• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowieite

Sep 22, 2013
    Undisclosed Location
    I'm finally getting around to putting together the parts to complete my lower that I got before SB281 came into effect. I'm putting all different pieces that I want in the lower, which is a little more money, but I have it the way I want it. Isn't that what building one is all about? I got a Timney Trigger, Hogue Grip, Magpul Selector, Mag Release, and Bolt Release. But I need all the detent springs and pins.

Anyway, the question I have is why won't Cheaper That Dirt sell a pin and spring kit because I live in Maryland? It's crazy that they sold me all those other parts, but the spring kit is a no. Does anyone know of any local shops that sell AR Lower Parts like this. I live in Bowie, but I travel throughout the area, from Baltimore to Southern Maryland to Frederick, almost every week.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm finally getting around to putting together the parts to complete my lower that I got before SB281 came into effect. I'm putting all different pieces that I want in the lower, which is a little more money, but I have it the way I want it. Isn't that what building one is all about? I got a Timney Trigger, Hogue Grip, Magpul Selector, Mag Release, and Bolt Release. But I need all the detent springs and pins.

Anyway, the question I have is why won't Cheaper That Dirt sell a pin and spring kit because I live in Maryland? It's crazy that they sold me all those other parts, but the spring kit is a no. Does anyone know of any local shops that sell AR Lower Parts like this. I live in Bowie, but I travel throughout the area, from Baltimore to Southern Maryland to Frederick, almost every week.

2A Sales in Jessup, or order a LPK minus trigger from Joe Bob's.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    Brownells is good, get a three pack of the detents... one is bound to launch

+1 for a few extra pivot pin detents. There are some special tools/techniques you can use to make the front pin installation easier, but don't be surprised if you send one flying. This is the one part of the lower assembly where I would recommend wearing eye pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom