• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not saying that. saying the change can be made without fanfare. of course the media will find out. It just doesn't need any publiciity

And of course people who visit here can read the info.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I've heard that the original choice for superintendent was met with some displeasure by some "higher up" legislature members. Word on the street is the guy retired from the MSP abruptly to take the position. Now he's left high and dry so they are attempting to find him another position within the State government and deciding on a new choice for superintendent. Maryland politics are still strong on this one.

XRider105

Jan 9, 2015
    Carroll County
    Sitting around waiting for Hogan and his people to do something about 2A infringement is a losing strategy, IMO. I understand he was elected by moderates (and liberals) for his economic platform; but that doesn't mean that a large contingent of 2A supporters didn't give him their time, money and votes.
    The 2A community needs to be loud and persistent about having G&S defined or we'll end up right where we were in 2006: 4 years of Republican governership in the rear view mirror with nothing accomplished, 8 years of liberal Democrat leadership ahead with nothing but setbacks.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I've heard that the original choice for superintendent was met with some displeasure by some "higher up" legislature members. Word on the street is the guy retired from the MSP abruptly to take the position. Now he's left high and dry so they are attempting to find him another position within the State government and deciding on a new choice for superintendent. Maryland politics are still strong on this one.

Sooprise, sooprise, sooprise. Go figure. The libtards know what his plan is and whomever got screwed in this was someone who would accept self defense as G&S as the Super. They will fight anyone whom they think will do the same. Given that the 2A community is not the lion's share that got him elected he may be forced to accept a stooge and we get nothing. Sorry for feeling so pessimistic but it's usually what comes to pass in this state.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This might be hard for a gun forum to understand but there are other duties and responsibilities the Governor has.

I don't recall Governor Hogan using 2A rights restoration as a running platform. I don't recall him saying he would demand MSP issue permits under his control.

In fact the D's attempted to paint him ANTI gun (go figure) based off him saying FSA 2013 "didn't do enough" or something of the sort.

Not really sure where you guys get this wet dream of him changing everything on day one for MD gun owners.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This might be hard for a gun forum to understand but there are other duties and responsibilities the Governor has.

I don't recall Governor Hogan using 2A rights restoration as a running platform. I don't recall him saying he would demand MSP issue permits under his control.

In fact the D's attempted to paint him ANTI gun (go figure) based off him saying FSA 2013 "didn't do enough" or something of the sort.

Not really sure where you guys get this wet dream of him changing everything on day one for MD gun owners.

Well said.

And I'll repeat... hopefully for the last time... Hogan knows our concerns. He is aware of what he can and can't do--both with and without the General Assembly. He also knows what we can bring to bear in Annapolis.

He will not be our enemy... but right now he can't be an overt friend, and push down the other needs facing the state.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side

Paint him ANTI GUN... you must have missed the commercial with the ARs at the playground.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I do recall a loser named brown doubling down on promised future infringements while he was supposedly 13 points ahead and then getting his ass handed to himself. the last 2 months of his campaign ads were all about his hatred of guns and how Hogan was a nra lapdog... and Hogan won.

yall are selling the belief in the second amendment short.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The one issue, Anti 2A voters are such a super small minority that it it was just the only thing the other guy had to run on, the anti gun ads, IMO.

smokeybear

Aug 10, 2014
    Remember....when MOM came in with his first term, he left Tim Hutchins in as Superintendent for nearly a year before appointing Sheridan.

And yes, a LT COL retired very quickly recently. I'm not sure about appointed positions, but for a different state job and retirement pension issues, he may need a 45 day separation of employment from the state.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I would hope most people on here already know it takes someone of tenure, and experience to be the top guy at a big organization. Years of leadership, degree or two, whatever.

Does appointing someone who has never been a Trooper for Superintendent "ruffle feathers"? Reason I ask, I thought their organization is pretty para-military, lots of traditions, and someone told me one has to go through their academy regardless if they already are a Peace Officer in Maryland.

There have been quite a few over the years who didn't originally come from MSP. (Dave Mitchell who was originally with P.G. County comes to mind.) As far as ruffling feathers, I'm sure there are some who don't like it but that doesn't change anything.

While there may be differences in tradition from one agency to another, most are para-military and the minimum/required training standards are the same across the board per-M.P.C.T.C. (Not that some agencies don't go beyond or perhaps hold higher standards, but the core requirements are the same.)

Regarding the academy background, there's a difference between an officer who wants to lateral to MSP from another agency and one who is appointed as superintendent.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Regarding the academy background, there's a difference between an officer who wants to lateral to MSP from another agency and one who is appointed as superintendent.

You mean the Boss wont be in Front Lean Rest with the recruits for 6 months. Does he get weekend privileges? Where's the fun in that. :lol:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    You mean the Boss wont be in Front Lean Rest with the recruits for 6 months. Does he get weekend privileges? Where's the fun in that. :lol:

Defensive tactics would be interesting. He'd either get hit a lot or not at all. :lol2:

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    After hearing him speak, I'm more convinced than ever that Jack McCauley is the right man for this job. I sincerely hope the Hogan transition team is carefully considering him.

Code:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    After hearing him speak, I'm more convinced than ever that Jack McCauley is the right man for this job. I sincerely hope the Hogan transition team is carefully considering him.

Code:

Hmmm...I know a guy that is on his transition team. He is also a lawyer. I will have to get a feel for his stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom