Beretta USA Announces Decision to Move Its Entire Maryland Manufacturing Capabilities

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What's the word I'm looking for......?

HELLYEAH.:D

Mike Miller, too. Oh, heck... toss Dumais and Busch on the pyre, while we're at it.

We need to find the audio (and video if it is available) of Mike bush of the House floor stating that if he can vote for this bill (FSA2013) with Beretta in his district, then anyone can. And his comment about Beretta not going anywhere.

Alright folks there is the fire mission, go, hunt, find, return with the above for Karma prize for the first person to find each.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This would be good if they completely moved out of Maryland but their corperate offices are staying in MD. So MD will still get tax money! I want them to leave and hurt this F*n state.

Production completely moved by 2015, then give them a couple of years to move the compete administrative organization and leave just a small group to support Government issues, perhaps from NOVA.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This may or may not help us. Sometimes, things have to get worse before they can get better.

This does send a message that there are ramifications for actions. Personally, I do not blame Beretta. Thing is, if Beretta and its lobbyists could not crush SB281, the primary went the way it went, etc., I think the ONLY hope in Maryland is the 4th Circuit or SCOTUS.

If I am going to stay in Maryland, I think I need to resign myself to the fact that the 2nd Amendment will be wittled away little by little as they can do it unless it is stopped by the Courts.

Beretta's lobbyist got what they wanted as far as changes with regards to OAL for copycats, yes their lobbyist and the CEO of American operations spoke on the bill and the chilling affect it would have on the company. But I don't think the lobbied on the whole bill, just the parts that directly affected them.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    On the bright side, the Berretta facilities will make a great daycare facility for illegals ... or a turnkey FEMA camp. :rolleyes:

I have better idea, a state of the art firearms training facility. It already has a large caliber rated indoor range, plenty of room for classrooms and perhaps a little simunition training???

Now THAT would be sticking our finger in the eye of O'Malley, Brown and Frosh.

Hell, we could invite all of them to the grand opening.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Mike Miller represents that District!!! Oh wonderful. I hope there is a Republican running for that seat that can latterly rub his nose in it!!!:whack:

Never going to happen. That county is more liberal than Karl Marx, and he's the most powerful man in Maryland.

The sad truth is that the majority of the citizens of this state favor "gun control". The people like us who believe that the Constitution means what it says and should be enforced/protected/etc. are, sadly, in the minority here, and that isn't going to change. You saw the outcome with SB281. Billions of 2A supports showed up at the hearings, and it didn't change a thing. Not one day of missed work was worth it in the end. They don't care about us. They don't care what the Constitution says. They care about getting reelected, either so they can become career Maryland politicians, so they can position themselves for a different office, or so they can build contacts and make millions when they leave office. Two words: term limits. Until every elected position has a term limit, our rights and freedoms will not be safe.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    We need to find the audio (and video if it is available) of Mike bush of the House floor stating that if he can vote for this bill (FSA2013) with Beretta in his district, then anyone can. And his comment about Beretta not going anywhere.

Alright folks there is the fire mission, go, hunt, find, return with the above for Karma prize for the first person to find each.

BAM

I downloaded it just in case it disappears

Also this where he says he's concerned:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c56c62-7776-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html

Then this year where he says he isn't
    http://www.wbal.com/article/105172/0/miller-not-bothered-by-beretta-decision

Beretta has donated to his campaigns in the past:
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/6087/thomas-miller-jr#.UtQ2v_RDugZ

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    BAM

I downloaded it just in case it disappears

Also this where he says he's concerned:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c56c62-7776-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html

Then this year where he says he isn't
    http://www.wbal.com/article/105172/0/miller-not-bothered-by-beretta-decision

Beretta has donated to his campaigns in the past:
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/6087/thomas-miller-jr#.UtQ2v_RDugZ

You sir are a rockstar, and your prize is a date with the ever fabulous Andi Morony. :D

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Lolololol

I think I or someone else posted that wayyyy back right after he said it.

I'm sure there's plenty more dirt out there

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    So you're mad they got only part of the bill changed?

Beretta's lobbyist got what they wanted as far as changes with regards to OAL for copycats, yes their lobbyist and the CEO of American operations spoke on the bill and the chilling affect it would have on the company. But I don't think the lobbied on the whole bill, just the parts that directly affected them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom