• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    For those who have the SWFA SS 1x4 or 1x6, what do you have it mounted with. I have always had good luck with ADM's but a part of me wants to see what Bobro is all about. I've heard really good things about them.

PS.....LaRue is out of the question. They could be the best mounts in the world which they're not and I still wouldn't buy one. They are on par with every other quality mount but the owner is a self absorbed a-hole. I don't see any other owner talking trash to people and about competitors. He really does have a low self esteem and most of his fanboys are just like him. I'd rather not give my hard earned money to a d-bag like that.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    For those who have the SWFA SS 1x4 or 1x6, what do you have it mounted with. I have always had good luck with ADM's but a part of me wants to see what Bobro is all about. I've heard really good things about them.

PS.....LaRue is out of the question. They could be the best mounts in the world which they're not and I still wouldn't buy one. They are on par with every other quality mount but the owner is a self absorbed a-hole. I don't see any other owner talking trash to people and about competitors. He really does have a low self esteem and most of his fanboys are just like him. I'd rather not give my hard earned money to a d-bag like that.

I am no expert, but I have an SWFA SS 1x6 with a Bobro slightly forward mount. The 1x6 is heavy at almost 1.5 pounds, but I like the reticle design, it seems clear to my untrained eyes, and I feel the value is incredible at $799.95, which is what I paid during SWFA's semi-annual sale. I have the MRAD version.

The scope is mounted on a Colt 6720 that has a light weight barrel, and ends up weighing as much as a Colt 6920 with an Eotech on it. If I had scope mounted on my 6920, I may feel it's too heavy as it's borderline heavy now on my 6720 even though it weighs similary to my 6920 with Eotech (I was using a digital bathroom scale that measures to the tenths).

The Bobro mount adds another .5 pounds, but what I like about it is that it only has one throw lever that is self-adjusting. The mount also feels solid, which I know is subjective. I also like the way the rings are designed, i.e., rings are separated horizontally instead of vertically and you can access the nuts from above. I have not had an opportunity to test its repeat zero.

If I had to do it over again, I would get an extended forward mount as, for me, I have to push the scope all the way forward on the rings and the mount itself is as far forward on the receiver as I can get it in order for the eye relief to work for me in all positions.

Of course, I wish the scope were lighter too, but I wasn't willing to spend more. For around $1,000 during SWFA's sale, I feel I got a really good quality scope and mount for the money. I also have the switchlever, which seems fine.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The way I look at it is that it has to weigh what it weighs because it's built like a tank. I have no doubt it will serve my SHTF main well.

Weight really isn't an issue since the rifle its going on has a KMR. The rifle without optics only weighs 6 pounds and that's with a 16in. Rainier MEDCON barrel. With the SWFA mounted, the rifle should weigh less than 8 pounds which is good for me.
    Yea, I couldn't pass up the $799 price either. As soon as I saw it hit that price I immediately grabbed it without thinking twice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    My AR with Vortex Viper pst 1-4 and ADM mount.

B8616E44-E469-420B-A0FB-ACC8BBEB164B_zpsgbecgrr0.jpg

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Jester, I also went with the Bobro mount... I like it better than my ADM mounts which only do a fair job at holding a zero...

67DAD023-261A-4D24-ABAC-87CD4F374C1F-540-0000024453988E2D_zps37ccb7d3.jpg

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hmm...that's odd. I've been doing a lot of reading on the mounts lately and it seems as if everyone says the ADM's hold zero pretty well. It looks like people prefer the locking mechanism on the Bobro better though. I still haven't made my mind up. I know the Bobro is a little heavier though.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I actually found a full review that showed the opposite, I'll see if,I,can find it and forward it to you.

As far as the durability of the SWFA scope, my SCAR would shred to pieces before anything happens to that scope.

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    GG&G makes a really good QD Scope mount too. Single Lever mount on 6061 Billet.

+1 for the Vortex 1-4 PST. But I would have to say the Trijicon 1-4 is extremely clear although the Reticule is a bit dated for some.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I searched this thread for the Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x24mm scope and didn't see any mention of it. Does anyone have any experience or information about this scope? There are two different versions but they are both very cheap at $250 for the top-end one. Does cheap price automatically mean cheap scope? Please educate me!

Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge.

Scarab

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I searched this thread for the Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x24mm scope and didn't see any mention of it. Does anyone have any experience or information about this scope? There are two different versions but they are both very cheap at $250 for the top-end one. Does cheap price automatically mean cheap scope? Please educate me!

Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge.

Scarab

I bought one in a PEPR mount and actually just got around to shooting it this last weekend. I got the version with the standard crosshairs and no quick throw on the power. So far I'm very happy with it for the price (got it with the PEPR QD for 160). It is very clear for the money and easy to adjust. The eye relief is also very good. I shot it some in 1x with both eyes open and it was very doable, not a red dot but also not terrible. The only thing I would change is the thickness of the crosshairs in the middle. The posts are thick but taper towards the middle but they could stand to be thinner. I think the thick outer of the posts is what makes it easier to use on 1x with both eyes open. I'll post more as I use it. Link below

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...4mm-bdc-riflescope-and-burris-pepr-mount.html

They also have the bushnell with the throw down lever and the different crosshair.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...m-bdc-riflescope-and-burris-pepr-mount-1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom