• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Has anyone been charged yet? My cc has had no charges
    I ordered one tonight. He doesn't even have the guns yet. So he's a long way from charging and shipping them.

I requested wood furniture and he no longer guarantees that he can supply wood. So, he's taking orders and selling sight unseen on his part. My fingers are crossed that something decent shows up.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If anybody is interested in the Remmy 870 Wingmaster LE trades, go to Shooters Discount IP section, thread titled "Fresh Inventory Just Arrived".

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Dammit Lou! You should have told us they were inbound...

I didn't know that these guns were going to be made to my avail until the end of May (last weekend). As you all may well know, I don't like to post anything up unless I have at least seen it in person and/or have it in stock so I can make an accurate assessment of condition and price. I hand picked these guns myself and believe me, there were a lot of garbage guns in ROUGH condition and/or some internal parts missing such as the magazine tube spring and plunger (follower). Had I not briefly checked each and every gun, there would have been guns with missing parts. If this had been a group buy, the guns being bought sight unseen in quantity, there would have been a lot of unhappy people that would end up with a gun in totally shitty condition and/or missing parts. Basically y'all DON'T want to have a "group buy" on LE trades due to the potential shitty condition of the guns. I didn't get these guns from the ad link in this thread and perhaps y'all may have noticed there was NO description of condition (IIRC) of the guns in the ad link. There will prolly be some that are decent but also some real pieces of shit too.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I didn't know that these guns were going to be made to my avail until the end of May (last weekend). As you all may well know, I don't like to post anything up unless I have at least seen it in person and/or have it in stock so I can make an accurate assessment of condition and price. I hand picked these guns myself and believe me, there were a lot of garbage guns in ROUGH condition and/or some internal parts missing such as the magazine tube spring and plunger (follower). Had I not briefly checked each and every gun, there would have been guns with missing parts. If this had been a group buy, there would have been a lot of unhappy people that would end up with a gun in totally shitty condition and/or missing parts.

Thanks Lou for the details. I just wish I was throwing my money at you rather than someone else I do not know. Ill be home in less than 3 months, and sure as shit ill be in your shop right away! :thumbsup:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I didn't know that these guns were going to be made to my avail until the end of May (last weekend). As you all may well know, I don't like to post anything up unless I have at least seen it in person and/or have it in stock so I can make an accurate assessment of condition and price. I hand picked these guns myself and believe me, there were a lot of garbage guns in ROUGH condition and/or some internal parts missing such as the magazine tube spring and plunger (follower). Had I not briefly checked each and every gun, there would have been guns with missing parts. If this had been a group buy, there would have been a lot of unhappy people that would end up with a gun in totally shitty condition and/or missing parts.

You're a good man Lou, hope I can make some time to pick one up and meet you in person!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You're a good man Lou, hope I can make some time to pick one up and meet you in person!

It's the way I like to do business, NOT to mislead.

I've been involved in LE trades/deals for many years now and the stuff can be really nice and to the opposite end, totally shit. Last Saturday, an MDS member came in and ask about the 870 thread and if I was going to get any. I don't remember my exact response but it had something to do with "I'm staying out of that thread because at that price ($179.95) they'll most likely be really rough though there'll be a few here and there that'll be decent. If I can't hand pick them, I'm not going to bother". The following day, Sunday, I gotta' phone call..............................................................

.......................................and now I have my personally hand picked 870 wingmasters in stock.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I have done business with Summit for years. He is a true class act. I have purchased numerous handguns and shotguns over the years - most all police trade-ins. Sigs, S&Ws, Rem 870s, etc. Everything has been very accurately represented. To imply that he "may" be selling junk is really below the belt and totally unprofessional. And, he offers an inspection period and return if you are not satisfied.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I have done business with Summit for years. He is a true class act. I have purchased numerous handguns and shotguns over the years - most all police trade-ins. Sigs, S&Ws, Rem 870s, etc. Everything has been very accurately represented. To imply that he "may" be selling junk is really below the belt and totally unprofessional. And, he offers an inspection period and return if you are not satisfied.

I went back and reread the ad (link) and there was no description of condition in there with only one possible vague exemption and that was the guns are supposedly complete and supposedly in shootable condition. IIRC, the advertiser never disclosed that he had seen these guns and definitely doesn't have them in possession in order to make an accurate assessment of condition and completeness in shootable condition. I have dealt with LE trades for many years too and believe me, there's a lot of shit out there (potential LE trades) that I wouldn't give a nickel for to let my neighbor's dog chew on for a chew toy much less to offer for sale as a complete and shootable firearm. Like I said (posted) earlier, I don't post up stuff until I have it in stock or at least, have seen and checked out the merchandise with my own eyes and hands with the only exception being "new in box" guns as they are "new in box" and there's no need to determine the condition.

I must say it's a good point that the seller does offer a return privilege on the product when buying it sight unseen (mail order).

If that dealer does well and gives a good deal on decent condition LE trades as you've mentioned, I'd say good for him as he tries to maintain a good business model such as I do. My negativity in regard to potential lesser than desirable condition stems from the combination of my experience in dealing with potential LE trades and the lack of a condition statement of the guns by the seller.

Feb 28, 2013

How is it "totally unprofessional" to look out for one's own customers? I personally would be disappointed in anything less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom