• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He stubbed his toe, his mouth was dry, had a stomach ache, his dog got into the trash before he left for work in the morning, he forgot it was an issue, he broke his favorite pen, got a virus on his laptop,.......

You name it, people around here will think up an excuse for him.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If Hogan does anything overtly pro 2A, he is done in Maryland.

If he doesn't, he is done in Maryland. The democrats know this! He looses nothing by standing up. He may even gain some respect for standing up for what he believes in. Even democrats hunt. The democrats are smart enough to know that if Hogan doesn't take a stand against this legislation, he will loose the support of the pro-2A community. That would almost certainly result in a democrat being elected as governor in the next election. The democrats know that they would be able to cram anything they want down our throats after that!

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    It's interesting that the R's have done nothing about any bad legislation to this point. They can hold up legislation with a filibuster. After the election they were so happy they had a filibuster proof minority, yet they haven't used it once. Not even against the veto overrides. I don't understand it.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Something occurred to me late yesterday with respect to this latest infringement. The rulers want all long rifle transfers between private parties to go through an FFL, and long rifle transfers are done on the federal level via the instant background check and federal form. Dumb question, but, how is the PRMd going to know that a federal transfer has occurred? Now, I haven’t read this idiotic bill other than skimming over it, but please tell me that they aren’t going to impose that secondary and redundant Maryland form on the people for long rifles that they currently use for “restricted weapons”

:mad54:

:banghead:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Something occurred to me late yesterday with respect to this latest infringement. The rulers want all long rifle transfers between private parties to go through an FFL, and long rifle transfers are done on the federal level via the instant background check and federal form. Dumb question, but, how is the PRMd going to know that a federal transfer has occurred? Now, I haven’t read this idiotic bill other than skimming over it, but please tell me that they aren’t going to impose that secondary and redundant Maryland form on the people for long rifles that they currently use for “restricted weapons”

:mad54:

:banghead:

BINGO!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - Maryland is a lost cause where our guns rights are concerned. This state has tipped past the point of return, and this is a fight that we won't win. The masses are asses and keep electing these boobs to office. If you truly want relief from it, you'll have to move out of state - it's really just that simple.

The tragedy here is that it is quite likely that each and every one of those bills will be passed into law. No matter what, the GA wins - if Hogan vetos any of them, they have the power to override him, but they also get to brand him in Maryland's liberal media as being against public safety.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If he doesn't, he is done in Maryland. The democrats know this! He looses nothing by standing up. He may even gain some respect for standing up for what he believes in. Even democrats hunt. The democrats are smart enough to know that if Hogan doesn't take a stand against this legislation, he will loose the support of the pro-2A community. That would almost certainly result in a democrat being elected as governor in the next election. The democrats know that they would be able to cram anything they want down our throats after that!

I don't believe that. I don't think there are enough single issue voters. Just my opinion.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    He's done in Maryland either way. If he does nothing, he loses the support of his conservative base. If he stands up, speaks out, and vetos, he'll be branded as being against public safety. This was their checkmate move to make Hogan a 1-term governor.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    He's done in Maryland either way. If he does nothing, he loses the support of his conservative base. If he stands up, speaks out, and vetos, he'll be branded as being against public safety. This was their checkmate move to make Hogan a 1-term governor.

:thumbsup:

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - Maryland is a lost cause where our guns rights are concerned. This state has tipped past the point of return, and this is a fight that we won't win. The masses are asses and keep electing these boobs to office. If you truly want relief from it, you'll have to move out of state - it's really just that simple.

The tragedy here is that it is quite likely that each and every one of those bills will be passed into law. No matter what, the GA wins - if Hogan vetos any of them, they have the power to override him, but they also get to brand him in Maryland's liberal media as being against public safety.

Unfortunately Sir, you are correct. There's a book by Charles Murray called "Coming Apart". The author talks about "SuperZips". SuperZips are where overeducated, elitist snobs live. Neighborhoods with a predominently Caucausian/Asian population with VERY high levels of education. Places such as Ellicott City, Columbia, Brookville, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase and NW DC., etc.

In Merry-Land, a large percentage of these folks also work for various government agencies and a large percentage are progressives. I want to be optimistic but, I don't see things changing soon. However, we do need to keep up the fight.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He stubbed his toe, his mouth was dry, had a stomach ache, his dog got into the trash before he left for work in the morning, he forgot it was an issue, he broke his favorite pen, got a virus on his laptop,.......

When Hogan is up for round #2 , I don't give a crap what he does "for" 2A, he gets my vote. People are forgetting what a Democrat does???

MD and NJ are two really different animals. Christie can champion 2A, say he believes in shall issue etc. His caveat is always, "It won't happen in this state because of the legislature". That is an honest answer.

If Hogan tried the same rhetoric, he'd lose votes because of the ultra left around DC, where guns are such a hot button. Why does everyone worry Hogan does not speak out for 2A, when we know it ain't going to happen (like the NJ excuse Christie gives) and would only loose him some leftie votes he needs to win.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, you knew what you were getting then? Or, did you believe he would at least ATTEMPT to affect positive change in regards to the little details of gun ownership/ccw?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Perhaps you've forgotten......

day-one-of-the-rest-of-your-life.gif

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Unfortunately Sir, you are correct. There's a book by Charles Murray called "Coming Apart". The author talks about "SuperZips". SuperZips are where overeducated, elitist snobs live. Neighborhoods with a predominently Caucausian/Asian population with VERY high levels of education. Places such as Ellicott City, Columbia, Brookville, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase and NW DC., etc.

Correct and it's also worth mentioning that Murray's the fellow who wrote The Bell Curve, which's also correct (tho', these days, most're too squeamish to admit it:innocent0). r/K Theory (written by Anonymous Conservative) is essentially the next step, but that book contains even more dangerous (i.e., truthful, logical and fact-based) ideas.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So, you knew what you were getting then? Or, did you believe he would at least ATTEMPT to affect positive change in regards to the little details of gun ownership/ccw?

The MDS board has been over it 100 times. OTHER THAN THE SQUIRREL STUFF... Hogan was always on record he was not changing gun laws. That stuff is out there. He never promised any pro 2A moves when running. My thought was at least we'll have a Governor who DOES NOT talk about grabbing guns every month, and he has lived up to that expectation very well. As far as the HPRB, you have to think he was really trying to put pro gun people seated there, and got torpedoed by two CCW instructors!! What governor would seat NRA , instructors on that board but a pro gun Governor?

Agreed! Time to shi$ or get off the pot. If he does or says nothing now there is no hiding it. Tired of the excuses. Stand up or gtf out of the way. Same goes for the rest of the Repubs. Stop worrying about re-election and do something with the time you have. You might surprise some people. JMO.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I 'spect that if Cruz or Trump take the White House back from the stain that's currently on it, we'll be seeing firearms viewed in a slightly different light around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom