• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    going to be running up to Duffy's the end of the week

I am hoping that they have one in stock.. it looks like loads of fun to shoot. I wonder how it will compare to my SKS.. anyone have thoughts on that?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I own both, had the SKS first. After I bought the VZ the SKS has been sadly neglected and lonely. The SKS is a nice rifle; the VZ is just a lot nicer. Lighter, handier, and more accurate (I know, I'm only comparing 2 specific rifles, but it's an opinion shared in many online reviews & comparisons.) With a good muzzle brake installed (and some padding on the stock if you have a folder) firing the VZ is reminiscent of firing an M1 carbine.

Feb 28, 2013
    I own both, had the SKS first. After I bought the VZ the SKS has been sadly neglected and lonely. The SKS is a nice rifle; the VZ is just a lot nicer. Lighter, handier, and more accurate (I know, I'm only comparing 2 specific rifles, but it's an opinion shared in many online reviews & comparisons.) With a good muzzle brake installed (and some padding on the stock if you have a folder) firing the VZ is reminiscent of firing an M1 carbine.

My VZ is fun to shoot, but not quite as much fun as my SKS.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about any of my guns feeling lonely.:D

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    After this range trip, while cleaning I found that the slide was very tacky. Ended up scrubbing the factory paint off. The nasty black paint just dissolved using Hoppes 9 and came right off with steel wool. I oiled it all up and reassembled everything. The action feels more crisp now... I like it.

Attachments

• VZ.jpg
      VZ.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 108

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    After this range trip, while cleaning I found that the slide was very tacky. Ended up scrubbing the factory paint off. The nasty black paint just dissolved using Hoppes 9 and came right off with steel wool. I oiled it all up and reassembled everything. The action feels more crisp now... I like it.

I found that the gun needs a really good cleaning before it's shot and then should be run wet and cleaned again. Once it's broken it, it will be very smooth.
    There is a hang up on all of these guns if you were to guide the bolt back into battery which is completely normal. You need to rack the handle and let go for effective feeding of the first round.
    It's not a terrible finish but I would like to have it cerakoted in the future if I decide to use this gun in a rough manor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom