• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    To all my MDS brothers and sisters venturing out tomorrow morning for Maryland's opening day of regular firearms deer season. Good luck to all and I hope everyone's day go safely and smoothly. Remember, no deer is worth risking one's life or limb over. Not yours and not anyone else's so please be careful and diligent. Look beyond what you are shooting at keeping in mind there are others out there too. Don't forget to post your successes in the 2015 Bambi whacking picture thread. Have fun, enjoy a day in the woods and good hunting!:wave:

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I hunt my own place usually by myself. I found out the last minute my sons shift is changed and he will be hunting with me. I can't loose. Get one or not, it will be a good day. Like said above, have fun, stay safe, and GOOD LUCK.:)

swimtb

Jul 17, 2013
    crofton area
    Enjoy, stay safe, shoot straight and remember the season goes by really quickly so make the shot count because you might not get a second chance.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That's cool!:thumbsup:

I am one of the few guys I know who didn't have a father that took them hunting. When I was a kid, dad and 3 family members took a week off of work and literally did not come home. They have a lodge that accomidates everyone and they are either in it or in the woods.

Pretty serious guys. For many reasons dad and I were able to get a farm all to ourselves so he is taking a break from his 30 year spot to hunt with me.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    During deer season, more people get hurt by falling out of deer stands and rolling 4-wheelers than firearms injuries. Everyone be careful out there.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Harford farm, the landowner told me the other evening there were 16 deer in the field right by the stand he has me in, and they head down to where the stand is. Just hope they head down slow about 4:30, or that some idiot buck wanders in checking out the 2 scrapes near the stand and the nearby rubbed saplings. I am told "brown it's down, shoot as many as you can", ie take your buck and 10 does. And any coyotes too LOL

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not much shooting here at all. I have only seen a very small doe and an hour later a fawn still with spots. Kinda slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom