• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I saw the info posted in the depot section last weekend. I placed an order for one Saturday night, I have been eyeballing a slide fire for a while, just not for the current prices. I had a tracking number immediately, and it was delivered on Wed. For $99.00 and free shipping, what's not to like?

I don't think it has free shipping anymore, not that it's a big deal.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    What caliber do you suppose the woman is shooting in the video on the Bump-Fire site?
    Do you think it was .223?

EDIT: Bump-Fire advises me that the young lady was using 5.45х39 and .556 in the video.

Last edited:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    For $100, I'd give it a shot. I have a slide fire, but no where to shoot it.:sad20:

So does anyone know a range you can shoot this at? I'm guessing Select Fire in Glen Burnie, but from the comments by other members, I'd rather not go there if possible.

I would think most outdoor ranges would be ok if I was the only person on the line / on the range. I'd rather not just go, "Oops, my bad..." :innocent0

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    So does anyone know a range you can shoot this at? I'm guessing Select Fire in Glen Burnie, but from the comments by other members, I'd rather not go there if possible.

I would think most outdoor ranges would be ok if I was the only person on the line / on the range. I'd rather not just go, "Oops, my bad..." :innocent0

would select fire let you shoot it there? i know that they rent machine guns out... but you're not allowed to rapid fire handguns :shrug:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    So does anyone know a range you can shoot this at? ....:innocent0

The AGC has let people shoot them. However they did drop a qualification requirement on it. Actually I have to finish the qualification course. However you must still have all rounds hit the impact area, not the grass or woods.

We have had several people bumpfire successfully at the AGC and one guy at least doing it on a normal basis.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Those that ordered the Bump Fire Systems stock, did it have any screw or bolt packets included? Mine didn't. There were no extra parts, mainly just the stock.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    All you should have is the stock and a block that replaces your grip on your AR. Install the block using your grip screw and slide the stock over the buffer tube.. ;)

at least that's how the slidefire one works..

edit* Watch the spring and detent! LOL

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    All you should have is the stock and a block that replaces your grip on your AR. Install the block using your grip screw and slide the stock over the buffer tube.. ;)

at least that's how the slidefire one works..

edit* Watch the spring and detent! LOL

I really haven't red the directions yet, but that's what I got - the stock and a little square block. That's it. Just got it today.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I really haven't red the directions yet, but that's what I got - the stock and a little square block. That's it. Just got it today.
    That will do it.. just remove your grip (watch the spring and detent) and replace it with the block, using the grip screw you have. The block on a Slidefire has ribs that run parallel to the barrel when installed, not sure about the bumpfire block.

Then, slide the stock over the buffer tube and viola!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I got mine a week or so ago and it was just a block & the stock. I fitted it to my Colt HBAR and the fit was ok but the block spring hole was too deep and the safety felt loose so I fixed that by filling the hole in the block with a spacer untill with the spring installed it was sticking out the same length as my original grip. Now the safety feels normal with no slop. I think the stock's length is a little short for me but I can make it work. Now for me to shoot it, living in MC and not belonging to any clubs I have no place to shoot it except when I visit my brother in South Carolina which I did today and we went shooting. The bump fire stock performed great and worked with out fail!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Anyone who have this do something different with their Muzzle brake?
    I"m wondering if spending the $ on a better brake/commentator will help keep on target
    Something that is "tunable"

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Mine isn't tunable but I did put a compensator on it and it did reduce muzzle rise while shooting it. For me, the bumpfire stock is more of a novelty than anything else so it doesn't get used much. As a consequence, having it be accurate is not high on my priority list. I can control it so that it hits the impact area and that is good enough for me. Going through a 30 round magazine in a couple of seconds is fun as all get out, but it gets expensive real fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom