• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Great job on the 2A side of fending off the media. Of course, Frosh and DeMarco couldn't wait to get their side in with their friends.

The video crews were there, but couldn't make us out, so they left empty handed :)

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    If we get a good ruling out of this, I'm planning on saving up for a celebratory AK.

This won't be the end of this regardless of which side wins. Both sides have stated that this will be appealed as far as it can go. If we win, the state will appeal and will likely issue a Stay as they did in Woolard (I have no insider info on this, just speculation).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This won't be the end of this regardless of which side wins. Both sides have stated that this will be appealed as far as it can go. If we win, the state will appeal and will likely issue a Stay as they did in Woolard (I have no insider info on this, just speculation).

Our legal team is prepared to take it to SCOTUS.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    No stay should be granted given the timeframe it takes for SCOTUS to hear a case and the lack thereof of previous cases.

The ruling should be the ruling unless a higher court grants the stay based on the fact that the court giving the stay is the one that 100% will rehear the case.

Dec 4, 2012
    If this judge ruled this "law" unconstitutional, then granting a stay would then in fact be hypocritical and unconstitutional. Right?

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Our legal team is prepared to take it to SCOTUS.

Not to sound like a gloomy gus but I can see us winning here and then there will be an appeal. The problem is that SCOTUS WILL NOT TAKE THE CASE, either way the decision goes. The reason is they will not decide on the constitutionally of firearm rights for the country. If they do even they must rule infavorable of the constitution and even D.C. will have to allow their citizens to own AR-15's. Trust me this will never go to the SCOTUS. NEVER!:mad54:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    a very limited number of seats are available to the public. Big cases garner more attention. get there very early if you want a seat. If it's big enough you may need to camp out at One First St.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not to sound like a gloomy gus but I can see us winning here and then there will be an appeal. The problem is that SCOTUS WILL NOT TAKE THE CASE, either way the decision goes. The reason is they will not decide on the constitutionally of firearm rights for the country. If they do even they must rule infavorable of the constitution and even D.C. will have to allow their citizens to own AR-15's. Trust me this will never go to the SCOTUS. NEVER!:mad54:

I trust nobody when it comes to predicting what the Court will do. No offense intended.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Introductory arguments have been heard. Preliminary arguments have been heard. Now on to rebuttals and such.
    Defendant is rambling about the supposed "effectiveness" of the 1994 Clinton AWB.
    Focus on straw purchase, secondary market and theft. That to combat crime general availability must be affected

This is something we can beat them over the head with in the general election.

The official report on the clinton AWB determined that the effectiveness of the ban depended on the income level of the purchaser. The AWB was designed not to actual ban Semi's but to limit the supply, drive up prices and ensure that only the wealthy could afford them.

the whole point of the bill is to disenfranchise the poor and in Md the poor are primarily people of color. Frosh's bill is aimed right at poor african american residents and designed to rob them of their 2a rights.

From fiensteins website:

AWB evaluation

Section 4.2 deals with the market effects.

The neatest thing about their (the anti's ) report is the conclusion that the AWB had no measureable effect because you are looking for tiny fractional changes in the tiny fraction of crimes that actually featured AW.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I trust nobody when it comes to predicting what the Court will do. No offense intended.

No offense taken. I was just looking at SCOTUS track record they could end this debate today if they would just uphold the COTUS!:)

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

It amazes me that the SCOTUS will jump at any opportunity to clarify that they believe that corporations are people but when it comes to defending actual people with actual rights they decide to sit on their hands.

Frankly, D.C. will never see an AR unless it comes down via a federal law banning all national, state, and local rifle bans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom