Votes: 6 8.6%
    • Awful: I wouldn't recommend it to my ex wife

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This poll would be accurate if every barrack treated everyone the same. There is disparity it seems, between every single barrack.

Correct.

It'll be helpful if they people with negative experiences said where they were (as it seems they are).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I voted "if only option". I've done 3 three and one at Glen Burnie.

Bel Air was bad, GB not so bad except for never getting any paperwork back......

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    Have done three transfers in Glen Burnie and one in Belair over the past 18 months. All were fine, but the Glen Burnie troopers were by far the best. Very personable each time and even chatted about area ranges.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    For the most part, all of mine, except the last one, were great. I have found the Glen Burnie (near BWI) is the best.

The transfer at Waterloo was downright scary, especially in how the trooper handled the firearm. As both of us (seller and buyer) are NRA instructors, it was hard not to scream 'finger out of the trigger' and 'keep the gun pointed in a safe direction' .

Did one at the Waterloo Barracks, Jessup, and no issues. Have noted your comment, however, and will be alert if I ever go back there. Lew--Ranger63

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    No first hand experience but I've heard two first hand accounts of problems in bel air.

Don't know if one of those was my negative experience at Belair, but it basically convinced me with 100% certainty that I'll not ever even try to do another transfer there anytime in the future.

Got there at 4:00 pm exactly, as that's what time seller asked me to meet him.
    Little fat pudgy trooper with Napoleon syndrome and a chip on his shoulder acted like a total jerk. They had sign posted that said Firearm Transfers Tuesday through Thursday from 8 am to 4pm only....which obviously I didn't know about, especially since buyer said he did several transfers there before...

I suggested going Golden Ring to complete the transfer paperwork...
    Seller declined then really offered no solution other than to wait a week or so (after his vacation) and try to meet up again...Then, although we had both a verbal agreement and a worthless Commit To Buy agreement through this site, he backed out after being called out for reposting his ad with a $50 price increase....without ever replying back to me about another meeting.

Obviously not totally the MSP Belair's fault, but I'll not waste any time going there. It did offer me a learning experience and also a great perspective of a fellow member's honesty and integrity...

I voted in the positive majority on the poll, because in at least a half dozen recent transfers at Golden Ring, I've never had any issues with the actual Trooper on duty, nor the transfer itself. Even when it was discovered I unknowingly bought and owned a stolen firearm, they were still 100% helpful and courteous. Only negative experience was Belair, but that whole deal was a combination of Trooper/Seller BS....

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I did one at Waterloo ...Jessup at the end of 2013, it was a C&R CZ 82.
    I had to demonstrate the chamber lock for them and tell them no HQL was required, but all went smoothly.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    One at Bel Air, one at North East. Bel Air was meh. Trooper #1 at North East was an unbridled a#$hole, the Trooper who finally ended up helping me was a professional although he was clearly a touch confused about the process.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I did one at Waterloo ...Jessup at the end of 2013, it was a C&R CZ 82.
    I had to demonstrate the chamber lock for them and tell them no HQL was required, but all went smoothly.

Chamber lock? Never had any trooper mention it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The trooper obviously did not know the law.

c8edb5320e4a27e86c0f79381f6f4a905b0a7558898d66decf04c277105c6673.jpg

brooksie

Dec 30, 2010
    Middle River
    Over the last couple years, I’ve completed 3 transactions at the Glen Burnie Barrack and they were all flawless, as was one I completed at the Bel Air Barrack. My last transaction was at the Golden Ring Barrack. It took about 1 1/2 hours and I had to use a trash can lid as a desk to complete the forms. Not very accommodating! I won’t use Golden Ring again.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Transfer at Belair during the past month.

Trooper was courteous and professional. MSP's change in how to handle the paperwork was confusing.

Belair has removed the transfer hours sign and apparently transfers at any time now.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Did the paperwork today at the Barracks A Waterloo in Jessup. When the paperwork was done the Sargent on duty handed the paperwork back to me and said we had to take it to Pikesville, to turn it in. I told him thought we left the paperwork at the barracks and they sent it in, he said nope we had to do it. Of course he was polite about it but still felt like we were gum under his shoe. Has anyone else had this happen to you??? So tomorrow im going to HQ to turn in the paperwork, that way US Post Office can not lose it and MSP say it never arrived as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom