• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    But isn't that exactly what they will be doing if as some of you think, Pallozzi will soon start handing out CCW's like Hershey bars at the end of the chocolate world tour............

Not necessarily. At anytime, one with a permit can appeal or ask for a modification which can be handled by the review board.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Kinda wishing my formal review had not already happened, not that much happened while there. Cpl (at the time) Knaub presented his case, which included the fact that no substantive investigation was performed, and the board didn't care about any of the questions my attorney asked of the Cpl...rejected, as expected, after well over a year in process.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Kinda wishing my formal review had not already happened, not that much happened while there. Cpl (at the time) Knaub presented his case, which included the fact that no substantive investigation was performed, and the board didn't care about any of the questions my attorney asked of the Cpl...rejected, as expected, after well over a year in process.

This was your appeal or informal review?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

The time is what would upset me. It is just discourteous to give people the :tdown: and drag it out that long.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The time is what would upset me. It is just discourteous to give people the :tdown: and drag it out that long.

Agreed, especially when they are already crapping all over your fundamental rights. You'd expect they would at least be nice about it, and do it quickly! :rolleyes:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    The list of board members shows the Chair as being appointed by the Governor. If the shenanigans of the past persist, Hogan needs to pull his chair out from under him and appoint someone that will bring an end to the BS.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The list of board members shows the Chair as being appointed by the Governor. If the shenanigans of the past persist, Hogan needs to pull his chair out from under him and appoint someone that will bring an end to the BS.

we'll see what happens at the first meeting

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My appeal. Cpl Knaub did not really say much during my informal review...it lasted all of 10 minutes, including the wait after I checked in at Pikesville.

Sounds about right. Your next step would be to reapply or take to the courts.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Not sure Hogan can just clip the current term of the chair.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    i seriously doubt that these 3, after looking at them, are going to uphold the status quo. there is nothing in the law, code or court precedents that says they have to stick to anything. they have almost unlimited discretion over one tiny little thing. they also have expertise in firearms and carry. there are no requirements for the appointments, so there is no basis for not confirming them.
    you can challenge a nominee over credentials or expertise for the position, and these 3 have it in spades.

Really why wouldn't they hold up the status quo? The governor is and he appointed them.

i seriously doubt that these 3, after looking at them, are going to uphold the status quo. there is nothing in the law, code or court precedents that says they have to stick to anything. they have almost unlimited discretion over one tiny little thing. they also have expertise in firearms and carry. there are no requirements for the appointments, so there is no basis for not confirming them.
    you can challenge a nominee over credentials or expertise for the position, and these 3 have it in spades

I think you forget who we are dealing with here. Do you really think Miller and Busch will let the new members get confirmed if they start giving out permits?

Not a chance in hell. They don't care if they are only supposed to challenge credentials or expertise. They do not play by the rules

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's a chance worth taking, IMO...

Permits go out, streets don't run red, and you can't unring that bell.

Mike and Mike make a show of it, they're outed for being purely political and contrarian (and remember that Busch is weakened in his own district).

Win, and win.

It still wont fix our problem. If everyone has to go to the review board to get a permit, between the backlog and how slow the process is, many of us will probably be dead before we get our permit.

The MSP will not change their policy even if they keep getting over ruled by the review board. They are all about liability. They want to be able to say, not our fault, its the review board

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    One of the attorneys here with an active case recently posted that he has a petition for a writ of mandamus pending in the circuit court to compel the Board to review his client's application/appeal that is more than a year old. There is plenty to do. The Board's next scheduled meeting was posted on their website for June 2.

That would be me. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It still wont fix our problem. If everyone has to go to the review board to get a permit, between the backlog and how slow the process is, many of us will probably be dead before we get our permit.

The MSP will not change their policy even if they keep getting over ruled by the review board. They are all about liability. They want to be able to say, not our fault, its the review board

The only optimism I'd have is cases at the review board that were teetering yes/no , were probably all no. Maybe this board will go yes on close calls. As to what the standards are to get a permit, that has not changed. The evidence I read on this board from those who have them (other than LEO credentials and the like) show they own a business and have presented deposits etc. , just as the primer reads. I can meet those standards, have my last dozen deposit slips etc. If denied, maybe this board would use that evidence to back an approval.

The problem I kind of see with this scheme, unless you keep exerting just the right amount of pressure, your application just gets tossed in a drawer. No pressure, it probably stays there, and too much pressure they'll probably just yank you around for the pleasure of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom