Shut Down Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun MAIG

It is time to dismantle “Mayors Against Illegal Guns,” or MAIG. The organization started as a great idea. Who doesn't want to fight the transfer of illegal guns? The problem is, this organization was corrupt from the start. Started by **former** mayors Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino, it has now come out that the intent of of the group was always to confiscate all firearms from legal and law abiding gun owners. This week marked the departure from the group of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Mayor John C. Tkazyik. He claims to be an NRA member and that he has always supported lawful firearms ownership. Apparently he was lured into MAIG with false promises of support for programs that get actual results in fighting local crime and homicides, then eventually figured out that MAIG was just a bunch of gun grabbers with an Orwellian reverse-think name.( Click Here to Read More )

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Cross-posted

The TRUTH comes out ...

FreeBeacon.com -
    Former Bloomberg Ally Says ‘Mayors’ Group’s Goal Is Gun Confiscation

It did not take long to realize that MAIG’s agenda was much more than ridding felons of illegal guns; that under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens. I don’t believe, never have believed and never will believe that public safety is enhanced by encroaching on our right to bear arms, and I will not be a part of any organization that does.

Soooo, when approaching your respective mayors, ask them if they have seen that article or called John Tkazyik, the mayor of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. to inquire why he left MAIG.

Bloomberg's group should have been called 'Megalomaniac Attacking Innocent Gun-owners'.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If your mayor is a member of MAIG they are either anti gun or if pro gun then they are to stupid to be mayor.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    At least two of those mayors are no longer in office and haven't been for quite a while. Annapolis' Mayor is now a Republican named Pantelides (forgive the spelling) and Chestertown's mayor is a man named Cerino http://www.chestertown.com/gov/council.php for reference!

So thats at least two down! :party29::party29:

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Many of my relatives are like that.

I no longer speak to them.
    Perhaps they need to know of Tuvia and Zus Bielski. They ( and lots of guns ) saved an entire generation of Jews from the Nazis and the Holocaust.

You may already be aware, but check out the story behind the movie ( Defiance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom