• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Agghh hell hope mine isnt one of the ones recalled. Will habe to see when I get home. Either way its not going back to remington guess it will be time for a upgraded trigger.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    You are better off ditching the lousy X-Mark Pro triggers for an older Remington trigger or a nice aftermarket one. I am hesitant and worry about sending my firearms anywhere. I listened to all the folks who called the X-Mark Pros crap and replaced the one on my 5R long ago...

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Meh. Both mine got pre-X-mark triggers installed when they were reworked. I have a feeling if I sent either one in, I wouldn't get it back. :lol2:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Excuse my ignorance but why wouldn't you want to send it back to remmington to be fixed?

Mine is no where close to same specs as when it left remington. I bought it as a adl varmint 308 with a 26" tube. It now has a 20" tube, hs precision stock and badger bottom metal. Im afraid it wont come back the way I send it.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    I have one that is affected. Now debating sending back or aftermarket. They did provide a code for 40% off at Remingtoncountry.com as a boobie prize though. Not sure if it is one time use or not.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    My 2013 700 AAC-SD is affected.

Your rifle is subject to the recall. Remington will send you pre-paid shipping tags, boxes and written instructions. Remington will cover all related shipping, inspection, and specialty cleaning charges. Please do not return your rifle to Remington before receiving the shipping tags, as the shipping tags will be marked to expedite delivery of your rifle to the specific Remington facility dedicated to this recall program.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We know we disappointed you and this doesn’t make up for that; but we’d like to offer you a 40% discount to ShopRemingtonCountry.com and/or Remington1816.com.

Took a lot of work to properly join my scope and rings. Not looking forward to that messy, tedious job again.:sad20:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Ironically enough, they have a website ad slogan for tukey hunting on Remington Country, USA that states "Wreck Tom's Day".

You just did Remington...you just did.

Tom

wreck.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom