What would be cheapest I could get a full auto for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Getting into full auto nowadays is going to be expensive, anyway you cut it. So suck it up and just take the pain.

You procrastinate, you pay more.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    What about making your own, assuming your tax stamp is approved of course?

A delorean with a flux capacitor that allows you to go back to a time before 1986 is impossible to get.

Civies cant make Machineguns. No manufacturing of post 86 for civilians allowed. This is why tranferables are so expensive. There is no new supply to satisfy the ever growing demand for machineguns.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I assume that type of license is difficult to get?

Difficult... not really but from my understanding the real hard part is because thats a business license, the address must be zoned Commercial. Most of us don't have cheap access to commercially zoned property. From there is just time, paperwork and some money. Its about $550 a year from the ATF if I recall correctly.

Either way, if you have to ask... its not going to be something you really consider until you really dive in much more!

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Difficult... not really but from my understanding the real hard part is because thats a business license, the address must be zoned Commercial. Most of us don't have cheap access to commercially zoned property. From there is just time, paperwork and some money. Its about $550 a year from the ATF if I recall correctly.

Either way, if you have to ask... its not going to be something you really consider until you really dive in much more!

I was reading a pamphlet in Moco permitting office, and they let you run a business at your residence. All the regulations seemed easy to meet.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I was reading a pamphlet in Moco permitting office, and they let you run a business at your residence. All the regulations seemed easy to meet.

From my understanding its not the state so much as the ATF that causes this problem. Usually I think the state will not bother you about a business run out of a residential home so long as the neighbors don't complain. However the ATF really looks to see that you are Zoned correctly since its a business license and its a good way to cut down on those that can have it. Otherwise we would all have them and be building post samples like they were candy...

I don't know all this stuff for fact but I started looking into it and found there to be the main reason most people can't get a FFL. Now there may be ways around it or... I am far from an expert on the subject.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Back to the OP...

The cheapest route is normally a M11/9. This will run you around $3K for a used gun in good shape. Transfer fees are extra.

One thing...be certain you have a place to shoot BEFORE you buy the gun. I sold my Uzi mostly because there was nowhere to shoot the blasted thing less than 80 miles away.

I also recommend a suppressor. Those dramatically reduce your signature - in many ways.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Back to the OP...

The cheapest route is normally a M11/9. This will run you around $3K for a used gun in good shape. Transfer fees are extra.

One thing...be certain you have a place to shoot BEFORE you buy the gun. I sold my Uzi mostly because there was nowhere to shoot the blasted thing less than 80 miles away.

I also recommend a suppressor. Those dramatically reduce your signature - in many ways.

I think you would be lucky to find a M11/9 at $3K these days. Seems to be up $500 or more from that price.

80 Miles...??? I don't think you looked hard enough. The AGC is about centered in MD and within 80 miles of all central MD. If you get to the Eastern Shore or the mountains, you will not have an issue... So maybe a long time ago... However I can think of at least three places to shoot FA just in central MD. I think its more like 5-8.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    No, AGC is up Baltimore way. I live in Deep Southern Maryland. AGC was the least distant range...a good 80 miles up the north road.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    A factory mac11/9 runs about 4500 nowadays. It is almost useless in this form due to the high cyclic rate. At 1200 rpm, it lives up to its name " bullet hose"

Spend another thousand on it a slap on a Lage Max-11 slowfire upper. Extra enhancements make it a controllable SMG. Almost as good as a factory UZI.

The SABRE556 m11 upper is also in the works, slap on that badboy and a couple of beta C mags, then you will have a nice piston driven infantry assault rifle(IAR) for less than 10k, you will have a nice kit. Thats a bargain in world of transferable machineguns.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    No, AGC is up Baltimore way. I live in Deep Southern Maryland. AGC was the least distant range...a good 80 miles up the north road.

Are we talking Driving distance or as a bird flies... because in straight distance, 80 miles from the AGC covers ALL southern MD. It does not cover the Eastern Shore or Western MD. What town are you in? Either way, there is a place in Glen Burnie thats even closer. I also know a place in Chantilly VA that allows FA. These are just places I know having never shot at them. You just did not look hard enough. I bet you can find a place within 30 miles. I mean even if you are in like California, MD... there has to be a place close by or just over the boarder in VA. You give me your town and I bet I could find a place in 10 mins of looking thats within an hour drive.

Man M11s are up to $4.5K... Another $500 and my first FA investment will double in value... Maybe its time to sell and upgrade! :)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The problem with machineguns is that when they increase in value and you want to sell and upgrade, anything that you will buy will also have increased in proportion.

So, the ratio is about the same.. However, m16 s, HK and UZIs have skyrocketted in pricing. damn internet. NFA used to be an exclusive club. now, its just who has the most cash. So unless the laws change, anyone trying to get into the machinegun scene, do it now. Prices are never coming down.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Are we talking Driving distance or as a bird flies... because in straight distance, 80 miles from the AGC covers ALL southern MD. It does not cover the Eastern Shore or Western MD. What town are you in? Either way, there is a place in Glen Burnie thats even closer. I also know a place in Chantilly VA that allows FA. These are just places I know having never shot at them. You just did not look hard enough. I bet you can find a place within 30 miles. I mean even if you are in like California, MD... there has to be a place close by or just over the boarder in VA. You give me your town and I bet I could find a place in 10 mins of looking thats within an hour drive.

Man M11s are up to $4.5K... Another $500 and my first FA investment will double in value... Maybe its time to sell and upgrade! :)

Yeah..... I paid 360 bucks each for my macs. 2.7k for a rr16, 1.7 k for an ac556, 6.6k for an m60. But i will never sell while i'm alive. Heck, if i go, im packing the 16 and a glock.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    The problem with machineguns is that when they increase in value and you want to sell and upgrade, anything that you will buy will also have increased in proportion.

So, the ratio is about the same.. However, m16 s, HK and UZIs have skyrocketted in pricing. damn internet. NFA used to be an exclusive club. now, its just who has the most cash. So unless the laws change, anyone trying to get into the machinegun scene, do it now. Prices are never coming down.

Well thats somewhat true... However M16s, HKs Uzis and Macs prices are being driven up as full size rifle ammo skyrockets in price. When there was 10 cent 8mm and 15 cent 308, people played with the bigger guns. Now that both of them are 50 cents plus and the only cheap full size rifle caliber is 7.62x54r which few transferable MGs can be converted to shoot, the price of these 9mm, 45ACP and .223 guns are jumping quickly.

Also prices do drop. When we saw the economy really first tank, I saw $25K+ transferable Ma Duces sell as low as $11K! Hell semis bring almost that! 1919a4 also dipped down that low. M60, BAR and other big MG prices are down. A 1919a4 right now is very well priced and the deal of the market if there is one.

You can tell its ammo driven because its the "shooter" MGs rather than the "historical" MGs going up in price. Why are Tommy Guns, MP40s, Grease guns saying fairly constant in price? Because shooters want the modern guns to blast away with. Thats why M16s are up what, $8K in the last year or two.

The Lage and other uppers are really helping Mac values as people see that they transform bullet hoses into a subgun almost as good as an UZI. Lucky for me, I had good timing and got into my Mac at the bottom of the current Market when they were $2.5K.

Frankly if I was getting into MGs right now I would be looking at: M11s, Uzis, FNCs, AC556, AR18s, and 1919a4s as they are still the best priced MGs in their category that are not historical type guns. MG08/15s are cheap for a belt fed parts the 1919a4 is still better for a shooter.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That's exactly the point...and where I live.

SelectFire allows FA and is 76 miles driving distance from CA, MD.

I have never been to it but it looks like MD Small Arms Range allows FA and is 48 miles from you.

Ft. Meade allow allows FA and is closer than SelectFire.

Are you trying to tell me you don't have some backwoods place to shoot... come on man...

There are three places in 80 miles and I did not even look into VA or spend more than 10 mins looking... also thats 80 miles driving distance anyway.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Fred's- waldorf allows select fire if you control it and not hit anything other than the target or backstop.

BUT.... you have to buy their ammo... and at this time. ONE BOX/day limit

I hope you have a really slow firing machinegun.

MSAR does not allow full auto but allows bump fire devices. WTF?
    Selectfire allows full auto in pistol rounds only and you can never ever ever ever ever have a cellphone within the premises.
    Gilbert's in Rockville allows full auto, but you have to buy and use their ammo.
    ranges in Va? need to file a form 5320 with BATFE and its taking a month to approve nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom