• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCTRV

Mar 2, 2011
    I got in on the SWFA 1-6X HD group buy . Really like the reticle & its not that heavy for being built like a tank. Take your time & get what you want or you will have regrets.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    I was able to pick up a Trijicon 1-4 (TR24R) for a reasonable price. I am very happy with it.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

Reigndrop

Apr 26, 2013
    How distracting is the fisheye effect at 1x? Seems like a great purchase for the money... just worried that I'll be disappointed by the glass. Let us know what you think after a range session!

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Any opinions on Leupold VX-6 multigun? I have an Eotech Exps 3-0. I like 65 moa circle on Eotech. I like being able to do some rudimentary ranging with SPR reticle. People are complaining about 2.5 mil reticle on SPR, but the manual seems like it can still be used as BDC for 5.56. Not sure what zero they are using in manual. Maybe 2.5 mils not precise enough for for head shots, but I would think it's good enough for body shots. SPR meant as fast reticle.

Opinions?

Also, is it worth paying the extra $$$ for VX-6 over VX-R Patrol?

I probably won't get Vortex Razor HD2 because I want some ranging ability. I shoot practical carbine matches and want to be able to shoot out to 600 yards, if necessary. Don't shoot 3 gun yet. Probably won't get SWFA SS because of weight and want day light capable dot at 1x.

I have heard good things about Bushnell 1-6 too, but SPR reticle seems to balance quickness with some ranging and BDC ability.

Thoughts? And where can I hold one before buying?

brackishfly

Nov 17, 2012
    So. Maryland
    VORTEX 1-4 PST MOA

Ordered this through Amazon this last Sunday as used @399 (supposedly used) -w- free shipping from camera land, inc.. This was delivered on Tuesday. This optic actually is new IMO -w- everything intact (may have been a display). With the Vortex unconditional, any problems, no worry.

So not sure where I read the post on this buy but I started reading on this thread; thanks to whomever posted the heads up. Saved 100 plus the free shipping; Happy Happy Happy. :D

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    I am surprised no one mentions the Weaver Tactical 1-5X, ( not the Chinese Kaspa). The glass is Japanese. This is a first focal plane scope with an illum. reticle, (red & green). It lists for about $1000, but Midway has them for $669. The clarity of this scope is comparable to my $1400 IOR Valdata 1.5-8X. I have had this scope for about a year and the only issue is the reticle is not very visable in bright sunlight, but you can see it fine in black without the light. I wish they would have lit it red only, with more power settings. I used this scope in a three gun match at Acaemi in NC and everyone that looked through it was impressed.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Hmmm...this thread is relevant to my interests.

I'm looking for a "compromise" optic that will be good for precision out to, say 300 yards and also be functional for 3 gun use. I'm looking at....

MRAD
    TR24-3G (used)
    Viper PST
    Leupold VX-R Patrol FireDot (used)
    SWFA 1-4
    Leupold Mk 4 1.5-5 M2 SPR

Now, the Trij, SWFA, and Leupys are above my budget $500-ish, so I might offer trades to balance it out.

Thoughts?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

I'm looking for a "compromise" optic that will be good for precision out to, say 300 yards and also be functional for 3 gun use. I'm looking at....

MRAD
    TR24-3G (used)
    Viper PST
    SWFA 1-4

Now, the Trij, SWFA, and Leupys are above my budget $500-ish, so I might offer trades to balance it out.

Thoughts?

Primary arms 1-6X it's pretty nice for what you pay. I like mine.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia

MRAD
    TR24-3G (used)
    Viper PST
    SWFA 1-4

Thoughts?
    Look at the Burris MTAC 1-4x24 ($399 or less)( or the 1.5-6x40 same reticle and price). The BDC dots are spot on with cheap Walmart 55g Fed .223 out to at least 500 yards. I consistently get first round hit at 300y in 3-gun with no problem. Either you like the reticle or you don't. I like it because it doubles as a red dot at close range, enough so I took my Dueck offset irons off completely.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Did anyone else take advantage of the SWFA Tax Day Sale? I ended up getting a SWFA SS 1x6 for $799. I believe the 1x4 version was $650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom