• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I read where he was saying things along the line of "would be flattered to be asked" (paraphrasing). Being directly asked and answering in public means more to me.

Fingers crossed.........

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I don't recall Governor Hogan using 2A rights restoration as a running platform. I don't recall him saying he would demand MSP issue permits under his control.

Not really sure where you guys get this wet dream of him changing everything on day one for MD gun owners.
    You might not recall him saying so but he did. Nevertheless.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I decided not to go with the obvious. You know, for folks here who can't take "yes" for an answer, and all that......

;)

;)

Sir,

If offered, will you be accepting a new position with the MSP licensing division? I can't believe I don't already see that question here..

I surrendered my badge to fight for the rights of our citizens. I am relentless in my pursuit to right the ship. This election has given us a small step forward. I would do anything that was in the best interest of everyone. Governor Hogan has much to consider when weighing his options for key government support positions. To stop sounding like a politician...Hell yes!!!

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Nothing will ever change for MD, it will only get worse from here (guaranteed)...the only way to escape the oppression is to make a run for the border. Good news is that Hogan will prevent it from getting worse...until the next election and then we're ****ed.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Nothing will ever change for MD, it will only get worse from here (guaranteed)...the only way to escape the oppression is to make a run for the border. Good news is that Hogan will prevent it from getting worse...until the next election and then we're ****ed.

Nice to see a fellow WERA guy on here!

But yeah, I'm staying to fight as long as I have the stomach for it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How can one guarantee that exactly?

And,... run for which border? PA? VA? DE?, NJ?

I think he speaks the truth. Do you think Hogan is going to be this 2A savior that we all hope he will be? Probably not. Did he run on a 2A platform to get elected, NO. Did he EVER say anything that would make you believe one of his goals is to reverse any anti 2A laws that are on the books, NO.

I may not be able to guarantee nothing will change, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't take that bet.

As for running for the border, I think he's saying, leave the state. I don't personally hold out too much hope for any east coast state.

I'm looking at Texas or Wyoming.

Jim Smith

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    2339_bye.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think he speaks the truth. Do you think Hogan is going to be this 2A savior that we all hope he will be? Probably not. Did he run on a 2A platform to get elected, NO. Did he EVER say anything that would make you believe one of his goals is to reverse any anti 2A laws that are on the books, NO.

I may not be able to guarantee nothing will change, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't take that bet.

As for running for the border, I think he's saying, leave the state. I don't personally hold out too much hope for any east coast state.

I'm looking at Texas or Wyoming.

Jim Smith

Somewhat agree. I just think it's too early to go all in with "nothing" will change.

I think there will be change, do I think it will be on day one? No. Do I think we will be all out shall issue by 1/17.......... YES. Maybe not on something Hogan does or doesn't do.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Then run. Its OK.

I'm not saying we don't fight for our rights. But I don't think that Hogan is going to be that savior we're all looking for. He hasn't said anything that would make me think he's going to make drastic changes to our 2A rights. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I'll be right beside everyone fighting the good fight, but there comes a time where you cut your loses and get out. My time will be in the next 5 years. If things don't dramatically change in Hogan's 1st term, I'm going to start looking. However, if things continue down this slippery slide we seem to be on, I can see we are a lost state and will have to look elsewhere.

This isn't only about 2A issues. How much longer can you endure the tax increases we've experienced in the past? This has to change as well. This is something I will be looking at closely too.

I love my adopted state, but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.

If you hit the Powerball for $100 million clear cash, would you stay in this state?

Jim Smith

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree, there are things going on we are not privy to as always is the case. It will happen. I appreciate the deliberateness of the process.

We'll find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom