• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    Mine was delivered yesterday - just opened it. It looked nice on the outside. The barrel and hammer assembly serial numbers don't match. Bore looks rough - may clean up. No serial number on the barrel bushing. I had a 1950 Polish Tokarev that had a partial serial on the barrel bushing, this is a 1952 example. The extra magazine was free in the box, but seems to have caused no damage. Putting it under the foam would have been nice - no chance of damage that way. I would be curious to see if others received all matching pistols.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Agreed.

I was also concerned about the price of 7.62x25 ammo

There IS a solution. Did you know those free .223/5.56 range cases (like the ones scrounged today in the pic) could also be reformed into either 7.62x25 or 300 BLK cases?

Reloading is often a better option... ;)

:innocent0

Attachments

• DSC02715.jpg
      DSC02715.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 190

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There IS a solution. Did you know those free .223/5.56 range cases (like the ones scrounged today in the pic) could also be reformed into either 7.62x25 or 300 BLK cases?

Reloading is often a better option... ;)

:innocent0

Hmmmm, I may have to look into reloading...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Agreed.

I was also concerned about the price of 7.62x25 ammo, so I did a gunbot search last weekend before I ordered the Tok. I found Wideners had Prvi Partizan Tok food for $17.50 for a box of 50, that seemed like a decent price, so I ordered the Tok and loaded up on the ammo. Wideners shipped fast, the ammo arrived Tuesday.

Wideners is now sold out but you can ask them to email you when it is available again. Here is the link.

https://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|829|843

Smart move. Save that brass!!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks for the tip...that is GOOD advice...hadn't thought of it but you are right.:thumbsup:

Here's the deal ... even if you don't reload now, you might in the future. And if you're sure that you won't ever reload, there are people like me who will pay you a fair amount of your cost of ammo just for the once-fired brass. (This only applies to the reloadable brass cases with Boxer primers ... such as PPU and Sellier and Beloit ... not the surplus stuff.)

BTW ... for those who do reload, Starline has some new 7.62x25 brass in stock at the moment. It usually doesn't last long.

Jul 1, 2012
    There's one on GB now that's at over $2200.

If it's the one I'm thinking of (Folk-Fan) that is a rare pre-war early TT-30 in uncommonly nice shape. The high bidder is an "NR" and has bids all over GB right now. Expect to see nice unrefurbished, non-import war-era Russkie TT33's in the 1-2k range nowadays. Post-war are expensive as hell now too, closing on 1k or more.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    If it's the one I'm thinking of (Folk-Fan) that is a rare pre-war early TT-30 in uncommonly nice shape. The high bidder is an "NR" and has bids all over GB right now. Expect to see nice unrefurbished, non-import war-era Russkie TT33's in the 1-2k range nowadays. Post-war are expensive as hell now too, closing on 1k or more.

That's the one. How can you find out the other items on which a bidder is bidding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKroh

May 20, 2014
    West "By God" Virginia
    Question: Is the pin holding the extractor in on these Tokarevs supposed to come out? I tried everything I could think of, short of high-explosives, but it wouldn't budge.

Jul 1, 2012
    That's the one. How can you find out the other items on which a bidder is bidding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no real way to do it... he/she just happened to be bidding on stuff that I typically "monitor" - a LOT of stuff as it turns out. If I had the scratch I would jump on it - hard to find a TT30 in this condition. It'll be fun to watch it play out though.

Jul 1, 2012
    yeah, it's like zero feedback on evilBay. Not all NR's are bad (we all started there) but seeing one pop up and bid on a ton of stuff totalling over $10k isn't always a good sign :)

GB sucks in one aspect, that the seller has absolutely no way of contacting bidders. But a seller can block a bidder if something seems hinky (like somebody with a bad history of not paying). For a system that seems like it would be jam-packed with cheaters and scammers, GB is actually pretty civilized for the most part - at least in the C$R realm that I follow. There's always that one dude that messes it up for everybody though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom