• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Then maybe it's time we did something to get visible to attract some more numbers, right?

Your constructive suggestions (besides moving) are...

Take as many people to the range as possible that are interested. Good perk of ACG membership.

The biggest reason I couldn't get anyone to buy in MD was cost vs need. It's an expensive hobby. And even more expensive in MD.

Lack of convenient places to go in the populated areas is another major obstacle.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Then maybe it's time we did something to get visible to attract some more numbers, right?

Your constructive suggestions (besides moving) are...

and moving is not a constructive suggestion?

This battle has been going on in Maryland for generations. Each generation believes they have the magic formula. Truth be told it's just the same formula tried with different players.

You can only bail a leaky boat for so long. Eventually it sinks.

If you wish to keep bailing, more power to you. I grew tired of it sometime ago.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    In my mind 20% is a minority. The problem for the cause is that 20% is not evenly distributed across the state. Probably a much higher percentage of ownership on the Eastern Shore and out in Western Maryland. There are statistics that show gun ownership in Baltimore City at just a little over 11%.

There simply are not enough pro 2a people within a reasonable distance of Annapolis to make a difference to the MGA. The westerners and easterners by and large already feel unrepresented. Mobilizing them is beyond challenging.

It is a numbers game and we do not have the numbers.

Yep. I've seen 20% in some recent surveys for Maryland that I trust. The 20% is households. That makes individual gun ownership smaller. The counties that run the state, I would not be surprised if < 10% households owned a firearm. The largest group in Elementary school now is over 50% Hispanic in Montgomery. That is not a huge gun culture, let alone a hell of a lot being illegals living in the shadows..

Point? The population centers of the state are very firearms scarce..

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    In my mind 20% is a minority. The problem for the cause is that 20% is not evenly distributed across the state. Probably a much higher percentage of ownership on the Eastern Shore and out in Western Maryland. There are statistics that show gun ownership in Baltimore City at just a little over 11%.

There simply are not enough pro 2a people within a reasonable distance of Annapolis to make a difference to the MGA. The westerners and easterners by and large already feel unrepresented. Mobilizing them is beyond challenging.

It is a numbers game and we do not have the numbers.

Maybe I should have only bolded vast. It's a minority, but not a vast minority.
    I see it as maybe a 20-20-60 kind of situation. 20% owners, 20% antis and 60% indifferent/uneducated/don't care.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Gays and illegal immigrants each represent approximately 4% of the population. We aren't minorities. We are just hated and vilified by progressives. Considering how many good gun owners there are, we should be able to convince the indifferent to be on our side. I think most do, but just aren't moved to take action. In any case, I used to hide that I was a gun owner for security reasons and because of the perception progressives make of gun owners, but now I've decided to "come out" about it, and I've been surprised how many others own firearms and how many other non-firearm owners don't blame guns, but blame the individual. The progressives just don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom