• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What he thinks he is doing is making the military weaker. It's not done until it's done.
    And it won't be done after its signed. It's done when CMP puts them up for sale.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    So I just heard that BO signed this bill. Pretty surprising. I guess I need to get everything in place so I can maybe buy one if the prices are not totally insane. How long before we can expect them to start selling them? A year maybe?

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Hold your horses, the bill says secretary MAY issue up to 10K a year. MAY and SHALL are two different animals, Barry and the boys have gone on record to say they oppose the release of these firearms to the public.

I'll be surprised if the release more than 100 and I bet they don't release any at all, at least I won't be surprised.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hold your horses, the bill says secretary MAY issue up to 10K a year. MAY and SHALL are two different animals, Barry and the boys have gone on record to say they oppose the release of these firearms to the public.

I'll be surprised if the release more than 100 and I bet they don't release any at all, at least I won't be surprised.

MAY and SHALL are most certainly two different thing as any Marylander can tell you.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on this, it will be years before this happens. (If at all)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Saving my pennies now. Gonna get as many as I can afford. If the price is reasonable.

IIRC, there is a 12 gun/yr limit at the CMP. You may want to consider having the spousal unit apply for her FFL-03. (The original bill required the CMP 1911s delivery to go through FFLs).

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    The bill that was signed requires the CMP to get its FFL01 and follow all normal FFL rules when selling the 1911s. If you live in a state with a CMP store, you should be able to buy one there. Otherwise, it sounds like it will have to ship to an FFL, including an FFL03 if the particular gun qualifies.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I certainly could be wrong on this but I have read that the military stopped buying (with a few minor exceptions like Special Ops purchases) M1911s in 1946, and that one of the reasons for shifting to the M9 in the 80s was that the stock of rebuilt wartime 1911s was finally being depleted (i.e., frames wearing out). If this is true, then pretty much all of the 1911s should be C&R eligible.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Someone somewhere will find a way to screw this up for us.

The GA will pass a new 6 round magazine law or some such crap.

Or no handguns .45 caliber and over may be sold in Maryland.

That aside, it is exciting news.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Someone somewhere will find a way to screw this up for us.

The GA will pass a new 6 round magazine law or some such crap.

Or no handguns .45 caliber and over may be sold in Maryland.

That aside, it is exciting news.

Why did LR come to mind when I read your post?:innocent0

...but it ended on a good note.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom